News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester MN Aug. 21 and 22 2010

Started by dragonfly, August 21, 2010, 06:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

dragonfly

7 New Rifleman  O0  this weekend and 2 new orange hats  O0

More to come,

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

Deacon

dragonfly

Thanks to the Southern MN sportsmen club for the use of there range and club house  O0 .

Some pics;

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

More pics

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Congrats to Rifleman Randy and Mike T from Saturday  O0 . Oh did I mention that Mike Is Woodyandcandi's Dad  8)

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Drinking from a fire hose;

K.I.S.S.

JoeZ

Quote7 New Rifleman    this weekend and 2 new orange hats

Great numbers D-fly and crew. WOW ^:)^

You really are keeping the faith.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

Some B&D  :~

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Congrats to new New Rifleman Leland, Jim, Mike H, and Jenny (thats Woodyandcandi's sister and Mike T's daughter)

D-fly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

How about Pete with a amazing 248 yes thats right first AQT and he scores a 248 . I hope to have him as an instructor some day.

D-fly

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Some great history;

K.I.S.S.

vmt193

Great job, and congratulations to all the new riflemen and IITs!

Even though I missed most of Saturday, I knew by looking at the first Redcoat on Sunday that the shooters had done an exceptional job of dealing with the "firehose" while I was gone. Those Rochester folks really pulled out all the stops in an effort to make the visiting instructors from WI look good.  **)

As always a great bunch of people and some are already signed up for Winona in 2 weeks.

btw: At the AA, AA meeting, (After-Action, After-Action Appleseed meeting held at Beetles Sunday evening), Jim mentioned that 248-Pete can routinely be found at the range shooting a pellet rifle at 100yds.  Hmm? O0

dragonfly

Congrats to some new MN IIT's Leland(aka thedud ) and Dave  O0

K.I.S.S.

dragonfly

Are to youth shooters Slade and Hunter  O0 . Great job in sticking to it the whole weekend, some great improvements by both  O0 .  POSTERITY alive and well  8)

dragonfly  Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

sparks1

Great pics ...but they do not show how hot it was.  When the firehose was mentioned, all looked expectantly for a dousing instead of more instruction. Shooters drank it all in tho', and put the steps together. :--- :---

Congratulations ALL who attended. O0 O0  It was hard work for you , some scored Rifleman and others were a whisker away from doing so. Perserverance and practice and you will be there too.

Thanks to the club for hosting an Appleseed. Well maintained range and pleasant people to instruct. I hope to be back for another one.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

martin

WOW, can those people in Rochester shoot! We had several students that had practiced before coming and it showed!!! O0 We also had several within 2 -4 points of getting their patch,,,practice! Dryfire! Don't give up!
Special thanks to the Southern Minnesota Sportsman's Club for having us. I hope you have many more! 
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

So.....
I log on to the forum to find that I have 7...... pages of unread posts. :-\
I begin to negotiate them one-by-one.  Then I com across this one.
As I'm still working to replennish my body with the requisite amount of caffeination after a nearly depleting myself of all reserves; I didn't fully realize what thread I had embarked upon.  Looking at the pictures; everything seemed all too familiar.  It was almost as if I'd been there once before.  Where's that dang deja vu smiley when you need it?  So, I begin to think deeply to myself when all of a sudden it hit me!
This wasn't deja vu!  I was there this weekend!  And what a spectacular weekend it was.
I'm sure glad Leland pulled his 'old-man' truck down my drive-way, informing the Redcoats were marching on Rochester!
I had my suspicions, so I was prepared and we hit the road not 5 minutes later, still uncertain of the accuracy of the reports.  Saturday morning all doubts were extinguished.  There they were all lined up 25 meters in front of us.  The shooters gave 'em heck!  Those Redcoats would make three more attempts at taking the field; however each time the shooters repelled there attack.  Forcing their retreat, further and further.

Providence provided us with a hospitable weather element; albeit, it was a touch on the warm side.  It's almost as if all those shooters who kept pushing that 210 mark, were trying to hit it on the dot.  Throwing a few shots every now and then; in a desperate attempt to get a little dousing in the nearby lake!  By Sunday afternoon, I don't believe we had a single shooter who wasn't, at the very least, a high marksman!  An excellent bunch of shooters!

Seven Riflemen + 2 IIT's = A great weekend for Minnesota + A Glorious weekend for America!

Thank you to the SMSC; for making this event possible!
Thank you; Jo, Martin & D-Fly for putting on a great event- Safe, Fun and Educational!  -Go figure.... #)
Thanks to Vmt193, Sparks1, Ckyllo, Russellmn, KmK, and (Woodyandcandi, Woody, Candi, Laura, Goofy[That's a 5-in-1 deal for an IIT. ;) ) Without you, surely WI would have annexed Southern Minnesota in their exodus from the Illinois invasion.
Thank you to Leland for abducting me and dragging me down to Rochester for this epic occasion....   Well, you can't say I told her.
Many thanks to all the shooters!  It wouldn't have been an Appleseed without you!  And the Instructors and I most likely would have used up all our ammo!
Most of all: Thank you to our founders, and all the men and women who've sacrificed so much, so that we may have the opportunity to do what we do.
We are forever in your debt.  I pray that we can do justice, by honoring your sacrafice.

Stop by and see us at the gunshow in Rochester, next weekend!

Untill our path's next convergence; 
God's speed, and best reguards!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Don't forget in that Loooooooooooong name  somewhere is " Dad always loved you best."    ^:)^ ^:)^

Also to the person thinking of buying only one rifle and wanted my recommendation>>>>>Research that one yoou are looking at. I KNOW you can get one as good and cheaper. The extra money can go for ammo. so you can practice.

PS.... We need more emoticons. Aftermath has mentioned a couple I could use from time to time.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Johnnyappleseed

Rochester rocks!!!!!!!
6 Rifleman
D-FLY nice shoot  O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Blackdog

Great pics, D-Fly!

Just a few more.....

Russelmn does a nice job presenting a few Dangerous Old Men stories.

Blackdog

The winning TV Terminator squad.

Blackdog

Woodyandcandi shows us that expert marksmanship is just one of her many talents. (Need a patch sewn on?)

Cooper

Young Masters Slade and Hunter are awesome!!
I didn't mind sharing my AQT's with them a bit  ++), and with Martin's encouragement I managed not to throttle, eviscerate or aerate them personally!!    **)

This is intended to be FUN!, and I appreciated the reminders that AS's are not competition with others, they are competition with ourselves and the forces arrayed against our freedoms.  No offense, but the truest Rifleman's patch is on the heart and not on the sleeve.

Sheeple, Awake!!

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

Quotebut the truest Rifleman's patch is on the heart and not on the sleeve.

That's a 'V' for sure!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

dragonfly

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on August 24, 2010, 09:16:52 PM
Rochester rocks!!!!!!!
6 Rifleman
D-FLY nice shoot  O0
JA

Thanks JA . Thats 7 new Rifleman  O0

dragonfly   Keeping the Faith

K.I.S.S.

russellmn

That was an great shoot!  Numbers were down from April there, but the quality of student's was unbelievable!  Thanks to all who came out, instructor and student alike, you made another memorable shoot for me!  And congrats to our 7 new riflemen/women and our 2 new IITs!!!
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Johnnyappleseed

Way to go Minnesota O0
D-Fly sure looks like a good shoot .
Wow 7 Rifleman + 2 IITs ---- The founders are smiling down  ;)
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on August 30, 2010, 11:01:30 PM
Way to go Minnesota O0
D-Fly sure looks like a good shoot .
Wow 7 Rifleman + 2 IITs ---- The founders are smiling down  ;)
JA

I certainly hope so. ;)

Are you going to make it back out this way before winter sets in?