News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID 4/17-18 AAR

Started by hawkhavn, April 19, 2010, 03:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Just got in.

Great weekend more detail shortly.
7 Riflemen, some new some repeats.
60 folks on the line Saturday with a cool rainy morning, 41 back on Sunday with a gloriously beautiful Sunday.
3 new IITs to support the burgeoning program in Eastern Washington and Western Idaho.

Chime in!

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Reformed Redneck

Friends,

Ditto to what Hawkhavn said. Great weather, a good intructors team, new riflemen, new IIT's, a great host facility. What's to complain about? I'm wondering if it can get better than this.

We had a good percentage of shooters make (or repeat) their Rifleman patches. Nearly everyone made significant progress in their shooting, some despite their selection of pretty unusual rifles.

I am especially pleased that Appleseed is really expanding a local support base and is becomming more popular as time goes on. We're already looking forward to the next shoot up there in May. If you are planning to register for the next one, I would strongly suggest that you do so as soon as your circumstance allows.

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Western Rose

Shooters! It was great having you on the line.

Patrick, from the Yakima shoot, it was great to see you again. I'll see you in May.
Patrick, from the CdA range, I can't wait to work a shoot with you. Congratulations on the Rifleman and thank you for stepping up as an IIT. O0
Patrick, my brother, good job working the line!
(I just had to put all three Patricks right after each other! :D)

The Junior shooters were a pleasure to work with. I'll expect to see them all on the line again soon.

Loren, "Brown Hat" until you tell me what your forum name is (^-^), thanks for helping me out on the line yesterday. It was great working with you. Your going to be a great Instructor! I'll see you at another shoot soon. 8) Thanks for bring your folks. Sorry I couldn't work with them more.
Ron, thanks for putting us up this weekend! Congratulations on the orange hat! ..:..
Sam, congratulations on shooting your Rifleman score!
Potter clan, you guys did great.

That just lists a FEW of the great people I was privileged to work with this weekend. Thank you all for coming.

Pictures to follow! Once I figure out how to make the "web compatible".... $$-0
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Evenstar

I really enjoyed this shoot. It was my first as an IIT, plus my first April 19th shoot. The shooters were great, the instructors were awesome, the Shoot Boss was amazing. Thanks tdow for the help in getting me started on my Line Boss duties. I was still at it on Sunday since they liked my voice so much.  ;D
Congratulations to the new (and repeated) Riflemen. Also, a big thanks to the three new orange hats for stepping up. Welcome aboard!!!  O0

Here's some pictures from our great weekend!

Note: The pictures of the Potter Clan are repeats. They've all gotten their Rifleman scores before.
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Earl

That last picture of Evenstar's with the young ones and their Red Hat, that is a great indication of good things happening. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Western Rose

Quote from: Earl on April 19, 2010, 11:34:41 PM
That last picture of Evenstar's with the young ones and their Red Hat, that is a great indication of good things happening. O0

And that wasn't even all of the young ones that were shooting at this shoot this past weekend! There were around 6 or 7 juniors in the Potter clan... Just so you know, David did have his patch. He had just set it down so you can't tell in the picture.

There is nothing like having a bunch of 7-12 year olds come running up to you after a shoot to give you a "thank you" hug.

More pictures.

Sadly I wasn't able to get any of just Hayden (a junior shooter) or just Emily (a junior shooter).

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TruTenacity

What a weekend to remember!

The Junior shooters were great.  Their energy and enthusiasm was contagious.  Instructing an older gentleman was enjoyable.  He was a fine example of never being too old to learn something new.  I had fun telling some young men they had no excuse for not being able to get their knee up . . . if I can do it they sure better be able to.  The women shooters were awesome giving it all they had and then some.

Watching the shooters work through the mental and physical gymnastics it takes to apply the instruction they heard and demonstrations they saw was amazing.  A lot of the shooters smiles got bigger and bigger as they looked at their targets and observed their groups getting smaller, their NPOA shifts working, and their scores improving.

Shooters, excellent job!  Keep up the good work and we’ll see you on the trail again some day.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

TruTenacity

A few more pictures from this past weekend.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

GunslingerGirl

It was a great shoot! I loved helping all the shooters, and I saw a ton of improvement. Good job shooters and instructors!  ^:)^

Becky

Cedarpole

This was my third shoot, and I can't say enough good things about Appleseed Shoots.  They've never been a disappointment.  And I'd like to thank all the instructors for volunteering their time and energies!  They're one great bunch of folks!  I'd also like to thank our Shoot Boss, Hawkhavn, for bravely agreeing to have dinner with total strangers.  Thanks Ed.  We enjoyed your company!  You're always welcome at our "campfire." 

Ishy

Quote from: Earl on April 19, 2010, 11:34:41 PM

Definitely!   ;)
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Scott

To Larry and family, and all the other instructors....thank you for your time and effort.  It was another great Appleseed.  Though the in-laws did not make it back on Sunday, they are looking forward to the next CDA Appleseed.  Thanks again, hope to see you in September.

Scott & Heather

patronus of licentia

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great shoot. It was the first one as an IIT, I learned a lot working the backside of the line. It was just as challenging and rewarding as being a shooter. I hope to see everyone back at future shoots and loved that three new people stepped up to help.

Mike
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he then be trusted with the government of others?"
Thomas Jefferson

Fred

It's great seeing so many turn out for what is an excellent location!

Seeing the images of Western Rose with a Red Hat, when my first encounter with her was a mere three years ago, on this same range, as a newbie shooter - and now she's a regular RWVA rifle marksmanship instructor? Right there, where it all began for her? O0 O0

(Of course, I may have helped her along this path, when I put her in charge of "the AZ boys" who seemed to need some additional inspiration.... :) )

And seeing her pop, Reformed Redneck, in a Red Hat? Last time I saw him on this range, three years ago, it was "trigger finger issues" - funny, how you can remember the small stuff!

And sister Evenstar was not even on the radar, much less mom and Patrick.

What a crew!

And what a crew all those orange hats are. Hope you warned them - the new "orange hats" - about the power of those hats.

They can really suffuse a room with a warm orange glow all night... ;D

And hope some of those other 57, the ones who didn't "take up the hat", are thinking about the history and heritage they heard this weekend. It's worth thinking about!

Congrats to all! And let's keep the momentum going at CdA!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

West

I second that - Congrats to all!  Hawk always runs a tight ship, from what I've seen, and it's good to hear everyone had a great time.

It's tough to follow such a good act as Fred, but I just wanted to say that it seems you have an admirable lot.

Congratulations again!

West  :))