News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville IN. March 27-28 2010

Started by Mudcat, March 28, 2010, 11:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

Well we had a 1 great day out of 2 as far as the weather goes. Saturday we had a great day to shoot and talk heritage. It was nice to see old friends again with the Halls driving 3 hours to come back and bring the girls again. Both girls and mom showed they had not forgotten what they had learned last fall. Dad on the other hand was enjoying watching them have fun to get too serious, even though he still knocked out a 194 with out a sling and still looked like he was playing around. I seriously believe he has a Rifleman score in there that he is holding back so he has to buy the ice cream.
Biogranny with her bionic knee was back again too, determined to improve. I finally got her to believe there is no shame in not doing every transition. She too has what it takes and will bring it out soon I am sure. Even if she is a darn good cook. ;)
Jim and Shelly who shot at the mini in Feb. You guys know very well what you are about with Jim blowing a 220 out on the first AQT on saturday. O0 Shelly was shooting better groups but when it came AQT time her rifle was giving her fits that we just couldn't stop. I really would like to see an orange hat on Jims head soon.
I am glad Sur+ finally got Elizabeths pocket issue worked out she was much happier at the end of the day.
I also want to thank Sindy for bringing lunch out saturday and staying to shoot with us too. Plus bringing your cousins family to shoot, they were a hoot and Sara thought she was going to flunk out.  **) But she was in the 190 range and very safe. Remember you said 10 or 20 you were bringing back.

3 AQTs on saturday in March must be some kind of record. But with the incoming rain forcast for sunday. Why not turn the lights on and shoot.

Now sunday was a whole different story with wind, rain and cold you just gotta love Indiana. ++)   Thanks to those that came back for the short end of the stick. Plus 2 walk ons Kris and Nicole came out to show what they were known of. Instructors got some trigger time as well.  Relichound shoots a 215 on the first AQT sunday for our second Rifleman of the weekend. I really thought Shelly and Nicole were going to get it too and believe they would have under better conditions.

All in all a great shoot with great Patriots. I look forward to seeing you all on the line again soon.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

RelicHound

I had a great time despite the weather! Thanks to all O0 Im gonna get some more practice in and bring that score up..maybe even with a more stock rifle. :)

biogranny

Thanks to all the instructors for helping me out at the
Evansville, In. shoot March 27th.  I had a great time.  Mudcat
did threaten to tape my fingers back (I really think he was about
ready to do it).  I am working on that SON.  I know I will improve.
I am going to dry-fire, dry-fire and dry-fire some more.
XD Man thanks for helping me out with my sling and giving me
some good pointers. See you @ Knob Creek.

biogranny