News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock, WA May 15 & 16 AAR

Started by Earl, May 15, 2010, 09:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Great day for shooting!

No rain, hail, sleet nor snow, RL won't be able to talk about this Appleseed.
I get to be a Red Hat and bow to the Shoot Boss :bow: Thank you very much.

During the working lunch the three strikes were told, and sliced water melon passed out. Thanks, Fred! :cool2:
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

It is possible this looked just like all our Castle Rock Appleseeds, so I could have used file photos -- but these shooters are doing just fine. :)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

Yes, there are rewards for doing a great job, Heaven knows Fred is going to double our pay but he can't match this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_33Pp4V7I

Dave dances with his Mosin? Rock and Roll... maybe

TruTenacity

Lookin' good.  Wish we could have made it over to help.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Earl

Day two, and we few are having a ball! Really great group to work with, they pay attention and adapt.

Earl

Dangerous Old Men stories were well received, it does help when a old man tells them... ha, ha, ha ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjzncI3ni8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsY5OxeyxfY

Earl

Everyone should get such rewards, continue on the Appleseed Trail.

06en

Another great Appleseed. After much improvement due to the help of the instructors. I have discovered that there is still more to learn and things to work on. Thanks RL, Earl, Old Geezer(sp) and Ducko. See ya'll again in July  O0.

Wade

Well it looks like I missed another good one .

Thank you to all the Instuctors and IIT's that showed up and stepped up when I could not make it there ,,,sorry about the grass being so tall  lawn mower took a dump friday and did not get fixed in time  :o , But hey if that was the only hitch,,,,, dang I am really going to have to get after that ground's keeper where the heck was he any ways ???

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

type3malfunction

Wade - thanks for providing us such a great place to shoot
RL/Earl/IITs - thanks for all your hard work.
My son sure is thrilled with his new rifleman patch.

Evenstar

Looks like it was a great shoot! Thanks for all the pictures, Earl. Woulda made it over to help if I could. :-[
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

Nice thing about Wade's DAR is location, location, location. Except for the many times of truly bad weather I can drive home to a solid rest before the next day and drive back full of coffee and good humor. The good humor comes from working with good people and helping them become better shots and remembering our heritage. This Appleseed looked a little daunting, but Fred wouldn't allow us to tremble in the face of thirty or more shooters and so few instructors, and RL has a real positive attitude and that is contagious. And, without humility, I was one of the instructors so it had to be good didn't it?

Seriously, the shooters were great, listening and testing and trying and performing, always trying to do their best on each shot. We had several family groups, all generations (one of the reasons Appleseed work is families and sharing the experience with others not exactly like oneself).

RL was the shoot boss, and he had the POI, but he actually ran the Appleseed kind of like Captain Parker, asking advice and opinion, and group think ---  which was interesting to me when I caught the connection. He has all the numbers, but I do know that we covered all the instruction, and the shooters got the real Appleseed and the need to continue to talk about what they got from the weekend, to practice and to return again. As we said good-byes one gentleman told me that he had been here before and didn't remember me well -- I will get working on expanding my presence to all the shooters. Maybe talk louder and more? Nah.

Along that generational thing, the young people really working hard on learning this skill, soaking up the History and heritage, as their several generations older folks amble down to the target line also working hard on learning the skill and enjoying the heritage and the Dangerous Old Men stories. This country will do great things when we get the bilge bailed , QUICKLY, QUICKLY, QUICKLY!!! 8)

Wade

Quote from: mark on May 17, 2010, 04:07:45 AM
Wade - thanks for providing us such a great place to shoot
RL/Earl/IITs - thanks for all your hard work.
My son sure is thrilled with his new rifleman patch.

Thank you for coming to the shoot  O0 If ya all don't show up then the building of the DAR would be for nott.

Congradulation to your son  O0.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Scramblin

Huge thanks to RL/Earl/Duko and Old Geezer!  Glad you all took the time to share your skills and knowledge with all of us. 

I bought the Marlin 60 I was shooting the week before the event (had only ever put a few rounds down a long rifle before showing up - Boy Scout camp 25 years ago).  With no experience, the wrong kind of sling, and factory iron sights, you got me all the way up to a AQT 182.  THANK YOU.

When I come back in July, I'll have Tech Sights and a few more new shooters for you to work with.  Save a Rifleman patch for me. 

BIG thanks to Wade for building the range AND allowing us to camp!!!!  Soooo nice to roll out of the sack and enjoy some fantastic camp coffee (Nick brought some absolutely awesome Guatemalan that he had roasted himself - and was willing to share) before walking down to the range to set up for the day. 
Killed my cable.  Found Appleseed.  Nuff said.

RL

Thanks again to all the Shooters and Instructors for coming out. Great weekend, both the quality and quantity of Shooters was excellent, the conditions were excellent, this kind of Appleseed is hard to beat.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

DaveW

Quote from: Earl on May 16, 2010, 12:18:08 AM
Yes, there are rewards for doing a great job, Heaven knows Fred is going to double our pay but he can't match this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_33Pp4V7I

Dave dances with his Mosin? Rock and Roll... maybe

Well, after watching Earl's video clip, I can see why I've got SPAM for shoulder meat..  Seriously though, thank you to R.L., Earl, Wade and the IITs for putting on this event, I learned a heck of a lot and have much more to learn and put into practice.  I was moved, not only by the butt of my Mosin, but by the amazing stories of courage and sacrifice from our Founders. Hoozah!!
Meanwhile, lots of living room floor time practicing NPOA and dry-firing at the evening news..

Looking forward to July 31st!

-Dave
"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." ~Thomas Jefferson

Ducko

What a great weekend! Perfect weather for an Appleseed! My first AS as an IIT, alot of fun, shoot went very smoothly, ( I thought) great job to RL, Earl and Old Geezer!
Shooters were quick learners, stage 3 AQT on Sunday, standing to prone, shooters were down and in position and first shot off in 8 seconds! WOW what a beautiful sight!  There is just something about the sound of 30 mags beings slamed home all at the same time!
I noticed our friend the bald eagle was once again there on Saturday morning to circle overhead and welcome everyone to the DAR, thanks Wade for supplying such a great range!
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson