News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN 22-23 May 2010 (Ladies Only)

Started by Mogget, May 21, 2010, 12:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mogget

Housework, Schmousework...

Stay tuned!

Mogs

Mogget

OK.  Day One is complete...

First up, pictures of some great Americans.  Then, the Appleseed Laundry Line...

Mother and daughter combo:

Good friends:

Jo!

Mogget

So.  We're NOT doing our housework this weekend.  Nope.  But we decided to take care of the laundry the Appleseed way...

So here is the Appleseed Laundry Line:

And this is the way we do laundry at Appleseed:

Trisha

What an awesome first day! Everyone came out wanting and willing to listen. All shooters improved a lot and I can't wait for tomorrow...well except for the nasty ticks! I believe there were 17 ticks on us by the end of the day.

hawkhavn

Those shirts are absolutely brilliant!

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

LadyVetch

What a great day!    

The Range was BEAUTIFUL!  Surrounded by trees with a nice shelter area.  Thank you to the Hinckley Conservation Club for hosting this All-Women's Appleseed.  

Renee
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

dond

You can get some orange plastic tick pickers at a pet store. They work great.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Evenstar

Way to go guys! Those shirts are the COOLEST! :D :---
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Bill of Rights

I saw this thread last night and for whatever reason, didn't comment at the time.

My comment? Abso-freaking-lutely brilliant. Someone's a marketing genius.

Love it.

Blessings,
Bill
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

LaughingShooter

Note to self:  never be lazy on a ladies only shoot weekend.  Ugh - bummed I missed out on the fantabulous t-shirts!  I did shoot a bit on thursday so ready to kick some redcoat tail next time around!   :~

AFTERMATH

Quote from: LaughingShooter on May 24, 2010, 06:55:54 PM
Note to self:  never be lazy on a ladies only shoot weekend.  Ugh - bummed I missed out on the fantabulous t-shirts!  I did shoot a bit on thursday so ready to kick some redcoat tail next time around!   :~

I don't mean to say I told you so. But..... ::)
Guess you're gonna set up the next All-Women's shoot, right?
Awesome!  Thanks! O0

After setting up, Saturday morning, I knew the ladies of Minnesota would be in for a treat.
It was with great pains that I peeled myself away.  Much harder than I anticipated.  :'(
Not that I felt they would be lacking my services, or that they needed anything else. 
And before someone makes a remark, NO, it wasn't that either!
I've never left an Appleseed of any kind, early.  Let alone an Appleseed so close to home.
But, alas, I was banned!  The shoot was in good hands anyway! Did the rain hold off?

Those T-Shirts look to be an excellent idea!  Hmmm....  I wonder what a TV target would look like on there....
Leave it to the ladies, they'll come up with something great!  (Then we change it a little, and claim it as our own! >:D)
Heck, that's better than posting targets arround town!

Well, I'll guess I should sit back and wait for the rest of the story!

All the juicy detals please.....

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

BrassBucket

I was only able to make it for Sunday so I didn't know what to expect from the women -- AMAZING! Don't think I've ever seen a group of shooters so intent on finding their NPOA's before firing the first shot during slow fire! Every single shooter was open to instruction and there were some AWESOME groups!

Thank you to the Instructors for guiding these lovely ladies in the fine art of shooting.

Nothing is more beautiful than Dangerous Women!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

sparks1

Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

russellmn

So... any new riflewomen to add to the list????   

Looks like everyone had a great time!!! 
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Johnnyappleseed

What D-Fly said  ;D
Nice going ladies   O0
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge