News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lancaster Ohio June 26&27

Started by Luna, June 28, 2010, 10:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

I want to thank the Patriots who mustered this past weekend in Lancaster Ohio.  It was an  honor to celebrate the heritage and exercise the liberties that so many Rifleman have sacrificed to defend.

Although we did not have a Rifleman score during the weekend the characteristics of the Rifleman were event across the entire firing line.  Persistence and tenacity were on display all weekend. Ninety degree temps with very high humidity did not deter this group.  Everyone returned Sunday and continue to push themselves through the AQT grind.  Excellent job.

Thank you Jeremy (IIT0) for showing off some of your period gear.  The musket, pistols, swords, clothing, including the crazy shoes, helped people relate better to the events and conditions that were present on April 19th, 1775.

Thank you all for the incredible effort in some very tough conditions. This was a group that I would be very proud to stand beside as we continue our mission to save the country.  I hope to see everyone at another AS event real soon.

Luna

Coaster

I've noticed my shooting scores always drop the hotter it is. I saw this one day and that all made sense:

QuoteA performance study by NASA using telegraph key operators showed that in temperatures of 80 F, the operator will make five errors an hour and 19 mistakes after 3 hours. At 90 F, the operators made nine mistakes per hour and 27 after 3 hours. At 95 F, the mistakes went to 60 in 1 hour and 138 in 3 hours. Although errors made by telegraph key operators may not be critical, this same hot environment will produce a proportional amount of errors regardless of the task.
Coaster

Luna

I would agree that there is a point of diminishing returns based on conditions but I will say there was some great improvement over the weekend.   Everyone pushed themselves hard and really absorbed the information well.  Groups sizes decreased dramatically.  Great job to the entire group.

Coaster

I just meant that some of those folks might show up to their next Appleseed and make rifleman on their first AQT under less physically stressful conditions.  O0 They have the skills now, once they are refreshed and give it another go they'll probably see their scores increase.

Great job everyone who toughed it out! You're probably closer to being a rifleman than you think  ..:..
Coaster

browncoat

It may take me a couple more to make Rifleman, but I'm sure there are a few from this shoot who will the next time out. I would like to write a summary, for anybody who may be thinking about attending. I was a bit apprehensive when first told about it, but after the safety briefing I felt completely at ease. Despite the weather, it was a very productive, instructional and a fun time with some not only great instructors but great people in general. I still can't believe how many rounds we went through, and the improvement in just two days that I saw. I am glad I attended and am looking forward to the next weekend that I can make it. Special recognition needs to go to recharge because he skipped lunch just to tear down my ar and help me figure out what was going on. I can't thank you enough.
"May have been the losing side, still not convinced it was the wrong one". - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Wildcat

Here's my abbreviated two cents....

Luna ran a very good, solid shoot - as usual  O0

Wy_Not and Recharge did an excellent job as instructors and I'd be proud to work with either of them anytime  O0

The class, as a whole, was one of the finest I've seen.  They took instruction very well, which showed by the shrinking group sizes, and had excellent attitudes despise the heat.  There were at least 5 of the 9 that I thought had a legimate chance at Rifleman when I saw their targets on day 1, but the heat and equipment issues took their toll.  Given the attitudes in the class, it wouldn't surprise me if 9 of the 9 ended up being Riflemen soon.

Most important, we had a safe weekend, I think everyone enjoyed it, and we have some more motivated individuals joining us in bailing  O0

Thanks for a great weekend to Luna, my fellow instructors, the students, those who have gone before, and the good Lord for making it possible!
Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He sent His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jm 1:19 ...beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.