News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Payson, AZ April 17-18 2010 AAR

Started by AZRedhawk44, April 19, 2010, 02:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZRedhawk44

The weather was amazing for this weekend in honor of the men of New England that started the Revolution.

Saturday gave us sunshine and little to no wind.  20 attendees from various walks of life including the USAF, retirees, youths and others.  New shooters and experienced ones.  New Appleseeders and repeat Appleseeders.

I'll get my notes in better order over the next day or two and post some statistics, but great improvement was made as evidenced by the Redcoat target results.

We did one AQT on Saturday and another 4 AQT's on Sunday for a total of 5.  The scores climbed appreciably as we tested ourselves against it.

Todd produced a score of 221 and was our Rifleman for the weekend.

There were three other people within about 5 points, +/-, of 200, by the end of the weekend.  Alas, it was not to be for this weekend, but the next time they will find their rhythm!

We were visited on Sunday by a prominent local re-enactor who performed General Washington for us most admirably.  I have video of his speech and as soon as I review it and determine it is acceptable, I will upload it and make it available.  Pictures also to come.

TRSC has been a great sponsoring club and it is always a pleasure to head up to Payson.  My thanks to all of you that showed up this last weekend.  It was a pleasure to help you all strive for increased marksmanship and increased awareness of our debt to the founders of this nation.

Until next Appleseed!

AZRedhawk44

AZRedhawk44

Started cleaning my rifles this afternoon after work.

I noticed that my Marlin 795 with Williams FP-TK rear sight had one of its screws come loose.

AZTara, despite this, was able to score a 150 on the AQT.  I wish she noticed this on the line so we could have tightened it up.  That must have cost her at least 6 MOA or more in accuracy... it was awfully sloppy with how loose it was.  We'll hit the range some time soon and see how she does again with it properly tightened.  Still, a good learning experience for her and something for her to catch in the future.

AZOpie

Seems to be a bit of that going around. I found the front sight on my sons rifle was loose as well. Since I just put new sights on all my trainers, I am guessing that my LocTite has gone bad. Time to go to the hardware store to get a fresh tube and resolve this issue.

As always seems to be the case, the people I am working to teach, are my best teacher! Thanks to all the shooters that came out to participate for the weekend!