News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Beaver Falls, PA the Weekend After (April 24-25, 2010)

Started by EZ3, April 24, 2010, 10:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Saturday at Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club, on the Pat Pindilli Memorial Rifle Range

started out windy and drizzly

so we shot from under cover.

Then the wind REALLY picked up

and blew the clouds away.

By the end of the day we discovered two among us who know well what they are about!

And hopefully, more will be discovered tomorrow.

;D
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

EZ3

On Sunday, the audience for Spanner's heritage presentation included state Senator Vogel, who watched the shooters perfect their shooting skills for most of the morning.  The weather alternated from dreary to sunny to stormy and back to sunny.  Many rounds downrange, including some Known Distance.  The day produced two more Rifleman scores...identical scores with nearly identical M44US rifles from the CMP.  Bolt gunners rule!    ^:)^

speedypedro

Lee and Spanner (I hope I got the names correct - lol), thanks for your time teaching us marksmanship plus the history of this great country.

Lee, I also noticed that your wife was teaching NRA basic pistol which is quite amazing. Although it is an 1.25 hour drive for me I think my wife might feel more comfortable with basic pistol training from another female.

I experienced a great time this past weekend and although this was my second Appleseed I learned even more.

EZ3

QuoteLee, I also noticed that your wife was teaching NRA basic pistol which is quite amazing. Although it is an 1.25 hour drive for me I think my wife might feel more comfortable with basic pistol training from another female.

If you think that's amazing, you ought to see her shoot.  Which is why I try really hard not to tick her off!    @)

You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it.  Coming back in June?

Spanner

Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club is a real nice place.  EZ3, thanks for all the work you've done.  Is it true that you personally baked the doughnuts?   :D

I have to hand it to all the shooters.  The weather was messy at times.  Everyone returned Sunday, and stuck it out until late afternoon after the worst of the storm had passed.  O0

Trevor and Isaac were our Saturday riflemen (pictures above).  Ari and Steve both scored 218 on Sunday.  Charlie (hey buddy!) broke 200 multiple times Sunday.  Everyone else was not far behind.

This was a very safe and very attentive group of riflemen and Riflemen.  I got the biggest kick being with this group.  8)  I just wish I could have gotten around for a little more one-on-one.

Hope to see you all again soon!

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel

scott4751

Just curious - What was the most commonly used rifle/caliber at this past event?  My son and I are registered for the September Appleseed Event and can't wait.

Spanner

Quote from: scott4751 on June 14, 2010, 06:15:14 AM
Just curious - What was the most commonly used rifle/caliber at this past event?  My son and I are registered for the September Appleseed Event and can't wait.

My best recollection is that a little over half of the shooters brought both a 22LR and a centerfire, and attended both Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday about 3/4 of the shooters used 22LR (both semi and bolt) and beginning Sunday morning shooters started swapping in their centerfire rifles.  By the time we made the Known Distance (up to 200 yd) available not-too-long after Lunch on Sunday, about half of the shooters were shooting at 200 yd with centerfire, and the other half continued at 25m (both 22LR and centerfire.  I'd say about half of the shooters used iron (aperture) sights, and about half used something with glass in it.

A G.I. sling is highly recommended.  Plenty of water to drink.  A reliable rifle and ammunition.  Hope to see you there!

psssst... there is also going to be an Appleseed at Beaver Falls, PA June 26-27...    :---

" Decision-making is the supreme manifestation of human dignity. "  -Jouvenel