News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI. Aug 14-15, 2010 AAR

Started by JoeZ, August 14, 2010, 09:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Hello all,
Another shoot at the Boone is half over. Good weather and a good group of shooters and some fine instructors got together at a nice range for some American Heritage immersion. So far 5 have emerged as riflemen and hopefully more will tomorrow.

We'll talk more history and polish some new found skills.

I'll see you soon,

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Muskyjerk

What did we have? 22 shooters  ..:..

I will get pictures up on Monday

JoeZ

3 walk-ons minus 1 no show gave us 20 shooters.

8 shooters for Sunday. No more riflemen but one hit 209, one other shooter hit 208, and a few in the high sharpshooter class and so it was a bit heartbreaking to stop shooting.

Our KD portion was very comprehensive thanks to the expertise of jrturbo and a lot of hard work from Chris Z. We had 3 shooters fire three 200yd AQTs each. Shooters were briefed on wind comp and come-ups. Also worked in was some target detection and range estimation( they had to pick out the target for the proper range).

Again to the shooters, you've invested time and some of you a good deal of money. Don't cheat yourselves now by doing nothing. Practice, practice, practice.

Can't wait to see the pics

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Shooterer

Thanks to all of the Z's, Musky and Joe for an informative Saturday, the family had a good time while learning new things (and old things). Although none of the others in my group were able to shoot rifleman, I know it has light a fire in them to come back and get the patch.

Thanks again for taking the time to teach my kin.

Shooterer
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

Muskyjerk

More to follow- got to work now :D

Blondie

AWESOME job guy's!! O0 Had a great time shooting this weekend. Learned a ton more about history and improved my shooting (25m and full distance).  If you never signed up for an appleseed I suggest you do so soon! It will be one of the best experience you have with yourself and/or your kids! I will be passing the word on to others for sure! Thanks again guy's!

JZ
Rifleman (finally!)

P.S. Let see how many more cleared REDCOATS we can get!! The challenge is out!!

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

JoeZ

Notice how many shooters have shorts on Sat, almost half. The shooters had very good muzzle discipline this shoot despite a few hot brass vs bare legs incidents. Every shooter wore long pants on Sun. Not every lesson learned at an Appleseed is taught by the instructors. :)

Hope to see you all on the trail soon,
JoeZ

Shooterer

Quote from: Shooterer on August 16, 2010, 09:34:10 AM
Although none of the others in my group were able to shoot rifleman,

Thanks for the pictures MJ. I was wrong, my cuz (by law) Jeff scored riflemen (he is wearing the yellow glasses) and I didn't even know it. Jeff was a walk on Saturday after telling him on the phone Friday night what we were doing this weekend.

Way to go Jeff  ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^
Stand up for what's right.... Even if you stand alone.

JoeZ

Here are some of WI's new riflemen.
Rick D
Chuck S
Jay Z
Matt Z
Jeff H

HUZZAH...HUZZAH...HUZZAH ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Also, Shooter easily reaffirmed his skill. :---

Now let's pass those skills on men. Learn to shoot a rifle today...teach someone to shoot a rifle tomorrow.

JoeZ