News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Durand, IL April 17 & 18, 2010

Started by Ashes, April 18, 2010, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashes

Picture Story Time!

The beginning of a new day overlooking the shooting line.

A new day dawns on a new Appleseed Project celebrating April 19. 1775.

Our intrepid Shoot Boss, AhhShoot contemplating the new students to be turned into Riflemen!

We had 15 shooters, one of whom was a walk on.

Rifles of all variations were to be seen, with potential Riflemen wielding each!

Instuctions were given and eagerly consumed by the viewers. SQUEEEEEEZE the trigger!

Results were plain to see in the Star Shoot.

History was given to a somber and serious audience.

And a Rifleman is born. Firm of purpose and sharp of skill.

Garand69

Excellent Pics Ashes!! and of course thanks again for your help. We had a great team out at Durand that was able to make it happen!! O0

But I have one slight issue with one of the captions....

"Our intrepid Shoot Boss, AhhShoot contemplating the new students to be turned into Riflemen"

Ohhh Come On Now Ashes!!! He was comtemplating the most effective method of choking me to death AFTER the target line was up, without anyone noticing!!!! ..:..

Ahhshoot most certainly proved his hat is the proper color this weekend! Thanks for sticking to the plan Ahhshoot O0

Excellent shoot folks. We had our challenges to overcome, some caused by me, and others by issues out of our immediate control, but all in all Ahhshoot ran a great shoot that not only got the lead down range, created a Rifleman, improved the skills of all attendees, and woke up the inner American of the vast majority of attendees.

Several knocking on that Rifleman door and all were willing to learn more at the next shoot.

I can't wait to see you all then!!

I'll post some pics in a day or two.... Though they may not compare to that shot of the pond at daybreak Ashes! O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Glory!

Intrepid; I like that!  Great job of adapting and overcoming - it's what Riflemen do.
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

SavageShootr

Beautiful pictures. Great job Ahhshoot! Congratulations to the new Rifleman!

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

SkyHawk

Great pics Ashes!  And it was a pleasure working with the instructor corps and those that came to further their shooting skills and enjoy the Appleseed experience.  The improvement in all the shooters was extremely high, of course that's what Appleseeds have a reputation for, but this group particularly so.  One rifleman, but several more knocking at the door.

Ahsshoot is a pro and kept everyone on their toes and moving fast.  I can't remember a Sunday before with that much lead down range.  But there were some very serious shooters that are very serious about becoming rifleman.  We hope to see them all on the trail soon!  Keep up that dry fire!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

EEL

Nice pics Ashes  O0  Sounds like Ahhshoot improvised, adapted and overcame.  Not to worry, Pappy and I are plotting a fitting retaliatory strike for you against the wayward SC  ;D

Congrats to all that stuck it out, forged on, and persevered.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

dragonfly

Looks like a great shoot. One of my favorite place to camp and Appleseed.

D-fly  Keeping the faith O0
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

ahhshoot

Thank you shooters, for coming out and Honoring the men and women who gave us the country we have today.
15 shooters saturday.
13 shooters sunday.
Instructors were, Skyhawk, Ashes, Garand69, and Ahhshoot.

Gorgeous weather both days. (Lil windy saturday)
Congrats to Nik for scoring Rifleman!! O0 :~
About 4 more Knocking on the door. Persevere.
All day today I thought about the Men who died 235 years ago. I think you all made them proud this weekend.

The past is only the future with the lights on.

Ashes

A lot of people had fun at this Appleseed. Even Kenny who was struggling with his SCAR all weekend scored a perfect Redcoat target at the end of the day on Sunday.  Talk about a spirit lifting experience! ^:)^

Garand69

Thought you folks would enjoy this... It was posted on the Illinois Carry Forum by Boog (http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19945&st=120&gopid=211722& ) , who happened to be at the Durand Shoot..................

Report from Durand Appleseed for Saturday
My shoulders hurt
My chest muscles hurt
My Butt cheeks hurt
My back hurts
My Right jaw hurts
My neck hurts
My legs hurt
My face is windburn
& my fingers hurt. Did I leave anything out??
Why would anyone want to put theirself through this??
I am leaving in about an hour.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK OUT THERE.
boog

**)

Boogs son also hit Rifleman that weekend. Congrats to both of you O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz