News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA June 26-27, 2010

Started by EZ3, June 28, 2010, 12:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Two sweltering, mostly sunny days gave our Appleseeders a chance to tan while they learned the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and American heritage.  We had a brief shower Sunday afternoon (rain seems to be a requirement for a western PA Appleseed) which was welcome for the cooling effect.

The course of instruction from a combined WV/OH/PA crew included Marksmanship instruction from Spanner

and a Heritage presentation by Fuzzymath

as well as plenty of firing line coaching from MsMtnEagle, Redman, and Gumby.  Persistent practice in the heat and humidity produced three new Riflemen, Jason, Sean, and Alex.

Thanks to the Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club for letting us use their rifle range, and for making lunch available.  Thanks to the students who persisted through the heat and humidity in their quest for training in rifle marksmanship and American heritage.  And special thanks to the instructors and IITs who came in from out-of-state to make this Appleseed possible.  Thank God for "border raiders"!    O0

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

MsMtnEagle

Wow!  Great Photos EZ3!  Thanks for posting those!  It was a VERY  hot and humid weekend, but a good time was had by all!  The Beaver Falls Range is a fantastic location for an Appleseed event!  I hope to attend many more at this club.   O0  Many thanks to all those who arrived ready to learn, and those who arrived ready to instruct!  It would be a pleasure to work with all of the great folks again, so I hope our paths cross again soon! 
:)
Pam
MsMtnEagle
"I never said it would be easy, I said it would be worth it"
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"  
"What would you choose to do today if you KNEW that you would succeed?"

EZ3

By the way, there was some unclaimed equipment at the end of the day Sunday.  If you think you left anything behind besides brass, PM me and we can discuss ransom terms.   :cool2:

MeanStreaker

You didn't see me...... but I snuck in and left behind an all USGI M14 and about 1200 rounds of South African surplus ball.

@)
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

EZ3

Oh, was that yours?  I already sold it and took Ev out to dinner with the proceeds...in Honolulu.     ;D

GRAPHIC

Hey all, just registered on the site, you may know me as Sean the new Rifleman (hat and sunglasses in the pic above). Just wanted to say I had a great time, the range was awesome, wish I lived closer.

Schedule permitting, I'm planning to come back for the shoot in the fall, maybe try a different rifle.

Thanks again to Pam especially for "adopting" me and helping me shoot a good score.

EZ3

Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to seeing you in September.  In the meantime, there are plenty of other venues for trying out that other rifle.  No need to wait until fall.   ;)

JTacp

Hello all and many thanks to the instructors for accomendating an old fat handicapped guy. Geeez i almost thought i joined the Marine Corps. But the 2 blistering days in the sun where great. I'm coming back in the fall, but around here that's no guarantee for mild weather. Not being able to get into position I shot better than expected. This time was experimental, next time I'll have some practice under my rather large belt. And for more than anything else thanks for making me feel proud to be an American Patriot once again. This is a great program and with all the heat we in the shooting sports are taking nowadays This gives me hope. God Bless the Program, God Bless the instructors and God Bless America, let's not loose it!
With deep and sincere appreciation, JT.
Watch your thoughts they become words.
Watch your words they become actions.
Watch your actions they become habits.
Watch your habits they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

redman1

Quote from: GRAPHIC on July 01, 2010, 10:53:04 PM
Hey all, just registered on the site, you may know me as Sean the new Rifleman (hat and sunglasses in the pic above). Just wanted to say I had a great time, the range was awesome, wish I lived closer.

Schedule permitting, I'm planning to come back for the shoot in the fall, maybe try a different rifle.

Thanks again to Pam especially for "adopting" me and helping me shoot a good score.

spread the word ,appleseed wont survive if we dont spread the word about the program

red
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill.To subdue the enemy without  fighting is the highest skill..
-SUN-TZU

The less effort,the faster and more powerful you will be..
-Bruce Lee