News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lancaster Ohio March 20 & 21

Started by Luna, March 22, 2010, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

A fun and successful shoot at a new location near Lancaster Ohio. 

I want to thank Jamel, Sam , Jolene and Sarah.  You guys did a great job and showed incredible improvement during the weekend.  You were the first to clear the new Pigeon & Oreo Cookie stage shot in the state of Ohio.  I could tell the young ladies were having fun when the smiles spread cheek to cheek.  I think I ever saw Sam break a smile a couple times.  Jamel thank you for having your family out to an AS event.  I hope we will see you again soon

Carolyn and Regan occupied the other end of the line with our newest young patriot Reilly.  Reilly was such a good shot that after the clay pigeon was gone he went after the clip.  It was a pleasure to present him a young patriot patch.  I look forward to seeing you guys again soon on the trail.  I think we have potential Orange hats in the family.

To everyone who was there it was an honor to share the history with you.  Dryfire's presentation of the 2nd and 3rd strikes was inspiring and drew rave reviews from the property owners friends and family. 
The food was good, the weather lasted all weekend and the company was outstanding.  Thank you all for a fun and satisfying shoot.

Luna

Gordon

Yes, a small but effective event.

Jamal, it was indeed a pleasure having you and your family at the line, and I sincerely hope to see you again (at which time you'll remind me of "Step 6", right? :) ). Sammer, once you get those optics stabilized, man, I think you'll soon start "knocking at the door" of Rifleman. Jolene and Sarah, you both were so cheerful and teachable! I'm sure that with a little persistance you'll both start to zero-in on that Rifleman patch also. Really. All four of you had such patient and positive attiudes. Again, it was my sincere pleasure spending time with each of you on the line and I do hope to see you again.

Carolyn and Reagan, I spent less time down at your end but was pleased with the time I did get. Carolyn, your "steady hold factors" and "6 steps" (as far as I can see them) seem excellent. I suspect you're going to find and solve some glitch having to do with sight picture, or perhaps the sights themselves, and when that happens you score will instantly skyrocket. Reagan, what can I say? A bit of regular practice and I'm certain you''ll get that practice. Remember to dry-fire! It's hard to overstate the value of that.

And please pass on to Riley that I enjoyed my time with him; his enthusiasm and his good shooting. He should be proud of his patch!

Thank you Luna, Meanstreaker, and DryFire for your leadership and expertise. I certainly learned a lot from this weekend, in terms of both instructing and of  my own marksmanship. Perhaps most importantly, I got some fresh inspiration and meaning about the History. Luna and DryFire, thank you for those outstanding presentations.

I hope to see you all again soon, on "The Appleseed Trail"!
-Gordon, aka Fuzzymath

MeanStreaker

Pics!

Some of these definitely depict the beautiful rolling hills of central Ohio.

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)