News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

OFFICIAL MINNESOTA MUSTER THREAD!!!

Started by AFTERMATH, March 16, 2010, 07:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Official Announcement, here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12065.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the evening of April 18, 1775; continuing through the morning of the next day; our alarm riders like Paul Revere were able to muster 14,000 men with arms, to answer the call of Liberty. The men who answered the call would find themselves guilty of treason against the king of England. That's assuming they would survive the coming battle.
Two men left Boston with the message that the Redcoats were coming; using only a primitive system of riders, alarm bells, and other signals which we would consider archaic in this great modern era of internet and cell phones. Those two men; William Dawes and Paul Revere; were able to alert thousands of their fellow Americans to the coming danger. By the end of April 19th, 1775; 14,000 men had mustered and were heading to the battle. I'd say that's rather impressive for a bunch of farmers and artisans.
Could we possibly replicate that today?
I don't believe so.
With all the modern conveniences of cell phones, internet and text messaging....... See More
I don't think the modern American is up to it.
How many could you muster???
1000? 100? 10? 1???
Well, here's YOUR chance to prove me wrong!
The Revolutionary War Veterans Association will be conducting a 'Virtual' Muster-Night.
This event will be held from 19:00-22:30, on the evening of March 16, 2010-A.D.
We're not asking you to pick up your muskets. We're not even asking you to leave your home!
We just want to see how many we can get to 'muster' on the forum at one time.
That's right, from the comfort of your own couch, you can be a part of a record-breaking attempt to see how many Patriots we can get on the internet at the same time!
I'll be there on the virtual green.
Will YOU stand beside me?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow MINNESOTANS?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow APPLESEEDERS?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow AMERICANS?
Will YOU stand with us, at the Nineteenth hour, of the Sixteenth day of March; Anno Domini, Two-thousand Ten

If you're not already a member of the RWVA forum; sign up now:
http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget; we will be running this simultaniously with the Rifleman Radio Show. We'll have a special guest with us for this great occasion:

David Hackett Fischer
Author of "Paul Revere's Ride" Among many other well accredited books.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Steelheart

Another MN online and listening to the radio show.

Steelheart
NRA & GOA Member     http://www.taurusarmed.net

AFTERMATH

Quote from: 2431940 on March 16, 2010, 09:00:18 PM
Waseca MN checking in.

Welcome aboard!!!

I'm up North, holding down the; Cambridge, Hinckley, Mora, Pine City corridor!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Steelheart on March 16, 2010, 09:10:26 PM
Another MN online and listening to the radio show.

Steelheart

Haven't heard from you in a while!  How's it going?

Steelheart

Quote from: AFTERMATH on March 16, 2010, 09:13:42 PM

Haven't heard from you in a while!  How's it going?

Pretty good.  I'll be at Rochester for the April shoot and I'm bringing 2 friends with.  Supplying one of them with a loaner rifle and will be driving as well.

Noticed that there isn't a Rochester MN thread yet....  :)

Steelheart

I'm Going to try to get to that shoot but it all depends on my cash flow and other plans on Sun.  Wells Gun Club has a Military Gun shoot that day. I had fun there last year.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Steelheart on March 16, 2010, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on March 16, 2010, 09:13:42 PM

Haven't heard from you in a while!  How's it going?

Pretty good.  I'll be at Rochester for the April shoot and I'm bringing 2 friends with.  Supplying one of them with a loaner rifle and will be driving as well.

Noticed that there isn't a Rochester MN thread yet....  :)

Steelheart
Quote from: 2431940 on March 16, 2010, 09:22:22 PM
I'm Going to try to get to that shoot but it all depends on my cash flow and other plans on Sun.  Wells Gun Club has a Military Gun shoot that day. I had fun there last year.

Sounds great guys!
Hopefully, that's not the last at Rochester!

Have you checked out the MN schedule yet?
It's certainly loaded:  1 down, 16 to go!  And we'll be adding in some more, I'm sure!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11742.0

I'll be in Duluth, in April.  But I hope to meet you all on the Trail!

Steelheart

Quote from: AFTERMATH on March 16, 2010, 09:25:17 PM

It's certainly loaded:  1 down, 16 to go!  And we'll be adding in some more, I'm sure!

I've been checking in every once in a while to see the schedule and the pre-reg numbers.

Until the Rochester shoot was announced we were planning on hitting Duluth.  A much shorter drive and potentially warmer weather won out. :D

Steelheart

tc95gt

Just checking in here. Still trying to dry out after Henderson.  O0

Greg in MO

Hey Alex,

Just checking in.  Let me know if you need anything.

Greg

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Steelheart on March 16, 2010, 09:32:31 PM
Quote from: AFTERMATH on March 16, 2010, 09:25:17 PM

I've been checking in every once in a while to see the schedule and the pre-reg numbers.

Until the Rochester shoot was announced we were planning on hitting Duluth.  A much shorter drive and potentially warmer weather won out. :D

Steelheart

That it is!  By the way: there is now a Rochester thread!

O'ha!
tc95gt just showed up!  

I'd bet you are still wet!  I know even my 'water-proof' boots couldn't stand up to the test.  But it's good for your skin, right?

Oh... Please excuse my negligence, Minnesota.  Please allow me to introduce Greg(tc95gt); our newest IIT!
He's got more than a couple Seeds under his belt!  And quite a few AQT's up his sleeve.

And hello Greg in MO! 
Our trusted Regional Coordinator!  Thanks for stopping by!

Alex

javaguy

Whew made it to thread finally   @@)   I am going to download the podcast as well - sounds like an excellent show!

AFTERMATH

EEL

Hallloooooo up yonder in Minnesooooota!!   **)  Aftermath, you keeping an eye on this bunch?  Maybe they need a small vaca down south.  Now taking reservations for the 300 man shoot on Sept 11-12. 

We LOVE border raiders!!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

rusty shackleford

Brand new guy from St Paul, signed up for the May event at the OGC.

Sven

Better late than never, checking in from South Minneapolis  :)

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Sven on March 16, 2010, 11:27:00 PM
Better late than never, checking in from South Minneapolis  :)

Sven
Well, although I fully concur with your motto; you're not, if I recall correctly, late.
This time it went to 22:30. O0

Quote from: rusty shackleford on March 16, 2010, 11:11:20 PM
Brand new guy from St Paul, signed up for the May event at the OGC.
O'ha!
Welcome aboard Mr R. Shackleford!
I look forward to meeting you in May!
Quote from: EEL on March 16, 2010, 11:09:23 PM
Hallloooooo up yonder in Minnesooooota!!   **)  Aftermath, you keeping an eye on this bunch?  Maybe they need a small vaca down south.  Now taking reservations for the 300 man shoot on Sept 11-12. 

We LOVE border raiders!!

EEL

I'm trying to keep them in line....  But it's tough; I can only use 3 ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) and 2 &)
Dang rules of engagement!
I most assuredly will encourage a bold manuever to the South and East!
I shall probably lead the charge, given my Western flank in Rochester will hold that weekend!

I'll catch you on the Trail, EEL!

The Machine

Hey AM, stopping in from WV to say "howdy do"! This is probably as close as I'll get to MN for awhile.  :D

I see you're holding down the fort in the "Land of 10,000 Appleseeds"...good job!  O0

Maybe you missed the memo, but now we're allowed to use 4  ~~:) and 3  &) as needed. Fred is such a generous fellow!  ;D

Take care my friend...
"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

AFTERMATH

Quote from: The Machine on March 17, 2010, 01:10:27 AM
Hey AM, stopping in from WV to say "howdy do"! This is probably as close as I'll get to MN for awhile.  :D

I see you're holding down the fort in the "Land of 10,000 Appleseeds"...good job!  O0

Maybe you missed the memo, but now we're allowed to use 4  ~~:) and 3  &) as needed. Fred is such a generous fellow!  ;D

Take care my friend...

I did miss the memo....  Perhaps it was intentional.  I don't know that I can be trusted with 4 ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) :~ and 3 &) &) :---
See what I mean? :wall: :wall: :wall:
I always take it too far!

I trust all is well down in WV!  I don't see myself getting any closer to WV, either... :wb:

I hope that Marvel Mystery Oil did you better than it did my car....
Engine light's still flashing. :sos:

You take care as well!  Our paths shall cross.  Hopefully sooner, than later.

Aftermath

vmt193

Sorry I didn't make it guys. I teach a firearms safety class on Tuesdays.

Chris(2431940), tell me more about this shoot in Wells.

vmt

DeanC

Finally made it here! Looking forward to Elk River!

Old Glory!

Quote from: DeanC on April 01, 2010, 08:32:51 PM
Looking forward to Elk River!

Welcome Dean, You and quite a few others!  I imagine there might even be some Wisconsinites slipping over the boarder to attend Elk River.    :cool2:

OG in WI

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

DeanC

3rd LTR ready, 1 to go before April 17: (I'm bringing 3 of my boys with)

tc95gt

Quote from: DeanC on April 02, 2010, 10:45:00 PM

Welcome aboard Dean. Good to see you here.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: DeanC on April 01, 2010, 08:32:51 PM
Finally made it here! Looking forward to Elk River!

Well it's about time!

Welcome aboard!  I don't think I'll be seeing you at Elk River in April.... But there's always Oakdale in May!

DeanC

Quote from: tc95gt on April 03, 2010, 10:19:09 AM

Are you going to be an Orange Hat at Elk River?

tc95gt

Quote from: DeanC on April 04, 2010, 11:23:47 AM
Quote from: tc95gt on April 03, 2010, 10:19:09 AM

Are you going to be an Orange Hat at Elk River?
Yes. This will be my first one wearing the orange hat and I'm looking forward to it.

DeanC

Quote from: tc95gt on April 04, 2010, 07:55:45 PM
Yes. This will be my first one wearing the orange hat and I'm looking forward to it.
Awesome. You can show me the way!

(You aren't a member at Elk River are you?)

tc95gt

Quote from: DeanC on April 06, 2010, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: tc95gt on April 04, 2010, 07:55:45 PM
Awesome. You can show me the way!
(You aren't a member at Elk River are you?)
I'm betting you're going to leave with your patch this time.
Unfortunately I am not a member at Elk River.