News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manheim PA Aug 21-22, 2010

Started by lprgcfrank, August 22, 2010, 08:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Placeholder for this shoot
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

jmcglash

Big H, Frank, Greg, Chris, Hal, and I know I am forgetting some names. Thanks everyone for a great weekend.

I will need to resize the photos as they are 4000x3000 and 2.5Mb each. I will get these uploaded tomorrow with a writeup.

Jim

SIGH sorry Greg I am so bad with names.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."
~  Lord Robert Baden-Powell

Big H

What a great Appleseed week-end! It was hot and humid on Saturday, with occasional rain showers on Sunday, but shooters persisted, and instructors provided 2 portable shades and a first for Manheim: a covered firing line, courtesy of tatical308's carport shade!

Shooters came from PA NJ MD DE to learn from the Appleseed firehose of marksmanship and heritage, and to make new patriotic friends. The final Redcoats showed great improvements.

Thanks to IIT3 tatical308 for the Huge carport shade and lemonade and Pennsylvania Long Rifle demo- you sure earned your promotion to IIT4! Also thanks to IITs mal, Chris, and Andy for helping to instruct. Congratulations to mal and Chris on your promotion to IIT1! Thanks to lprgcfrank for the usual outstanding mentoring and instruction.
Our host range welcomed us with great facilities, including a 100 yard range with a view of the stocked fishing pond and a tasty Eatery for Sunday lunch.

On Sunday, we took 3 shooters to the 100 yard range, where they saw for themselves that the instruction at 27 yards also works at 100.

Thanks to all the shooters for bringing persistence and a teachable attitude- you make my job easy.    O0

Please post comments and photos.

lprgcfrank

Good Photo's from the shoot - Really loved Tactical308's PA Long Rifle - One of our shooters tried it and made the headshot on a Redcoat from the standing position!  He would qualify for the PA Rifle Regiment!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

More PA Long Rifle shots

lprgcfrank

jordanch68

The Long Rifle was fun, now I want to get back into black-powder. :)

jmcglash

OK so it stinks when work get in the way of life... I am sorry it has taken so long to get these up.

The weekend was great overall. Saturday the Day was warm and to sun was not too strong. There were two young marksman present getting there Young Patriot Patch, Colin and Billy. It was great to have them at the event and it helped remind me why I get involved in things like FIRST Robotics, Boy Scouts, and now that I have been to an Appleseed I  look forward to learning more.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."

jmcglash

A few shots of shooting positions being demonstrated. Unfortunately the pictures of seated are very poor and unusable.

jmcglash

Sunday we had another inspiration getting his Young Patriot Patch. Thank you Chris for showing an old goat how to get into the shooters bubble and ignore the brass bouncing off my cheek and back. You sure made Sunday interesting and fun.

jmcglash

Here are a few pictures of the Pennsylvania Long Rifle.
George loading and showing how it is done, center of the "head" on the 100 yard red coat.
Followed by Mal with a very impressive hit on the bottom right of the 250 yard "head".
A most enjoyable demonstration by our future instructors. I don't know if I should be annoyed or glad, my son things we need to assemble a long rifle... sigh... sounds like fun.  :)

jmcglash

One last picture post.

Don't let anyone tell you what you learn at Appleseed doesn't work at long range, even with a 22!

mal

Quote from: jordanch68 on August 24, 2010, 08:08:24 AM
The Long Rifle was fun, now I want to get back into black-powder. :)

Indeed.  If i can scratch some funds together, I may have to pick up one of those kits. 

"It's a hair trigger, a *HAAAAIIR* TRIGGER!"

Ya.  I didn't know they could do trigger pulls in hundredths of an ounce...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams