News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

State Coordinator's Job

Started by Determined451, April 23, 2010, 02:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Determined451

Guys, I need your help.  This job is beginning to snowball.   That is what it is supposed to do.. We are on the verge of an Appleseed explosion within the State.. The shoot at Coast is sold out, and Turcotte is going smooth..I am talking with several clubs that are very close to coming on line...This work is not easy..There are misconceptions about us that are mostly due to poor contacts in the past..People mean well, but you have to "Sing with one voice". It is very important to know what we are talking about, Who we are really talking too, and what obstacles are in our way to build new clubs all over the State..  There are 35 known shooting facilities in the State..A/s should be a fit for about half of them.  I have committed a great deal of time, and energy to reach  this goal. To make things happen. I will take allot of work off your shoulders to free you up to become the best Instructors in the Nation.  To do this, I must ask that you guys  let me do the duties assigned to me by the Powers that Be..That way, we have no repeating of tasks, no misinformation, and utilize our limited resources to the best of our ability.  

The duties of the State Coordinator, as listed in the State Coordinators guide are the  following :

"We are not the doers of all--We are the Overseers of all"

I report to the National Team on a regular basis, and feed them information about what is happening in our State.

I am the main point of contact within the State on a regular basis.  Refer any information to me on any new prospects, members, ect., and I will follow up asap.  I will handle this, and it frees you up to concentrate on you assigned duties of becoming better instructors.

I expand Internet activity.If you have a board you want to work..let me know

We will build a State Team.  Try to have our Instate staff of Instructors handle our needs. Then find out of State help as needed.

I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR SHOOT SCHEDULING AND SET UP.  That is not as rigid as it seems.. As we grow, we will have to coordinate dates all over the State. Then we have to be sure they are staffed properly, then they have to be advertised properly.  Most of the time this has to be done 60 days in advance.  If you want a shoot..ask.  It will be done as long as there are no conflicts on dates.

I also work to expand shoots at existing locations.

I find, and bring on new locations.

I will work State Promotions.

I will also help to solve problems as they arise.  If I do not know the answer, I will find out, and see the problem is resolved.

I will also try to go to as many shoots as I can, plus fill in as Instructor as needed.

I can't do any of this without your help. Please follow these guidelines, and call me with any questions you may have..

There is no "I" in the word "TEAM"..together, we can make our State one of the best..D-451

The Second Ammendment--America's Original Homeland Security