News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, ID 6/12-6/13

Started by tdow, June 14, 2010, 01:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdow

We were filled nearly to capacity (27/28) at the Lewis and Clark Wildlife Club Range.  27 shooters and 8 instructors were gathered to celebrate our heritage and return our county to a nation of Riflemen.

The shooters showed determination and persistence, traits of Riflemen.  Two of them earned the patch.  Congratulations Joe and Brent  O0 O0 O0
To the rest of you, I'll say again what I told you at the end of the day: I saw significant improvement.  There were moments where you had it.  A little more practice, and the same determination and willingness to learn that you showed today will get you to your goal.

Thanks to the instructors.  OLD GEEZER, you are solid and dependable- always getting things done before anyone else realizes that you are doing it.  Reformed Redneck, TruTenacity, Western Rose, Evenstar, and Still Learnin, you are not only a model for what Appleseed should be (a self contained band of instructors), but people of the highest caliber and character.  I could not have asked for a better team on my first run as shoot boss.

Hope to see y'all on the trail soon.

Earl

You don't disappoint, thanks for stepping up, tdow. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

tdow

Quote from: Earl on June 14, 2010, 01:14:24 AM
You don't disappoint, thanks for stepping up, tdow. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Thanks Earl.  I never realized that you only make it look easy.  But you have a tremendous amount of life experience  :)

akjaeger

My son Joe and I had a great time and learned a lot.
The instructors did a great job of setting up a simple repeatable routine that established a safe environment to learn marksmanship skills. Presenting the course material in a understandable form and then coaching the individual shooters during the drills. The extra coaching on the transition phases from standing to prone and standing to sitting were very helpful.
I've been shooting almost forty years, this was my third appleseed and I still learned a lot of new stuff. For example, tdow showed us a variation of the sitting position that works great for us older guys. I also had a chance to refine my sight picture for better consistency, my sling setup for prone and get lots of trigger time. Somebody said we fired 513 rounds over the course of the weekend!
My thanks to the instructor staff!
I'll try to bring some more shooters next time....
Brent

Evenstar

Ok, my AAR....

This has to have been one of the very best shoots I've ever been to. Everyone was very teachable, the instruction went smoothly, and the history was outstanding. Best history I've ever heard. O0 O0 O0 Todd, you were a GREAT shoot boss! Nice work.
Congrats to our two new Riflemen: Joe O. and Brent. Well done! ^:)^ Nice 243 score, Brent.
We had at least 4 or 5 shooters who were incredibly close to earning their patches. I urge you to dry-practice at home and come back again!
A big thank you to all the juniors who showed up this weekend. It's always a pleasure to work with people my age.
It was awesome to have the line filled more than halfway with center-fire rifles!

Laren: Thank you for leading us all in the Doxology on Sunday morning. O0 ..:.. That was great! You were so close to getting that patch. Hope to see you again on the line!

Sharon: You were VERY close as well. Your positions are virtually flawless. You show the persistence of a true rifleman. Come back again and get that patch! O0

Christian: With some practice at home, you'll make it. It was great to score your targets and see your progress throughout the day. How were those mints? **) ;) Hope to see you back next month.

Elijah: Work on your trigger control. That's really the only thing I noticed; your positions were great. (Yes, I'm sure.) @)

Luke: Get that elbow under the rifle and don't forget your chicken wing. Like your brother, you had good, solid positions. When you guys come back, see if you can get some slings. ^-^

Rayphe: You were another of the close ones. Your scores rapidly improved, and you were getting the hang of that tube-fed. O0

Instructors: It was great working with all of you!!! OLD GEEZER, it was great to meet you. Thanks for visiting Idaho!

Shooters: Come on back, and bring friends! Thanks for attending! If you signed up on the forum and are reading this, feel free to post your thoughts about the shoot.

Now for some pictures.... ;) :D
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

JaBeR

I had a Great Time at the shoot! It was my second one and my aim really improved thanks to the military sling that I used. The Instructors did a great job coaching and I want to thank you for that!!

Ham Radio

Are you sure?!?!? LOL!! I will make sure to work on my finger control then. I heard that you guys sell slings on your website so we will probably get those.

I thought that the shoot went very well. The instructors made sure that everybody was safe, and helped us improve our shooting!! Thanks to all the instructors!  O0 ;)

Elijah

TruTenacity

What great weather for an almost sold out shoot.

Shooters, you were very attentive and tried hard to put into practice what we were teaching.  You were also great listeners during history telling.

Sharon, it was great having you on the line again.  You're almost there. 

Young men, I can't tell you enough what a pleasant group you all were.  It has been a long long time since I've heard "Yes, ma'am."  "No, ma'am."  "After you, ma'am."  "I'll try, ma'am."   You guys made my day.

Joe O. and Brent, congratulations on shooting Rifleman.

Tru T
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9