News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Slippery Rock, PA (Tim Murphy Memorial DAR) June 5-6, 2010

Started by EZ3, June 05, 2010, 10:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

The day began with sunshine, birds chirping, and nine shooters eager to get started.  A beautiful day for an Appleseed.

During the lunch break we welcomed a new IIT to the Pennsylvania Appleseed contingent.  Welcome aboard, Matt!

After lunch, it was back to work building marksmanship skills under the watchful eyes of a combined WV and PA instructor staff.
We all know that an important characteristic of Riflemen is that they are persistent.  All of the shooters stuck it out through the afternoon as it rained, and rained, and rained.

There was a big improvement on the second Redcoat target, even under soggy conditions.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Cowdog

Thanks for coming and thanks for posting the pics EZ!

This was the third AS at the Tim Murphy Range. So far we have baked, frozen and now drowned the instructors and  participants! Wonder what July will bring  :-\

I am continually impressed by the persistance of those Americans who get off the couch to learn and teach heritage and marksmanship. Whether they make their 210 or not, they show the interior resiliance of our liberty loving  ancestors. 
My avatar is the Flag of John Proctor's Westmoreland County Provincials, from 1775

EZ3

Quote from: Cowdog on June 07, 2010, 02:54:29 PM
This was the third AS at the Tim Murphy Range. So far we have baked, frozen and now drowned the instructors and  participants! Wonder what July will bring  :-\

I vote for baking, Cowdog!  Thanks to Spanner, Chrome, and Mountaineer for coming up from WV.  And Matt (Gumby?) for taking up the Orange Hat to help us out in western PA.    O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy