News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 - Minnesota Planning Schedule

Started by vmt193, August 23, 2010, 01:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Forest Lake is very possibly a no go. They have shooting shacks set up for bench rest at 25,50,100,200,300,400.
25yd has 6 stations and no room behind the line for an equipment line. They also have partitions between ALL shooting stations.
50yd the same and their range rules state ALL firing must be from the shack firing line.
100yd ...same as 50yd.
200,300,400 shooting shacks have 2, 8 foot concrete culverts end to end in front of the firing line.

Again ALL have a partition between them.

I asked Gary, the president of the board, if we could go to the 50yd and just move the firing line back from the berm 25 meters. Berms on both sides too, so we would be protected. He never thought of that, and would ask around to see if it cou;ld be done. Gary is very supportive of AS, and said he planned to attend one at Oakdale. I told him it wasn't n the schedule ...YET.

So Forest Lake is on the back burner for answers. I will get some info together for Minneapolis Rifle club and mail it out to their mailing address. Sven is a member of MRC so a two pronged attack may be in order, O0.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

sparks1

Minneapolis Rifle club has the range handout that Puma Mami put together. (Mailed las Sat. 4-2)

Is Duluth on board for any Appleseeds this year? I don't see it on the schedule.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Kosciusko

IIRC, we are supposed to have 2 shoots at Wells  this year

Puma Mami

Wells is on the Appleseed web site now, available for registrations. I had put the new Wells flier on another thread, but here it is again.
"Saving America...lots of things are easier to accomplish, few are more worthwhile." ~Fred

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer."  ~Albert Camus

AFTERMATH

Do we know of any locations to add to October, that aren't gonna interfere with hunter sight-ins?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

Duluth's down for Sept. 24-25; pending club board aproval