News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Coeur d'Alene, Idaho July 10-11, 2010

Started by Reformed Redneck, July 12, 2010, 10:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reformed Redneck

To all,

I am posting this as a start to the comments from all of those who participated at this shoot. I'll get back to this myself as time allows, but feel free to put up your comments in the mean time.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Rick10/13

I had a great time at the CD'A shoot. My muscles are sore and I rubbed my elbows raw, but I am very pleased with what I learned. The instructors were wonderful. Friendly but "business-like", just like it should be on a firing line.

I have gained a new appreciation for the people who said "enough" in 1775 and set this country on an amazing path. I am concerned with the "trajectory" of where we are headed, and imagine the Appleseed philosophy (and Rifleman responsibility) may be just what's needed to influence that trajectory and set this country on a better course.

My thanks to all of the instructors and administrators who made the event happen, and my thanks to each of the shooters that I got to know. Congratulations to those to achieved Rifleman status. I hope to join you at the next event.

Western Rose

What a shoot!

First off, I didn't get any pictures at all. :'( So, any of you who did get pictures..... post them please!!!

Shooters, you guys were awesome.

Cutter Clan, I'm sorry I wasn't able to work with you guys more than the short time I did.
Leo, Matt, and Andrew, it was really fun working with you three on Saturday. I hope to see you back soon. Leo, thanks for coming out on your birthday! Matt and Andrew, if I heard right, you guys brought Leo for his birthday. As one of our instructors put it, "Those are FRIENDS!"
Joni, YAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Good job on scoring your Rifleman score! Thanks for taking on the orange hat!
Liz, you were coming right along. You improved a great deal through out the weekend, and I really enjoyed working with you.
"Jr. Clan", you guys were great. It was really fun to watch you guys shoot safely and to watch your improvement. (Don't take my hat again! ;) I may have to leave the peppermints at home if you do! &))
Corey.......... ~~:) That says it all... ;D Naw, you were doing a great job. Keep it up. Practice, practice, practice.
Eric, you persisted all weekend like a true Rifleman. It was a pleasure to work with you when I was able to.
Amy, you were doing great! I was happy to see you again and I'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

All of you, I saw leaps and bounds in your improvement. I'm looking forward to see ya'll again. A lot of you were "knocking on the door" and you guys were shooting really well, in the heat no less.

Instructors...Wow... Just Wow.

Dad (Reformed Redneck), I enjoyed working under you. You did a great job.
MTprogrammer, thanks for coming down from MT to visit us. It was fun to work with you and it was good to get an out-of-state person's view on the way we do things.
David, thanks for coming from WA to work with us and thanks for bringing your wife. (I heard she stole your hat!?! Well, she earned it. I'll get whichever one of you needs the Orange hat, this weekend.) You've got a great commanding voice for calling the line.
Deu1118, thanks for being our "water guy" and making sure we stayed hydrated. It's always great to work with you and you always bring a bunch of energy on Sunday when we need it most. It was fun watching/listening to you working with the kids. Your really good at that.
"Jr." Instructors, (Roland, Evenstar, Still Learnin, GunslingerGirl) you guys did great. O0
Cedarpole and Mrs. Cedarpole, thanks for letting us stay at your place and letting us all crash there for dinner on Saturday. Cedarpole, thanks for making all of those graphics!
eert, thanks for coming out!
PoL, thanks for coming and bringing your kids. Your kids are great to work with and you are too. Thanks for taking on everything I threw at you.
Actineon, I didn't get to work with you.... But I am sure you did an awesome job. O0

All of you, thanks for signing my t-shirt. ^:)^
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

This was a great shoot! Congratulations to our new Riflemen Keith (O0 O0) and Joni!!! Thank you for taking up the orange hat, Joni. Nice shootin' as always, Potter Clan (and thanks for the cookies)!

Liz: You showed GREAT persistence when I was working on the lower line Saturday. I heard that you were doing very well on Sunday once you got the rifle sighted in. O0

Becky: 3 more points!!! You were SO incredibly close. I can't wait to see you being rewarded that patch. ^-^

James: Like your sister, you are right there. Come on back; you'll get the patch.

Jonathan: Thanks for giving me some competition throughout Sunday. I still won that peppermint drill. You beat me on the last AQT, but I still have the overall higher score. ;)

Tim: NICE 300 yard target!

Little ones ;): It's great to see all you youngsters on the line. Your help with clean-up was appreciated too. :cool2:

I had forgotten how FUN it was shooting at an Appleseed. I was able to be on the receiving end of the instruction on Sunday. (Rich, you did a great job as RHIC!) The KD part was good practice for me. I can now add 4 more Riflemen targets and 2 perfect red coat targets to my stash.

Thanks to MTprogammer for coming all the way from Montana to work the shoot with us. It was great to work with you.

Great shoot bossing job, RR. ;)

Roland, GunslingerGirl, you both were super good with the kids.

I didn't get even a quarter of the amount of pictures as I normally do, but I'll post them after I get back from bucking hay. (FRED! We saw your moose!! **))

I may have more to say later, when my brain is working. :)

'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Kaiser Leib

Much thanks to the ID crew for the warm welcome! I enjoyed seeing how you do things, and I'm bringing the COF explanations with me and spreading happy finger vaccine. Maybe I'll even learn to tell left from right. :P

Shooters, it was rewarding to watch your groups shrink throughout the day. It warms my heart to see so much rifleman's persistence out in the heat of a Sunday afternoon. I believe there were a lot of future riflemen out on the line this weekend!
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

hawkhavn

All.

Sounds like a great shoot!  I was thinking of you all weekend.

NO PICS....  :(

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Evenstar

Quote from: hawkhavn on July 12, 2010, 06:33:24 PM
All.

Sounds like a great shoot!  I was thinking of you all weekend.

NO PICS....  :(

HH

I got a few pictures, HH. I'll post them shortly. ;)

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Johnnyappleseed

Idaho , truly has men + (women) who know what they are about  ;)
See you on the trail
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SkyHawk

I too was thinking about you guys this weekend.  The reason being I almost went.  It seemed like a perfect Daddy/daughter (17 y.o) trip.  Unfortunately her boss said she would be fired if she took off so scratch that plan.  Couldn't think of a better first AS for her though, especially with the crew of young ladies out there in ID.....true role models!  Maybe next time.
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

Evenstar

Didn't get very many pictures, but here's what I have. :)

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11

Western Rose

Quote from: SkyHawk on July 12, 2010, 08:06:51 PM
I too was thinking about you guys this weekend.  The reason being I almost went.  It seemed like a perfect Daddy/daughter (17 y.o) trip.  Unfortunately her boss said she would be fired if she took off so scratch that plan.  Couldn't think of a better first AS for her though, especially with the crew of young ladies out there in ID.....true role models!  Maybe next time.

That would have been awesome! How does September sound? As in, first weekend, not second. Or October.  ???
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Earl

hmm, Evenstar, are you just a bit too happy getting to shoot at an Appleseed? But then doing Known Distance, Long Range, or Actual Distance is so much fun. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kaiser Leib

That is not "didn't get very many pictures." That is more pictures than I have taken in my whole life. Well done!  O0
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Joni

Thank you everyone for making it possible for me to get my rifleman patch and orange hat!! Extra special thanks to Loren for the extra tutoring, made such a difference, lots of "aha moments"!!

Here are some of our pictures.
Joni

Reformed Redneck

Friends,

Well, despite the unintended adversity, this was a good weekend.

What a pleasure to work with this group of instructors. I am grateful for the mix of talent that is represented in each of these folks.

And what a better way to spend the weekend in the sweltering heat than with an instructor corps like this, and a group of shooters who, for the most part, seemed highly motivated to learn the skills we teach as well as learning about the historical heritage many have never learned or maybe forgotten.

Congratulations to the new Rifleman, Keith, and new Riflewoman, Joni. We were rooting for you since the last shoot, and happy to see you succeed. There are a number of folks right behind you. Thanks for the commitment to become an IIT, Joni. Your helpfulness will be a great asset and welcome in our ranks.

Congratulations to Craig who, besides getting his umpteenth Rifleman score, had a truly beautiful group at 400 yards, and now has a new RWVA challenge coin to show for it.

Don't anyone forget the Seventh stepping that we talked about. Get the word out to those of your countrymen who are just waiting to be reinvigorated. Let them know that they are not alone, and that we have some particular things to offer them.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

TruTenacity

My hat on the RWVA rack at home sure was lonely this past weekend!

Looks like you all had a great time.  

Family: Thanks for sharing the stories around the dinner table.  Once livestock season is over we'll be together on the range again.  Can't wait!  This reminds me, I need to find a neighbor to take care of the pigs, steers, and laying hens the weekend of the IBC in Coeur d'Alene.

Instructor Team: Great work.

Ron: Thanks for the map props.  I hope to use them this weekend in Lewiston.

Joni: Woot!

Shooters: Glad you had a good time drinking from the fire hose.

TruT
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

NorthIdahoGal

The July 10-11 Appleseed in Coeur d'Alene was only the 2nd one I've gone to; but boy have I learned a lot!  Although I got close this time, I didn't score Rifleman on my AQT.  However I figured out what I need to work on between now and next Appleseed.  So in September I'll hopefully be joining my dad as a Rifleman!
   I want to thank all the instructors for working to make this shoot possible.  Also, thank you for helping me to get better.
   Hope to see y'all in September!  :)
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.  Luke 22:36

Roland

Hi all,

It was great being able to instruct for the first time, these are some comments/accolades I have about people I worked with:

Instructors in general: Great working with you all, hope to see y'all again soon!

Evenstar and Western rose: Thanks for helping me out with RSO and Line boss duty, and keeping me from messing up to badly!  :)

Cedarpole, PoL, Actineon, Still Learnin: Great job on the various parts of history you did! Cedarpole, excellent maps.

Theophilus: Good job for your (as well as mine!) first time as an IIT.

MTprogrammer: thanks for keeping us all motivated with lots of humor/sarcasm, and for spotting the reference in my forum handle.

Deu1118: Good working with you as RSOs, and for the Mac a cheese dance. (we need a Mac n cheese dance emoticon, don't we?)

The rest of the junior Instructors: Great working a shoot with you! 8)

Shooters:

Eric and James (not James Cutter, the other one): Thanks for serving our country, and I hope I was able to teach you something about marksmanship. It was an honor.

Bill: You are truly knocking on the door, man. One more shoot and you should be a rifleman.

Fairweathers: Good job to you both, and I hope you get your rifle back soon!

The Cutter Clan: I sure hope Becky and James can break past their barriers, all of you keep practicing and the closer you'll get.

Junior Appleseeders: All of you guys did fantastic, you got started way earlier then me!

To all those I said I would get target PDFs to: I promise I will get them out very soon.

All of you remember the 7th step, and keep shooting.

Dirk

The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

SavageShootr

Great pictures!!

Congratulations to the new Riflemen!!

Welcome aboard Joni. Thank You for taking the hat.  O0

Sounds like a great shoot up there. But then they always are. Great job Idaho crew!
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete