News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fort Wayne, IN - April 17/18

Started by Bill 3, April 18, 2010, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill 3

O0 O0 O0

Great first time event at the Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Club.  Six new Riflemen and a potential IIT.  Will come back with details in the morning.

Thank you to every one for making it a meaningful and productive event.

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Bill 3

Good students, facility and instructors = Great event!

Saturday presented some challenges in keeping the target line in one piece due to a strong and varying wind but the shooters persevered and were up beat the whole day.  We had and number of returning shooters chasing that coveted 210+.  New faces on the line and a couple juniors as well.  Everyone kept it safe and improved their skills.  Fifteen shooters on Saturday with one AQT towards the end of the day following an inspiring volley remembering the ultimate sacrifice that people made in the founding of this country.  Congratulations to Kurt for earning the first Rifleman patch of 6 for the weekend with an exact 210.  The traditional water treatment ensued.  Kurt's son David was there as well, the youngest we had this weekend and will be well on his way to joining his father's accomplishment.  It was a honor and a pleasure to have him on the line.

Sunday we got to move the target line from the gravel floor of the pistol bays to the plush green of the rifle range.  Being that we took extra effort to reinforce the target line against the wind, of course it turned out to be a beautiful and much less windy day.  Sunday produced 5 more Rifleman scores.  Congratulations to Mark(216), Joe(223), Nik(228), Matt(226) and Logan(222).  Thank you to Gary for the rifle demonstration and inspiring comments.  His Daughter Cindy is a repeat and has a solid drive to improve and although she didn't get there, I have no doubt it will be soon.  

After lunch on Sunday and some sighters for those switching to centerfire, we split up with some staying on the 25 meter line for AQT's and a fun shoot thrown in.  The other 7 moved over to the 300yd line to validate their skills and learn more on trajectory and come ups for their varying rifles.  Shooters took turns on the line and working the pits for 2 relays.  They used a slow fire string(high power style) to fine tune their sights and then proceeded to fire a rapid fire string.  Cadence works as groups improved... less fuss...  The rifles on the known distance line included 2 Garands, 1 SKS, and a few AR's.  The other junior we had on the line, Jacob, enjoyed time on the KD range using Dean's service rifle.  Learning how to adjust the sights and operate the rifle like a pro....

After our foray to the 300, all regrouped to get another AQT in and then the final Redcoat of the day.  Again, thank you to the students for having a open mind towards learning and I look forward to seeing all of you on the line again.

I need to make special recognition to my instructors for the weekend,  you made my job easy and did a great job working with the shooters and making sure that the event was both fun and safe.  I need to single out J Jessup for some very well given history on Saturday.

I look forward to seeing others comments on the weekend.

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

J Jessup

Special kudos to all who persevered in in the wind and the gravel.  Great event, with new Riflemen and I'm always pleased to meet the great folks who come to our Heritage events.  Here are some pictures:

mtforge

I had a great time and the instructors did a fantastic job. This was my son-in-law Logan's second Appleseed and he got his rifleman patch.^:)^

J Jessup

Congratulations to all our new Riflemen!   O0   :bow:

Jess

resdep

Another great AS! Thanks to Dean and the Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver Club for allowing AS to come and enjoy their great range. All the shooters I got to asist were top notch. I saw no saftey issues at all on Saturday. .5 did an outstanding job helping the young man with his tube fed rifle.
Bill3 and Billy are great to work with and I look forward to the next time.
Although the wind was trying at times, we perservered and overcame.

On a down note, I'm not sure it was the fish that kept me away on Sunday it sure tasted good on Saturday. What ever it was that hit me, I was down all day Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you in Auburn on June 5 & 6.

resdep
Greg

Sentinel

I had a great time learning and improving and ultimately hitting Rifleman on Sunday.  Also thanks to Bill 3 for letting me use his M1 on the 300 yd line.  It was fun if a little intimidating :)