News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, ID 7/17-7/18

Started by tdow, July 18, 2010, 11:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdow

Another great shoot is in the books.  We had a group of dedicated shooters that would not let the heat beat them down.  We had some folks who started out good and got better, some who started out brand new and made some impressive gains (and are now shooting better than 95% of shooters in this country!).

Despite the relatively small turnout, the great attitudes (TEACHABLE) that the shooters arrived with kept us from being disappointed.  It was a pleasure to work with all of you.

-Brooke, your perseverance was inspiring.  So were your groups, even though you weren't feeling well.  We hope you come back when you are feeling better.

-Ed, congratulations!  It's a great feeling to have another Rifleman in the area. 

-Jonathan,  you obviously have some skill already.  I hope you decide to come back for more.

-Troy, great shooting.  Let's get that shoot set up in Yakima.  We could also use some local instructors there (hint, hint  ;))

-Denise, you have the potential to give the old man a run for his money.  Thank for coming with a teachable attitude and for being supportive.

-Ty, great attitude and good shooting.  We'll get you there, just don't give up.  We have a saying around here: "A Rifleman persists."

-Kate, to start out brand new and end up hitting a 4 MOA target at 100 yards is really something to be proud of.  I could tell that you had been listening.

-Chris, you made a discovery in the afternoon that will make a big difference in your shooting.  Get the equipment squared away, keep up with the dry practice, and let's get a Rifleman patch on you.

-Rex, good shooting, and great kids.  Come back soon!

-Joni,  we know you can shoot Rifleman scores.  Let's get that orange hat dirty!

-Instructor team, you were incredible.  I couldn't have asked for more.

Thanks to the crew at the Lewis-Clark Wildlife Club for hosting the shoot.  The range is great, you feed us, and you're all good people.

I hope to see you all soon.

--Todd

Evenstar

As Todd already said, we had a great group of shooters. The DOM and DD stories were amazing (especially Samuel Wittemore, Todd!).

Great instructors, as always! ;) I always enjoy working under Shoot Boss Todd.

Kate - You were doing better than I was at my first shoot. Nice going! Come back, and get that patch. And we can sing the EVENSTAR song together! **) **) **)

Congrats, Ed, on becoming a Rifleman!

A lot of you shooters were knocking on the door. Come on back and get that Rifleman patch!

CONGRATS to the new RED HATS!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Todd covered everything pretty thoroughly, so I'll get some pictures up. :cool2:
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

TruTenacity

Another Appleseed event added to the memory bank.

Shoot Boss Todd, you had a plan, you communicated that plan to the instructors well, and your enthusiasm was contagious.  Thanks!

Instructors, thanks for all your hard work, encouragement, and support.

Ed, your care and tenderness toward your daughter, Brooke, was exemplary.  With concern for Brooke on your mind you came back to the line, took our instruction seriously, focused, and shot well.  Congratulations, Rifleman.  (BTW, I liked your shirt.)

Jonathan, remember, a rifle sighted in on a bench is not the same as a rifle sighted in using the steady hold factors and applying the six steps to firing a shot.  When you get back on the range continue to apply what you were taught and see what happens.  You'll catch up with your dad yet.

Troy, Denise, Ty, nice to see you again.  It's always fun to see a family enjoy themselves on the range.  See you in Coeur d'Alene soon? 

Rex and kids, Chris and Kate, what a fun family to have on the line and work with!  Rex, if you quit letting that trigger finger of yours be happy you'll be happy.  It was great working with you.  Chris, your "softball size groups" as you put it, will shrink soon.  Application is the key ... plus what tdow said.  Kate, what a hoot.  It was so fun having you on the line!  If you got flustered with having to use various rifles you kept it to yourself.  You listened well, applied well, shot well.  Great job!

Joni, you take "quickly, quickly, quickly" seriously and put the younger folks to shame!  I enjoy watching you shoot.  Your concentration is amazing.  I'm glad you were able to add more Rifleman scores to your tally.  I look forward to working the line with you when you take off your shooters cap and put on that orange one.

Happy trails.

Tru T
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Johnnyappleseed

Nice shoot Idaho ;)
TruT CONGRATULATIONS on your promotion to Red Hat ^5
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Joni

Thank you everyone for a great Appleseed! Congrats to TruTenacity and PoL for earning your Red Hats and Ed for becoming a rifleman, thanks to Ed and Troy for the competition!! There are several who are on the verge of becoming rifleman/riflewomen, I want to encourage you to be at the next one.
Joni