News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock WA April 17 & 18 Appleseed 235 years of History

Started by Earl, April 16, 2010, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

http://wmearl-justthelibrarykeeper.blogspot.com/2010/04/one-more-brisk-jog-in-sunshine.html

Do know that the work behind most of the Appleseeds this weekend have been going on for the longest, it should be a great weekend. As soon as I get my jog finished, clean up, and finish packing I will be on the road to where good citizens gather to talk about 19 April 1775, about those good citizens and the beginnings of the tradition of Marksmanship, Riflemen fire Rapidly and when America won the Revolution. See you there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftMQowEwiYo

OLD GEEZER brings Jason to Appleseed
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

The Range Is Ready but the Swamp is not drained (there miaght be gators in there  :o ??? ???) plenty of room to walk around tho.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

What a great day to be a really old guy in the Revolutionary War Veterans Association (you really don't know how old I feel some times). Twenty-eight registered shooters showed, two last minute 'let's go shoot' walk-ons came by in their vehicle and those thirty shooter shined. First Redcoat target 3 400, 1 300, 4 200 and 15 100, 3 HS with Daniel Morgan. Then we started sharing the wealth of information overload, and they grabbed on for the ride. Stopped at lunch for the first Strike and the Second Strike and the Continental Volley in honor of the fallen was prepared, explained in significance and the Eastern to Western all at the same time in all the Appleseeds. Very moving.

Back to instruction, NPOA, you know the drill, hammer the lesson home and make them believers. More positions, more information, more challenges and the day was almost gone when we did two AQTs, and scoring found four Riflemen - Jerry 224 and 226 (he blames it on his practice and dryfire since his last Appleseed), Jason 216 (dragged smiling to this AS by one of my maturing IITs), Dean 215, Daniel 210 (who camped out on sight being so motivated - yes it is gently raining between clear sky patches) (he is going to try and dry out that river that runs through Wade's DAR). A good day, video taken by willing but busy Line Boss and friends.

Everyone was busy, everyone had a tiring but fulfilling day, some can't make day two this time but will somewhere down the road, everyone else was told to prepare for more and faster tomorrow. Final Redcoat of the day 8 400, 7 300, 5 200, 10 100, 8 HS the whiskey with water is on Daniel Morgan as soon as we find him. Normal tired would have a lot worse scores on the Redcoat, but this is a shooting group. Many of the people here came because of AS family encouragement, and lots of them are knocking on the door.

I have to clean up and get some sleep, videos are downloaded from my cameras to my computer, will process them some time next week. Tomorrow is another long tough day, and I will be smiling cause my cause is just!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

And a good fellowship around the camp fire  with like minded after the shoot. O0

Wade
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

Day two was Sunday, and it was a SUN day - Summer just blazed on in. Twenty fine shooters showed up, nineteen from yesterday. Refreshers, Redcoat  4-400, 4-300, 3-200, 5 100, 5 HS, on to Sighting Squares, positions, NPOA, Ball and dummy and first AQT of the day. Two Riflemen showed up: Osborne and Terrence 233. Third Strike at lunch and on with more AQTs in the afternoon. Stopping for Dangerous Old Men and squad shooting. The Ladies of the Left Wing, determined the since Cease Fire hadn't been given it was okay to reload magazines and shoot the Star out of the black, not a bit of it remained. Three loud Huzzahs! Onward with more AQTs but no new Riflemen, but everyone improving a bit here and there.

Debi allowed Earl (the Shoot Boss) to check her rifle and scope to see if there was a problem, Earl settled in and had so much fun Lori reloaded a magazine or two so he could be sure that it wasn't Luck, Coincidence but a fine rifle and scope that was hitting the center of that black sighting square. Earl had so much fun getting to step 3, going into 4a4b5555555555566666 center hit, breath and do it again and again and again.

type3malfunction

My son and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience on Saturday.  Great people.  Looks like the weather was really nice today, too bad we couldn't attend both days.  We're looking forward to our next chance to attend.

Osborne

Thanks so much Earl! also RL, Wheeler, Larry, Wade & all the crew... I learned so much and *finally* getting the Rifleman Patch (in the sunshine no less) was the cherry on top. Great Pictures of a good time, excellent training and history, and a good range.
I noticed one of the pictures from an AQT Stage 2 course of fire - clearly showing my thumb pulling wood. DOH! bad habit :) but something I was fixing towards the end of the day... when I was shooting much better of course!

kornphlake

Thanks again to Wade for sharing his yard and his campfire for the weekend.  That range he dug turned out to be pretty useful too.

What a relief to shoot a qualifying Rifleman target late Saturday, It was a good thing too, because I ran out of ammo just after lunch on Sunday, thanks to my fellow Appleseeders who gave me an extra box of ammo to give a hurting to that white patch in the team firing exercise.

My goal for the weekend was to shoot rifleman and learn some history, I met both goals.  If Wheeler gets his way the next time you see me at an Appleseed I will be wearing one of those colored hats.

Wade

Thank you  all for coming ,Your showing up shows me that the work building this lil hole in the ground was worth while .

Wade
WOOF!

smurf hunter

Had a ton of fun and am inspired to practice NPOA drills so I'll earn a patch next time. 
As the Canadians are fond of saying, the instructors were "top drawer" :)

tmiller1116

I have to say... Best time I have had shooting in a LOOOOONG time!  Thanks again to all who made it happen.  Making the Rifleman score was definitely a boost! 

Oh, and Dean or Mitch, if you are reading this, I still have part of your sling!  Need an address to ship to!!! standard email works!

smurf hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQzY80EdrZQ

Bad video, but we got the audio of the 1:00pm volley for those 13 names.  Unfortunately some shooters weren't quite disciplined enough to wait for the "fire" command :)

Earl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E83bkoUek3c

Try this one, same video from a different camera.

First Redcoat target http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmzf1Gmw9gM

Early Sighting Square http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LUjljwZA9w

Jerry Gets Rifleman, twice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QjSlsGYV28

Jason Gets His Patch and RL stars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_hIxrJb6bY

PFessor

All,
     This past weekend I attended my first Apple Seed Shoot. Let me tell you it was a blast. I can not remember when I had so much fun at the range! I even learned a few things about history, and shooting too! I would like to offer my sincerest thanks to the volunteers who helped all who attended become better shooters. I didn't earn my Rifleman patch, but I didn't miss it by too much. There's always next time! Earl, Wade, Larry, Wheeler and RL. Without you guys, the shoot would not have been the awsome success it was. Again Thank You!!!

PFessor
aka Mitch

johnso515

I have to add my thanks as well.  This was my second shoot.  I think the telling of the three strikes and the dangerous men was especially meaningful this year.  I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

-jss