News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piru, CA AAR Patriots in abundance

Started by SavageShootr, April 19, 2010, 02:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SavageShootr

What a fabulous weekend this was. We had 29 shooters on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Thank You to all who came out to this event. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones.

The weather was perfect on Saturday, a bit warmer on Sunday. One rifleman on Saturday, two new Riflemen Sunday and two who had previously earned the patch requalified. A father and son team, Jim with a 221 and Alexander with a 226, who had come out Sunday only, both scored RM again. The RM on Saturday Shawn, scored 210. The first Rifleman of the day on Sunday was Shawn's son Justin. The last Rifleman of the weekend, David, came out for the day Sunday and scored a 210 followed by a 214. Congratulations to all of you!

It was an honor to promote Sespe to Instructor! Congratulations!!!

Thank You to all of the Instructors who came out and made this a fabulous shoot. Francis Marion, F-Stop, V, Sespe and Jason. You all make things go so smoothly, I appreciate all of your efforts.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

sespe

364 days ago SavageShootr handed me my rifleman's patch.  Today she handed me my red hat.  It's enough to make a grown man sniffle a bit. 
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

Old Glory!

Congratulations all.  Will be watching for some pictures and some more stories from the weekend.   :cool2:
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Dano

Great Job Sespe! Looking forward to more shoots with you in  the future. Sounds like everyone did well.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'- Ronald Reagan

LayloPro

I would say so myself!! Congrats, Sespe!!  O0 :bow: O0
You've done well, and you'll find that the new hat not only begs for sunshine (on the range, behind the line), but will add 6" of height to it's wearer...... **) **) **) **) ..:..

Well done, all, you guys were rocking in the canyon!!

LLP

BTW, anybody shooting a camera out there?? ::) @)
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Grandson of Liberty

Congrats, Sespe! (if we had one, this is where the tip of the hat smiley would go.)  :)
"Who hasn't done 'Number 2' on Bob yet?"- Jr. Birdman, Piru IBC, Three-Oh-Nine

sespe

Even better than the red hat was the REAL reward I received:  When one of our new Riflemen (Justin) was asked, "What got you over the hump?", he replied, "I listened to Sespe".  That was the real reward.  What I did has made a difference.  Now to keep doing it...
I appeal to you again to constantly bear in mind that with you, and not with politicians, not with Presidents, not with office-seekers, but with you, is the question, "Shall the Union and shall the liberties of this country be preserved to the latest generation?"  -Abraham Lincoln

Cal 7.62

Congratulations on the new hat O0 Look forward to working with you again. Speaking of that "real reward", feels great, don't it? 
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Camljr

Quote from: sespe on April 19, 2010, 02:43:34 AM
364 days ago SavageShootr handed me my rifleman's patch.  Today she handed me my red hat.  It's enough to make a grown man sniffle a bit. 

Sespe... no time for sniffles, we have a country to save!!!

Congrats on your new red hat.  You were overdue, my friend. I look forward to working with you again.

Maybe Piru next month???  ~~:)

Now to work it into your "rifleman costume" I am sure you will come up with something... O0

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Francis Marion

The desert after rain breaks forth with life and abundance. 
Appleseed sure poured some rain into our state these past years. 
Thank you all for tending and watering. 
For choosing to maintain what is valuable.

Marpat Pippi

Congrats Sespe!

Re: Jim and Alexander, they came to Piru in March too. It is great to see a father and son spending time together at the range on a regular basis! Alexander is quite the Rifleman...In March, when Jim took a breather, Alexander shot both AQTs at once (his and his dad's), he scored above 210 on his and a 165 on his dad's!

socalserf

Congratulations to Sespe and all the new Riflemen!
"we cannot improve what we do not measure."

Double D

"We are dedicated to this cause, but those that came before us were committed to the cause of liberty. We seem to be nearly unbelievable in today's world, but we hardly measure up to men like Issac Davis."  BaldDragn

bob 210

Congratulations Sespe! Thanks for all your hard work and persistence!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

sespe

Enough about me, we made riflemen that day, too!  Who's got the pictures?

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

LayloPro

ASM, you get your IIT PC's in, you'll be there in rank as well.....

Nobody has you in irons........yet...... &)

..:.. ;D **) ^:)^ **) ;D ..:..

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

V

OK,

I dumped my photos here

Sat morning instruction and admin, the rifles are the volley at 1:00 with Sespe calling the names, then the riflemen and Sespe getting their patches and hat in front of the banner.

Cheers
V

V

We handed out the playing cards to people during the Sat morning brief, then before the volley we had everyone read out their card to everyone else. This was a crowd of repeat Appleseeders with a few new faces. As the reading proceeded it became very profound and the mood changed. Many people came up to me and the other instructors and said that those readings moved them.

After the volley and the lunch time history people proceeded to the AQT with a very different attitude. We shot two AQT's on Sat the last the Red One.

Before the final Red Coat we told the story of Jacqui Wells and let her story make the point that one person DOES make a difference, then we shot the red coat for her and the fallen.

Sunday we reviewed and then ground AQT's.

A great group of people. Thank you all for turning out for Liberty and Freedom in this great land.

A privilege, honor, and pleasure to instruct rifle marksmanship and share the heritage.

V

SavageShootr

I finally unloaded my car and have the numbers for the Redcoat.

Saturday AM       Saturday PM                        Saturday AM              Sunday PM
                    -------------------------------                     ----------------------------------
400                      1                       1                                        2                            3
300                      1                       6                                        3                            3
200                      4                       4                                        2                            4
100                      9                       3                                        4                            1
HS                       3                       4                                        1                            5
Cleaned                0                       0                                        1                            0

The Nationwide Volley was so cool again. Sespe used the microphone and after the first couple of ragtag volleys, the shooters got with it and it was phenomenal to be a part of. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to be in prone, shooting too.

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

sespe

I never get choked up. Never.  I'm a big, tough fireman.  I eat smoke for breakfast.  But when all the shooters started reading their cards, it got to me.  And when people, who clearly HATE speaking up, jumped UP to be the next one to read their card...wow.  Us instructors, we're expected to speak in public.  But you shooters, you didn't know that was part of the program.  And yet, within a few minutes, you couldn't wait to read your cards. 

And then, to top it off, Savage let ME call the line for the volley.  I've done Honor Guard for some pretty big events.  I prize this among the very top. 

sespe

jacques

Sounds like a good shoot there. I have seen David at previous AS's. Congrats Sespe. You are a good man and it will be great working more Appleseeds with you. And I love your new avatar.  O0
Two Words-Meriams Corner

Freeman

Freeman
n.
1. A person not in slavery or serfdom.
2. One who possesses the rights or privileges of a citizen.

"Liberty is not a means to a political end. It is itself the highest political end." – Lord Acton

Appleseed: The only program endorsed by the Founding Fathers and GSG9.