News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, Indiana Apr 17/18

Started by DaveD, April 18, 2010, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Another great shoot..   ^:)^      Just back home after camping at range and will get more info up tomorrow.

Let the comments begin!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Deuce

Yes, Dave is correct, a GREAT shoot indeed!!!  Eight 8) Riflemen!!!  Wow!!!!

Thanks so much to Don, Sue, Bill and of course our Shoot Boss, Dave!

The line was 3 short of full...a lot of smiles happening on sunday!

I was proud to meet some new folks in my life...you on the east end of the line know who you are.

A special thanks out to Don for helping my daughter!  She went from newbie awful to 160's in two days thanks to such tireless training...now I will have to move her forward at home in the back yard.   :)

I'll be seeing you Gentlemen and Gentlewomen on the trail again soon I suspect.

joe

DaveD

A beautiful weekend to honor our Founders.

At range Friday afternoon with my youngest daughter to set up the target line, then  back in the evening to set up my camp site.

Saturday started at 7:30 AM for instructor briefing ..... with an early shooter ready to check in.  A beautiful day, sunny and in the mid 60's, light breeze

Due to range restrictions we can't send rounds down range until 10AM.  So with check-in from 8:30 to 9 out of the way, introductions, an excellent first strike (presented by Bill) to frame the weekend, shooters equipment to line, Safety briefing, and rifles to the line ... with 18 shooters on the line we sent first rounds down range to the Red Coat just after 10.

From Red Coat to squares on prone steady hold factors, Six steps to firing the shot, NPOA and IMC, stopping at 12 for an excellent lunch provided by Boy Scout Troop 93 of Cloverdale.  After lunch and 2nd Strike, back on the range the Color Guard of the Indiana Society of the Sons of The American Revolution presented the flags of the revolution and  their history.  Discussed the Revolutionary War clothing they were wearing and then ran though a musket drill and firing demonstration.

Back on line with double Redcoats and squares still wringing out equipment problems. A team Star shoot follows as we practice what has been learned, then squares, introducing standing / sitting positions.   Then............ the time to honor those who fell THAT day is upon us.

A Proclamation is read, the tone is set    A name rings out..... AIM....FIRE!   and our 18 gun salute merges with Appleseeders across the nation in Remembering .... and .....Honoring

Back to the squares and we wrap it up at 5PM, with a group of tired shooters

Sunday dawns bright and clear, chilly in the AM but almost hot in the afternoon.  20 Shooters on line this AM.   Our Redcoat shows marked improvement from yesterday, with three shooters clearing the target. An indication of what will follow?

We run Ball & Dummy on a Redcoat followed by introduction of transitions to make use of the complete target. Lunch and 3rd Strike.  After lunch ......AQT time.  From the first AQT we start handing out Rifleman patches, wrapping up the day with EIGHT Rifleman.  Three confirmed their understanding of  Marksmanship Fundamentals with additional Rifleman scores.

Wrapped up another great weekend Appleseeding with an outstanding group of folks.

Our thanks to all who spent this weekend with us!  Come back and strengthen those ties that bind us together as Americans and bring some friends!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Deuce

Thanks again Dave!!!

I sure would miss you if you were not there...in fact...it wouldn't even seem like Appleseed without ya!  Ok, thats an overstatement...Appleseed is more than any single person....I miss Ed a lot...NOBODY tells history like Ed it seems...he really punches you in the gut with the story doesn't he?  And without Ed at our seed we still survived..in fact we are thriving it would seem!  (Ed, don't take that the wrong way buddy, I know you are uber busy helping in other places!!!)

I REALLY missed ATM...I'll never forget ATM and my wife pushing rounds in my hand for me after my mess up (I only carried 2 rounds with me for the standing DOH!!)...and then I scored my first Rifleman grade target!

I met a pipefitter named Chris today, and I think I got him excited!  I gave him the best target I shot the first time I went and challenged him to show me up...he loves history and I really hope he comes to Riley this year!!!  Now I know what to do with my shot up targets...give them away to help inspire folks!!!

ATM

Quote from: Deuce on April 19, 2010, 11:01:48 PM
I REALLY missed ATM...

I missed you too, Joe. ;)  I trust that everyone maintained a high level of enthusiasm for making rifles safe in my absence. ^:)^

It's great to hear about returning friends and new folks sharing another fine weekend at Cloverdale.

I'll be back!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

West

Sounds like you guys had a great shoot!  I can't wait until I'm out there permanently and I can move around and meet all the Hoosier instructors.

I have a question:  Was Vicki, Jeff, and their two daughters there?  I was hoping to have heard they were, I met them at Evansville, and they said they were going to attend this one.

I hope so, their little girls were doing so well on Sunday last month, I would love to hear they were doing even better!  I also hope that the two of them were two of our new Riflemen!! And, if Jeff or Vicki posted, sorry, I don't know your forum names yet.

I have a Ruger 10/22 stock for them, just haven't been back to Indi with a chance to send it out yet.

Great job guys!  Hope to see you all on the trail.

West  :))

techres

Quote from: West on April 23, 2010, 11:51:17 AM
Sounds like you guys had a great shoot!  I can't wait until I'm out there permanently and I can move around and meet all the Hoosier instructors.

I have a question:  Was Vicki, Jeff, and their two daughters there?  I was hoping to have heard they were, I met them at Evansville, and they said they were going to attend this one.

I hope so, their little girls were doing so well on Sunday last month, I would love to hear they were doing even better!  I also hope that the two of them were two of our new Riflemen!! And, if Jeff or Vicki posted, sorry, I don't know your forum names yet.

I have a Ruger 10/22 stock for them, just haven't been back to Indi with a chance to send it out yet.

Great job guys!  Hope to see you all on the trail.

West  :))

Check the Wabash AAR, Cloverdale and Nashville sold out and I believe they are the family that redirected north and hit Wabash.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

yellowhousejake

Jeff, Vicki, and the girls were at Wabash Saturday but could not return Sunday. Shame, I enjoy having them on the line. Amber and Megan did not shoot rifleman as they had new rifles, no slings, no peep sights. I ahve no doubt they will do it once they are used to their new rifles. Here is the Wabash AAR.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13150.0

DAve
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ