News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Introductions

Started by definder, July 23, 2009, 12:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

Welcome to the family of Liberty Loving Floridians.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

kylemason

WooHoo!

Gainesville this weekend! My third Appleseed and so excited to shoot centerfire this weekend...

See you in the field!

B.C.

Excellent! Center fire recoil therapy is always an enjoyable way to spend a weekend. Welcome back kylemason. I'm looking forward to seeing you in Gainesville this Saturday and Sunday. I'm pleased you'll be back for a 3rd time, prepare for glory sir!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

MickM

Did my first Appleseed this weekend and loved every minute! I'm glad I read "Paul Rever's Ride" before the event and want to start more reading about the war. Great bunch of people. I live in Homosassa so the range is only three miles from me and being retired I get there about every day. I didn't earn my patch (not even close) but I'll be back in October. My seventy year old body really feels it today and have no elbow skin left.

stoneknives

Welcome to the Liberty Loving Appleseed family. Glad you enjoyed the shoot.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

nate

Hello all, I attended Palm Bay the weekend of the 17th and had a great time. Thanks to all for sharing a fine couple of days.

Merry Christmas!
-Nate

MK

Happy New Year! Looking forward to attend my first Appleseed! Have found the Appleseed foldable flyer on the forum and will print it out on nice paper a couple hundred times and carry it out to mail boxes in my neighborhood and beyond so that I spread the word. There are so many who are like minded but have not yet heard about Appleseed... Time to spread the word! Running your printer and a couple hundred pages of paper are cheap enough, and a neighborhood walk is healthy too! Why don't you consider this as well? The lame stream media brain washes non stop and most realize it, but have not yet noticed that the silent majority exists.

Minutemom

Hi MK!  So great that you're getting out there and talking to people!  I hope you enjoy your first Appleseed, and that it leads to many more  ;)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

MK

Quote from: Minutemom on January 06, 2017, 09:59:03 PM
Hi MK!  So great that you're getting out there and talking to people!  I hope you enjoy your first Appleseed, and that it leads to many more  ;)

Thank you Minutemom!

I'm sure looking forward to it! Read on the forum that some go multiple times, even if qualified, I like that idea! I look forward to getting to know the appleseeders and hope to learn how I could best volunteer.

For others who are also looking into more literature: please consider "Imprimis" from Hillsdale College. It's free. I however order 500 copies at a time and spread them out over my neighborhood like a mailman, it gets a counternarrative out there. There are countless of the silent majority who just haven't found us yet!

Greetings!

Phredex

Hi, I am new and live in Venice.

Minutemom

Quote from: MK on January 07, 2017, 01:06:54 AMRead on the forum that some go multiple times, even if qualified, I like that idea! I look forward to getting to know the appleseeders and hope to learn how I could best volunteer.

Yes, sir (ma'am?)!  I qualified at my second Appleseed and came back for 3 more.  I think you'll find that Appleseeders are some of the best people on the planet  :)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Morgan Rifleman

First Time Caller Here...I am currently attending the Florida Boot Camp and WOW!!!!  What a great group of instructors and fellow students!  I can't say enough about the instructors, both the men and especially the women.  They are sharing the marksmanship skills as well as blowing us all away with the passion they possess when discussing the events surrounding April 1775.

TheMenace

Welcome! Yes, indeed, the RBC is out standing in many ways.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Rev.357

Morgan Rifleman: Appleseed is cool. Welcome aboard. What is your favorite piece of Appleseed history so far?
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

petertschantz

wrong forum.
"Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands."" - Col. Jeff Cooper

"Nothing is more precious than freedom and independence." - Harold G. Moore

SuperDaveAPK

Just joined up. Looking to purchase a rifle and attend my first event in the fall in Brooksville.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: SuperDaveAPK on March 21, 2017, 10:39:36 AM
Just joined up. Looking to purchase a rifle and attend my first event in the fall in Brooksville.

Welcome!
Feel free to spend some time perusing the forum; there's lots of good stuff in here.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

stoneknives

Quote from: SuperDaveAPK on March 21, 2017, 10:39:36 AM

Welcome to the Forum. If you need any questions answered contact me.

LibertyunderLaw

Just finished my second weekend of Appleseed in Hernando last month. I was privileged to attend with my son, FlaANG - major FA. Finally qualified! Now I am hooked. I'm totally committed to becoming a rifleman. I'm building a Ruger 10-22 tack driver for my third try in June. I'll be training this month as suggested. You guys are the best. You keep that amazing spirit and dedication alive that birthed this noble experiment in a government founded on the principle of personal liberty and limited government.

stoneknives

Welcome
The Hernando Patriot Weekend  Appleseed was truly a great one.
Most glad your here with us.

Henry

:F

JoelS

I just shot my second Appleseed this last weekend at ERGC north of Pensacola, it was my second Appleseed and my second Rifleman score, accepting my orange hat.  All the instructors told me I had to join the forum haha.  I really enjoy shooting and I really enjoy everything Appleseed teaches.  I really don't know how much I will be able to do with regards to helping out though, I have a busy schedule at times, but I'd really like to help out when I can.  For the ones who were there, I'm the guy with the "baby poop" camo 10/22.  One thing I'm sure of is that I'd really like to attend a KD, but I'm really not sure if I'll be able to make it to one.

9mm4545

Welcome JoelS! Having been involved with Appleseed since 2010, I can tell you that the program can change your life. In my case the change has been an entirely positive one. Congratulations on shooting a Rifleman score and taking an Orange hat. You will not believe the sense of accomplishment you will feel when you teach someone else what you know. In doing so, you will become a better shooter, a happy side-effect to be sure. I can highly recommend attending one of our KD weekends or, better yet, the Rifleman Boot Camp in Jan-Feb. next year. It does demand a degree of commitment but the rewards are immense. Welcome aboard!

stoneknives

Quote from: JoelS on December 06, 2017, 04:18:55 PM
I just shot my second Appleseed this last weekend at ERGC north of Pensacola, it was my second Appleseed and my second Rifleman score, accepting my orange hat.  All the instructors told me I had to join the forum haha.  I really enjoy shooting and I really enjoy everything Appleseed teaches.  I really don't know how much I will be able to do with regards to helping out though, I have a busy schedule at times, but I'd really like to help out when I can.  For the ones who were there, I'm the guy with the "baby poop" camo 10/22.  One thing I'm sure of is that I'd really like to attend a KD, but I'm really not sure if I'll be able to make it to one.
:F

Welcome to the Appleseed Instructor Corps, we are glad to have you with us.

In the Instructors Info section you will find a section marked TIPS. This location has the area for signing up to help at the shoots and the most current instruction information.

All of at Appleseed know well it a balancing operation to work     (shoots = vs = family, home, work)    the sacrifice for myself has been well worth the effort.  So any time you can spare helps the students and your fellow Instructors in the Mission.

Liberty
Henry

TomM1Thumb

Hi, I am not sure if You are still, doing appleseed or not. but to help You out with your Elbows for under $20.00 at wall mart You can get soft elbow pads by Mueller. they are very flexible, and will fix just about any adult.

Please Enjoy Appleseed.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Mamma Bear

When I first started with Appleseed I was operating out of California way back in 2012; then in 2014 life happened and I had to take a lengthy break from pretty much everything while my family moved around this great country (California to Kansas to South Carolina on the boarder of Georgia, to South Carolina interior to Florida). Finally in December 2015 we landed in Florida and now in January of 2018 I am finally back to where I feel at home shooting and storytelling with Appleseed.

This little rebel rouser is happy to have found a home in the fine state of Florida and looks forward to many more shoots with the Port Malabar Rifle Range. As my little miniature rebel rousers grow into their rifles they will be joining us too; and my husband also looks forward to coming out to more seeds (his job will just dictate which states he participates in).
Mamma Bear

Guntuckian

Mamma Bear,

Was a pleasure to finally run across you on the Appleseed Trail!  I meant to say hello personally Saturday, but ended up scoring AQTs on Saturday when I dropped by after working the NRA Pistol Class on Saturday, and then HeidiHeidi was already into the benediction.  Thanks, too, for often sharing our FB posts on your FB pages from www.facebook.com/KentuckyRifleman ;  it is greatly appreciated. 

Several of us locally, myself included, also often do Libertyseed presentations for homeschool groups, church groups, etc. We would be glad to help in any way we can!

In Liberty,

Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Mamma Bear

Thanks always happy to help spread the word; as you know I do what I can. Life took me "officially" out of the homeschool loop but I still support homeschoolers any way I can; few ideas are batting around my head tonight regarding Liberty Seeds and Brevard County as I attempt to write lesson plans tonight for tomorrow. Hopefully over Spring Break (my next real work break) I can put some pen to paper and get something moving in charter school system out here in regards to a libery seed; almost had one last school year; but things happened. I am hoping maybe next school year my admins will be open to a liberty seed; as it is this year they let me bring a candidate for St. Gov. on to campus to discus the importance of a government that is controlled by the citizens and why the voting populace needs to stay away from career politicians.
Mamma Bear

TheMenace

Mamma Bear,
You have a great spirit and your story telling talents paired with your determination to succeed as a Riflewoman will take you far on the Appleseed Trail Welcome aboard! I hope you will be able to sign up to assist at our next event Jan 21-22.
Dennis
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Mamma Bear

Will look at my calendar tonight; might not be able to assist the whole weekend; but at least for some parts of it.

Also already planted an appleseed in the minds of my co-workers at work; need to start talking you or Malabar about putting together a Libertyseed focusing on the oral history and story telling of Revolution. Either Constitution day in September 2018 or the anniversary of the start of the revolution on April 19, 2019. Would like to get something put together before June to present to my administration. Sadly I know at this time we would not be able to do the marksman side of it; however we should be able to bring in some red coat targets and the shingle and maybe some rubber bands.

Just something I want to get going in the area.
Mamma Bear

Willociraptor

Howdy all!

I attended my first Appleseed this past weekend (Jan 20-21) at PMRPC in Palm Bay. Had a great time! Grew up in a "guns kill people" kind of family, but have been a shooter since about 2008. Learned a LOT of history I didn't know, and also learned a number of marksmanship things as well. Had the pleasure of meeting B.C., TheMenace, Siggie, Jayhawk, HeidiHeidi, HeidiRose, and many others whose names I don't remember right now. Happy to report that I shot Rifleman five times! Thanks to all who helped!
Happy to be here, and looking forward to attending more events, and hopefully becoming instructor and helping to pass these things on to others.
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem