News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Input requested ASAP

Started by AFTERMATH, June 23, 2010, 10:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Hello All!

Corey has said that it would be okay to put a sign up at Hinckley on a semi-permanent basis.
Said we could put it right out front; so people could see it as they pass by.
I've got the number for the sign-guy he uses, don't know exactly what options are avaibable/affordable yet.
I figured I'd come up with something first.  It would be nice to have the dates up there.  That'll save me time putting up signs for when the range will be closed.  Attatched is what I've come up with.

Let me know if there's an thoughts, suggestions, modifications and/or errors.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

vmt193

You'll have to talk to the printer. I don't know how they do it, but if they charge by the word or the letter, you've got way too much stuff on there.

mike

sparks1

Ditto what vmt said. Looks like the info is great, but could be spendy.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Fred

I suggest you set up a "permanent" sign with space to post dates as they change.

Would make more sense to get added value for our dollar.

You might PM atticus to ask what he can do for you. If the sign is too big to ship, you'll need to stay 'local'...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

javaguy

The sign company should be able to give guidelines for a good readable design  (font size, number of words, etc).  Let me know their pricing estimates - my company can perhaps help sponsor.  Ideally, we could place a small information box nearby with flyers containing more detail too.

sparks1

I really like the idea of an info box with flyers. Easier to update with current infoemation.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

voortrekker

AFTERMATH,

The pdf version looks really good.

I'd recommend, however;  omit the "Low Cost Rifleman Clinic" part IMHO.   Omit the whole statement or change it, maybe to "Rifleman Clinic" or change it to something else.

Any indication of "low cost" will to many, be perceived as a subpar product or service.

We RWVA Instructors are the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet, bar none.

Yes, our fees are VERY low cost compared to the instruction shooters receive, for a good reason that we, as Instructors, understand. 

IMHO, we don't need to state point blank, in words, that our clinic is low cost.   The fees are indicated in $ numbers will have already told folks that information.  It is relative to the individual that reads the sign whether it is low cost or not.

I am providing this information as a small business owner who sends 3,000 mailers to my local community to build business monthly.  I have learned there is definitely something to be said in advertising in what the public percieves, both consciously and sub-consciously.

Much of marketing points to the social sciences, an understanding of present human nature in the society in which we live.

I do not have a marketing degree, but I can say with absolute certainty, marketing works if you know how to use it.

Lastly, that is a really good looking sign.   O0

Brett out.

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

three

Love the idea of having a permanent sign at Hinkley!  That rocks they are being so supportive.  However, I think there is far too much information on the sign pdf.  I have made signs in the past, and less is more!  Maybe just the Appleseed logo, a sentence about being an all-welcome rifleman clinic, and the dates.  Then have the web address at the bottom.  Also, the idea for the flyer box is a great one!  Catch the public's eye with a simple sign, and have the details in the flyers. 
That's just my opinion, for what it's worth!
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

AFTERMATH

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten this.
However, Corey at the range informed me that he's workin' on getting a sign for us. :cool2:
I should think that may be sufficient. ..:..

Stay tuned...
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]