News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR for Augusta, GA Appleseed, March 20 & 21

Started by TAZDevil, March 22, 2010, 01:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

After Action Report, 3/20/10

There were 18 shoots on Saturday at enjoyed perfect sunny 75 F windless weather; Sunday not so good.
We were about evenly split between new Appleseed shooters and returnees.

Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Red Hats: DwayneH, Fiedenmeister, and DrJohn (it was DrJohn's and Appalacious' first time as a red hats!)
IITs: FranklinFarmer (ready to move up to IIT4 after this weekend), Bagel, and Col Barrett (ready to move up to IIT3 after this weekend)

The Pinetucky Range in Augusta is perfect for hammering out Riflemen on the anvil of the AQT.  2 on Saturday: Alex Murray and Aaron Sears (accepted an Orange hat).

Sunday dawned cooler (and never warmer up, sweatshirt weather) and over cast.  It started to rain a little afternoon; this did not dampen our energy and fun.  Shooters had a chance to prove to themselves that they can shoot the same MOA groups at 100 yards as they can at 25 meters despite a 15 mile an hour full value wind.

Sunday: 15 shooter and 2 new Riflemen: Bone and Justin Anderson.  Justin loves shooting and will continue
attend Appleseeds but just was not ready to accept an Orange hat).

A great two days in Augusta, GA. Total of four Riflemen created and one new Orange hat.
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

Appalacious

This was one of my favorite Appleseeds so far.  The shooters seemed very enthusiastic about learning marksmanship AND history.  Even though it rained, the range is covered, so no problems there.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

franklinfarmer

I think the history presentations were about as clear as I've heard, and the road map (Boston to Concord) was a big help.  How does a guy get a hold of one of those maps?

As much as I enjoy "eating dirt and sweating bore solvent" and using my Coleman stove, I have to be a wimp and say that those evening feasts/discussions with the instructors were my favorite part.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

Appalacious

Thanks, bagel.  Anytime you can photo-document a shoot please do.

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.