News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Evansville, IN Aug 21-22 2010

Started by Mudcat, August 22, 2010, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Another shoot is in the books for beautiful Red Brush Range. We had 14 shooters on Saturday come out to learn Rifle Marksmanship and some American Heritage. A family was the trend this weekend. A family of 3, a father son, a husband and wife newlyweds by the way, a couple brothers you get the idea. Started of with rain on Saturday morning but by the time we got to shooting it had pretty much stopped. The rest of the weekend was great. We had 3 make Rifleman, Jerad, Neil, and Logan but we had several that were really close.  Everyone had great attitudes and showed up willing to learn. Those great attitudes ran right into Sunday too. I have a few pictures and will get them posted up soon. Thank you all for coming out this weekend, I hope to see you all on the line again soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

1911-neil

I had an absolute blast at the shoot this weekend.  Mudcat, XDMan, Jimbo and BioGranny did an excellent job keeping it fun, safe, informative and entertaining.

I knew making Rifleman wouldn't be easy, but it was tougher that I thought it would be.  I barely squeeked by with a 212.  With a few equipment adjustments, I hope to improve on that at the next shoot.  I can't wait.  Hopefully I can make the 9/11-12 shoot at Knob Creek, KY.

Neil

Jimbo

Man what a great shoot.  We had some excellent shooters and pretty good weather for August.  Everyone was generous and delighted in sharing lots of hot brass with their neighbor.  How's that for new friends.  I know I'll see most of you around again.

Thanks,
Jim

Mudcat

OK here are some of the pics I took.

XDman giving going over the standing position with Jimbo as a model.

Here is Dan, 1911neil and Beckydoing the seated position.

Dan taking his time on stage 4.

Saturdays Rifleman Jerad.

Sundays new Riflemen. Logan and 1911neil

Becky and Colton

Neal, Grant, Ashly and Jon, Yes Neal you sling is wrong again. ~~:)

Ashly and Grant, Neal hiding behind the cardboard.

Logan one of our new Riflemen 14 years old.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

biogranny

I HAD ANOTHER GREAT WEEK-END @ THE APPLESEED SHOOT @
REDBRUSH RANGE. THE SHOOTERS CAME WITH A GOOD 
ATTITUDE AND WANTING TO LEARN.
CONGRATULATIONS TO JERRAD, NEIL AND LOGAN FOR MAKING
RIFLEMAN.  MUDCAT AND XDMAN YOUR HISTORY AND "DANGEROUS
OLD MEN" WAS REALLY GOOD AS USUAL.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT SHOOT!

HoosierDaddy

We had a ball. Grant wore his shirt to school today without a problem.
I got the sling wrong a lot then it dawned on me what I was doing wrong. :-[

Danl Boone

I can honestly say that this was everything and more than I had hoped for. I've been shooting for somewhere near 33 of my 41 years, never had any formal training. Dad taught 1911Neil & I to shoot, hunt, fish and general love for the outdoors (Thanks Dad). Neil has always been a better shot than I, and when he came back from the Army I was way behind. The only thing that surprised me about him was that he took until the second day to score Rifleman, and with tech sites to boot. Congrats to Neil, Jarrod, and Logan.

Not only did we both learn a bunch about shooting and our American heritage, we both learned about what this event can do to show any weakness in your equipment. My dedicated .22LR AR upper had always run pretty good up until this. I parked it after the first round on day two, Jimbo lent me a 10/22 and only then did I really start to get it.

My best was 198, so I'll be back and I'll get my patch next time.

Big Time Thanks to Mudcat, XDman, Biogranny, and Jimbo for their time, patience & professionalism; these folks know what their about.

Here are a few pics:

Mudcat & Biogranny "carding sites"

Lunch time history lessons

Scales Lake Cabin we stayed in Friday & Saturday night