News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lima, OH - Aug 14-15 2010

Started by Hoover, August 16, 2010, 09:13:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoover

This weekend's event marked the inaugural Appleseed at Lima Sabres Shooting Association just outside of Lima, Ohio.  
A handful of LSSA club members were among our students--some for both days and others that joined us on Sunday.  The LSSA club had excellent facilities--especially, a well equipped, air-conditioned club house to offer a respite from the weather to enjoy lunch and instruction.

We had students of all ages and skill levels.  Many of the students were families... mother-daughter, father-son and husband-wife pairs shared the event. Some were veteran Appleseeders and others arriving for their first time.  All persevered through some longish, hot days and demonstrated continued improvement.  We had two new riflemen among us, Mike and Mathew, before the weekend was over and several others "knocking on the door".   Mike scored rifleman on our first AQT at the end of a long, hot Saturday.  Excellent shooting, Mike!  And, Mathew (son of recent, orange hat, KAH), scored rifleman on one of our last AQTs on Sunday.  Way to go, Mathew!  I understand Mathew and KAH have identical rifleman scores; and no sooner than Mathew received his patch, the haggling over a "shoot-off" had begun.  We'll hope to hear details of the family competition soon.

It was a pleasure to see a total of four junior shooters amongst us that showed a great deal of enthusiasm and persistence.  One, Reid, would be certain to be first down range--often running in the August sun--to see his target and immediately begin diagnosis.  We could clearly see that determination would overcome any limitations of physical size and strength.

This weekend was filled with fun, perseverance, much interaction and a sense of our resolve toward the future.  We look forward to seeing everyone again soon--on the Appleseed trail.

Gordon

Quote from: Hoover on August 16, 2010, 09:13:24 AM

We had students of all ages and skill levels.  Many of the students were families... mother-daughter, father-son and husband-wife pairs shared the event. Some were veteran Appleseeders and others arriving for their first time.

This weekend was filled with fun, perseverance, much interaction and a sense of our resolve toward the future. 

Sounds like an excellent event. The diversity of people, the interaction, perseverance, and "sense of resolve toward the future" --- Appleseed at it's best. A great debut for LSSA.

Special regards to Matt on the patch! I look forward to seeing you and your dad persist in besting each other. :)

Congratulations to all -- instructors and participants.

KAH

Thanks to the Lima Sabres for the use of their beautiful facility!  The clubhouse (and airconditioning!) were a great place for lunch, history/heritage, and shelter from the sun.

All the shooters did a great job of learning the fundamentals - steady hold factors, six steps to firing the shot, and eventually cadence and the Rifleman's bubble.  Their commitment to persevering through the sun and humidity was evident as everyone that participated in the weekend improved their skills.

Special thanks to Andy and Jason who had some vintage rifles on the line.  Andy is was great that you provided the opportunity for Dinky to do a special demonstration - really nice Egyptian rifle, thanks for sharing it.

It's always rewarding to see families sharing the weekend together:
Bryan and Reid - I hope the pictures I took for you turned out OK.  They'll make a great memento.
Sheri and Caiti - Sorry Eric couldn't make it - I look forward to seeing your family at another event.
Julie and Rick - You guys are fantastic and your skills developed really well!

Here are some quick photos I got from the weekend.  Enjoy!

"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

Ishy

Huzzah!!!  Congratulations, riflemen!   ..:..  Matthew, I wish I could have been there!   :'(
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Ratchett

Congratulations to all for persisting through the heat and humidity! O0

Job Well Done to all those new Riflemen ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^ Matthew knew you would make it, what a birthday present! You and Dad better keep practicing, cuz Dangerous D and Emma are coming on strong!! WOW a tag team family shoot-off how cool is that? ;D

Thank you to Lima Sabres for inviting Appleseed to your facility! Maybe I can make the next shoot :)

Hoover, congrats on another shoot---is that invisible green hat that usually stays red in your sights---I think it is ^:)^

See you all on the trail soon, til then...Stay strong and keep the Faith

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

LibertyBelle

wow this weekend was so hot i didn't really shoot that much :-[ i really feel bad but I'm just not a heat kind of person

Hoover

Quote from: LibertyBelle on August 17, 2010, 11:52:17 AM
wow this weekend was so hot i didn't really shoot that much :-[ i really feel bad but I'm just not a heat kind of person

'Belle, you did great in helping so much with many other things--especially, with Admin.  I enjoyed meeting you and seeing you shoot.  I look forward to the next time that I see you on the trail with your dad.

Wildcat

Sounds like a good shoot.  Congrats to everyone for persevering in the heat!!

Matthew,
Congratulations buddy - great job!!!!!  8)

Hoover,
Congrats on a good, safe shoot.  You'll make an excellent shoot boss!

Dinky,
Teresa says hi  :)  Me too  ;)
Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

therealsteamer

Last weekend was a true test of Buckeye tenacity...  Our excellent group of shooters and instructors really plowed through some tough heat, humidity and long days...  A true example of perseverance!!!!!

The Lima Sabres Shooting Association were our host and provided an excellent range and incredibly nice clubhouse for us to use...Did I mention it was Air Conditioned.........MMmmmmmm

The shooters who graced our line were absolutely motivated and it showed in their groups as they progressed through Saturday... The line on Sunday was recharged and ready for more...  Thanks to all who allowed us to share the weekend with them!!!!

Congrats Mike and Matthew....  When are ya'll gonna add some orange to yer noggins..?