News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Kingman, AZ May 29-30 2010 V2 Pictures

Started by Xeyed, June 03, 2010, 12:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeyed

Here are some pictures from the Kingman event.

These are supplementary to the original AAR, which seems to be having some technical difficulties.

The pictures tell the story of a group of Americans who came together to spend a weekend, learning about Rifle Marksmanship and their heritage as Americans.

Under sunny skies punctuated by desert  "breezes" every one engaged in this learning and growth process.

Sunday afternoon was the inaugural Arizona Known Distance training. After a concise explanation of the fundamentals by AZredhawk44, class was adjourned to the 1000 yard range to practice new skills. The experience was a confirmation that what was taught at the 25m range, translates to the 1000 yard range. And yes the 400 yard target looks that small 400 yards away.

Thanks to all the participants, the instructors AZredhawk44, AZopie,  and SavageShooter a glorious weekend was spent honoring those whose sacrificed for our liberties and developing the skills of a Rifleman

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

AZOpie

Very well said! Thanks for coming out Xeyed - it was my pleasure to work with you! To all the shooters - thanks for coming out and I hope to encounter you all at an Appleseed in the near future!

TrebleShooter

Hey, that almost looks just like Boulder City!   :D

Old Glory!

Thanks for the glimpse into Kingman, AZ and the fine Americans who spent the weekend honoring our Heritage.   1000 yards. :o   8)
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Xeyed

OG,

You are welcome. It's along way from the rivers, forests and green rolling hills of Wisconsin. And places with strange names like Baraboo, Lodi and Shiocton. Been to all those and more.

It's small world.

It's a good thing that Appleseed is in both places.

By the way, aside from the old west feel at the Kingman range, it was directly off a preserved section of historical Route 66. There was something right about teaching American Heritage and Rifle marksmanship just off the Mother Road of America.

If you ever plan to motor west,
Travel my way, take the highway that is best.
Get your kicks on route sixty-six.

It winds from chicago to la,
More than two thousand miles all the way.

Now you go through saint looey
Joplin, Missouri,
And Oklahoma city is mighty pretty.
You see Amarillo,
Gallup, New Mexico,
Flagstaff, Arizona.
Don't forget Winona,
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino.

Won't you get hip to this timely tip:
When you make that California trip

Solo

Won't you get hip to this timely tip:
When you make that California trip

And there are Appleseeds all along the way.

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Old Glory!

What a GREAT and BEAUTIFUL country we live in.  Coast to coast and everything in between.  Worth preserving, eh?!   :)

A person can travel almost anywhere and make Appleseed a part of the trip. :cool2:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=107205457411595070370.0004670c19bef130c16b7&z=4

What was the weather like in Kingman?  What did you learn?  Chime in students.  We'd like to hear what kind of experience this was for you. ..:..

OG in WI
p.s.  SS, excellent way to demonstrate the 30 degree angle to the target line by angling the body off the mat.  I'll have to add that to my prone demo. O0
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion