News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, MN April 17-18, 2010 - AAR

Started by vmt193, April 19, 2010, 11:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

I'm home a little under the weather today but I'll get this started and add some more details later.

It was a perfect Appleseed weekend at the Southern Minnesota Sportsman's Club! Saturday started off with 43 shooters on the line ranging from 6 yrs old to a good sized element of "Alarm Listers".

It was good to see the center fires back on the line. A couple Garands, an M1 Carbine, several M1As, and numerous ARs. The first "Redcoat" target of the day came out in pretty good shape but by the time afternoon rolled around, the patriot spirit bagan to show and that final "Redcoat" of the day was one hurting unit! Well done Shooters!

Saturday gave us 2 new Riflemen. Ryan, representing the MN Nation Guard, opted for a dunking in some Lonsdale, MN - North Bridge river water by firing a 210 from his AR. The Dean came right back by booming out a 225 on his M1A.

Greg got things started off early on Sunday with a 240 fired from his AR, followed by Laura (aka Goofy) with a 217, and Dave finishing the day with a 227.

The weather was nice, the range is fantastic, and the job Brad76 did on the history just keeps getting better everytime I hear it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Effective range (Redcoat) improvement:

Sat. AM:   100yd-30%        200yd-18%     300yd-14%     400yd-7%

Sat. PM:   100yd-71%        200yd-34%     300yd-22%     400yd-10%

Sun. PM:   100yd-100%    200yd-58%     300yd-33%     400yd-25%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with all of you!!!

Thank you.

Mike

Brad76

This was a great Appleseed.  I had never worked a shoot this big before, so I learned a lot.

We had a great group of shooters, all of whom were receptive to what we had to say.  It was a pleasure watching the High Power shooters go after the AQT's.  You guys can shoot!

I look forward to instructing at another shoot in Rochester.  The club was great and the people were wonderful.

Thanks for a great weekend!

Brad

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

FivePoint56

We where busy enough that I never even thought about taking some pics.  I would of love to have gotten a shot of the 44 rifles on the line on Saturday.  It was a fun weekend and very rewarding seeing people improve their shooting by instructing them in the AS way.    Nothing like the boom of 15 - 20 centerfires going off at the same time.  My hats off to the new Rochester Riflemen and Riflewomen.

AFTERMATH

FivePoint56

Why in fact I did,  it is bright orange. 

Blackdog

Quote from: AFTERMATH on April 21, 2010, 12:04:37 AM
Any pics?

Got a few.

My hat's off to the "hats" who gave their time and effort to make the first Rochester Appleseed a huge success. This was my first (of many  :) ), and I learned alot. The history was eye-opening, educational and entertaining. Great job Brad! You really did bring the Patriots alive.

I witnessed some friends (and new friends) improve their marksmanship and ignite a 'fire in the belly' to take the new skills forward.

vmt193

Added effective range data to original post.