News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Castle Rock, WA July 31- August 1

Started by Earl, July 31, 2010, 11:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

RL Shoot Boss

Almost filled the slots - 34 shooters. Lots of instructors.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Later same day, rewards!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Time to close on a high note.

Corrected the following day, one Rifleman got away in the scoring of his target. RL fixed it, Earl took picture on Second Day and posted it today... after waking to realize we had one more Rifleman that I hadn't posted a picture for, how had I missed him? Guilt is a terrible thing, let me make amends...

Joni

Congrats to Cindy on earning your Rifleman Patch, what a great feeling!! Awesome. Here are a couple of pics. Earl, your pics are great!!
Joni

tdow

Looks like y'all are having a great shoot.  Wade's is a great place for Appleseed.  Looks like a lot of dedicated shooters.

I wish I was there.

Viking69

What a great time! Big thanks to the instructors for providing such a professional and safe learning and shooting environment. This was my first Appleseed, and I have come a way with volumes of new found knowledge and skills to work on improving. Such a great program with the excellent shooting instruction tempered with the historical narrative of the inception of the Revolution. Cliff, Earl, and R.L captivated the shooters with their heartfelt and passionate description of the foundation events that sparked the birth of this nation and the shooting instruction was outstanding (thanks for all of your patience and guidance Joni!). Time for some serious drill on the AQT targets and prepare myself to go back for the patch!

Sean

PS, a story of the Revolution that held with me today,

"Soon after the commencement of the action, General Arnold, knowing the military character and efficiency of the British General Fraser, and observing his motions in leading and conducting the redcoats attack, said to Colonel Daniel Morgan, "That British officer upon the grey horse is of himself a host, and must be disposed of - direct the attention of some of your riflemen to him."  Morgan nodded his assent to Arnold, repaired to his riflemen, and made known to them the order given by General Arnold. Immediately upon this, the crupper of the grey horse was cut by a rifle bullet, and within the next moment another passed through the horse's mane.  An aid to Fraser, noticing this, observed to him, "Sir it is evident that you are marked for particular aim; would it no be prudent to retire from this place?" Fraser replied, "My duty forbids me to fly from danger," and he immediately received a bullet through his body. The rifleman who downed Fraser that day was thought to be Timothy Murphy, a legendary Indian fighter and one of Morgan's best marksmen. The consequences of Murphy's shot were calamitous for the British, helped turn the fate of the day and ultimately gave the Colonials their great victory at Saratoga."

oldfudd

Wow!  Look at the sweatshirts and jackets -- I can't tell you how envious I am of you guys and your cool weather.   ::)  Looks like a great shoot was had by all.  Congratulations.
"Have we the means of resisting disciplined armies, when our only defense, the militia is put in the hands of Congress?"
~ Patrick Henry

Earl

DAY TWO!!!!! O0

Earl

I like to think I helped but sometimes I think I am only the guy with a camera. ;)

Earl

We did find some folks that knew very well what they are about. Step on up, Riflemen! Take a bow ^:)^

Earl

It has been a great weekend for Castle Rock, WA, Appleseed shooters and instructors - and we will keep growing, cause it is a very good thing we are about. :cool2:

Evenstar

Quote from: Earl on August 02, 2010, 03:41:08 AM
I like to think I helped but sometimes I think I am only the guy with a camera. ;)

That's cause you have competition when you come to IDAHO shoots... ::) ;) VERY nice pictures Earl. Looks like a great time; wish I could have been there to help out. Congrats to the Riflemen, and to Washington's new RED HAT!
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

Thanks about the pictures, ES, I woke today to realize one of our Riflemen hadn't a picture posted and I got frantic wanting to correct it :-[

So, I did find the missing picture and posted it on a modifications and I am again, golden. or something close.

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-i-had-wanted-to-shoot-i-would-have.html my blog post about the weekend, mostly I have had a great time doing what the RWVA does best, motivating and sharing the Heritage of marksmanship and the History of the folks of New England, from April 19, 1775. Gosh, the NYTs doesn't understand how empowering this is. Two more tugs to Appleseeds in other parts of Washington to work on and investigate. Wondering why RL never got a Shoot Box for this Appleseed (a Rifleman persists- we built one). :sos:

Now to breakfast and another cup of coffee.

jacques

Wade! Congrats on your red hat  O0

Looks like WA has got a pretty good crew coming together there. Nice!  :D

Looks like a great Appleseed.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Wade

Quote from: jacques on August 02, 2010, 01:33:16 PM
Wade! Congrats on your red hat  O0

Looks like WA has got a pretty good crew coming together there. Nice!  :D

Looks like a great Appleseed.

A great crew with some of them looking for another range O0 Hopefully AS will grow very fast in WA soon,imho the Intructor crew is big enough to handle Alot more then my little hole in the ground ,,it looks like bolth to the north and east :cool2:

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

tdow

Looks like a successful shoot.  Good job.

Wade, if we had more folks like you around we'd have a range in every county by now.

06en

What another great weekend at Wade's. It feels that the last month I was there felt like yesterday. It was so much fun in the 7.5 days it took me to settle in and shoot a Rifleman's score. After the first, then the rest just came naturally with better shots being made one AQT after the other. Thanks again to RL Earl, Wade, Old Geezer, Ducko...oh goodness there were so many IITs.

TruTenacity

Sounds like a great shoot.  Nice pictures.

Congratulations Wade, on earning the Red Hat.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Wade

Quote from: tdow on August 02, 2010, 04:11:05 PM
Looks like a successful shoot.  Good job.

Wade, if we had more folks like you around we'd have a range in every county by now.

There are more alot more like me , I was just lucky enough to have the land and enough money to rent a dirt moving machine (put off buying an M1a) and be able to make the time (park my truck for awhile)  to build it .

Beside's when can a full growen man play in the dirt digging around like a kid ,and not be called childish for doing it ;)

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

type3malfunction

Congrats to the new Riflemen.
Earl, thanks for your great photos and AARs.
Wade, congrats on the red hat (and thanks for providing the super facility).
Looks like another successful AS in Castle Rock, too bad we had to cancel this time.

RL

I was excited to see you two on the schedule, you were missed. I really wanted to rope Russell into an Orange Hat.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

type3malfunction

Russell got his orange hat at our next AS (in Stevenson).
You set a great example for him.