News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spearfish, SD June 26-27

Started by Earl, June 26, 2010, 08:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Ride a motorcycle from Washington to Scenic South Dakota on Fred! ;D in your dreams, but you can come and help sometimes. ^:)^

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/06/sometimes-you-have-to-dazzle-them.html O0

Don't you know I am having too much fun for all they pay me. Should have some great pictures, I think I am ready to teach IMC and some Strikes. :cool2:

This is an unofficial start of the AAR, the Shoot Boss will fix it.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

First day drives on, the rains hold off, the firehose of information is turned on.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Whisker

Westside SD looking good!  Spread the word, Aberdeen July 17-18.  Sioux Falls July 24-25!   
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

TheCount

Wow!   What a great weekend in the Black Hills.

Despite the small turnout we had an impressive percentage of folks qualify as rifleman and accept orange hats.

Thirteen shooters on Saturday, including three children and three ladies.   Five folks returned for a beautiful day of shooting on Sunday.

Out of the thirteen we had four shoot expert scores qualifying them as rifleman.  

• Rich shot a 224, quite respectible as this was his first Appleseed and the first AQT on Saturday.   Well done!
  • Derka (Derrek) qualified with a 221
  • Shannon persevered, finally achieving a respectable 221 with her AR-15
  • And finally Herk (Shaun) managed a 219 using a scoped 10-22, after having struggled through a variety of different iron sighted rifles.   Get those eyes checked man!

Perhaps the most impressive feat was seven year old Ethan consistently shooting in the mid 100's.   I believe he managed a high score of 169.   Very, very well done!    You could see that he was putting things together and is on his way to becoming one heck of a rifleman.

I am also quite proud to report that we have three new members of the Instructor Corps!   Derka, ToolDieGuy, and Shannon all accepted Orange Hats.    Herk said he wanted to sleep on it, but I'm willing to bet that he will also take the next step.   Glad to have you guys and gal on board!

Many thanks to hookijac for hosting and getting the range set up.   None of this would have been possible without you.   Stay positive, folks in the Hills are starting to come around... build it and they will come!

Beulah, thanks again for helping run the line and instruct.   Now get those PCs done so we can get you promoted.

I'd also like to thank Boston T. Party for stopping by on Saturday.   I know that was a real treat for some of our participants.   As the high score of the day, Rich was presented with your generously donated copy of the Gun Bible.

... and now for some pictures from Sunday...

Very proud to present the coveted Yotnottin Purple Rifleman Patch to Shannon

Shannon accepts and Orange Hat

as does ToolDieGuy.  Welcome!

... and Derka!   Wow, I'm outta hats!

Last, but not least.  Herk finally gets that patch  Way to persevere!

TheCount

Oh, and I very special thank you to Earl for helping out on Saturday.    Great job!   Thanks for all the great instruction and really enjoyed your rousing presentation of the Second and Third Strikes.

Hopefully I'll make it out to the great Northwest sooner than later.

Safe journeys!

AFTERMATH

Wow that's nearly 25% Orange hats!  Congratulations to all the Riflemen and women!
And thank you for stepping up for the sake of Liberty!  Posterity shall be most grateful.
I'm glad to see SD is growing.

Keep it up guys and gals!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

B-Line

I am so bummed I was not able to attend. It looks like it was a Great Weekend.
Herk, you should have used your pistol!!!!
Gongrats to all that attended, and I am looking forward to working with all of our new IIT's.

B-LINE

Derka

Thanks B-Line. It will be good to be more involved.
"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those who did not."
-Benjamin Franklin