News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Henderson, MN March 13-14 AAR

Started by Whisker, March 15, 2010, 04:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

12 Shooters Saturday, 7 on Sunday. 8 Instructors: Vmt193, Aftermath, Sven, Javaguy, Brad76, Alex, Ahhshoot and myself. 

Two new Riflemen: AR-15 and Dclausen.  Congrats! 

Dclausen scored a 210 on the last AQT of the day.   He may have scored a 213 on the previous AQT but some doubles were hard to confirm.  - You coming to a 4-17/18 shoot? 

2 New IITs:  AR-15 and Tc95gt. Glad to have you in the MN instructor corps.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

vmt193

I'm eagerly waiting for pictures to be posted. Just want to see if pictures show it as wet and muddy as it seemed. ;D

Shooters, you guys were great! :bow: Those were pretty tough conditions. (Even for an Appleseed) I hope somebody got a picture of Back to Basics up on his little island of snow and slush that he called home on Saturday.

vmt

javaguy

Despite the challenging conditions as the Henderson, MN snowpack melted and flowed onto our range over the course of a single day, the shooters were great!  The red-hats worked diligently to slow the runoff with bricks and logs.  Roy was nearly floating on his little 'raft' while he cleared those Redcoats  ;D
here are a few pics of the two-day event

ahhshoot

Fun shoot! Well worth the trek. Great meeting some new instructors and fun seeing old ones.  :~Absolutely persevering shooters. :~ You all might want to just pat yourself on the back.
Did anyone else catch our shootboss using a piece of bark as a  soup spoon during a well done 3rd strike. ???
The past is only the future with the lights on.

LaughingShooter

I thought that was a piece of beef jerky - but bark?  nice!  I wish I HAD taken a picture of it! :)   :~

LaughingShooter

mud and water photos  :sos:

GRYPHON

Yep! It was a fun shoot despite the mud and slush. That's what Gen. Washington and his men had to go through all day long and most of them didn't have any shoes! I'd like to go again but this time as an instructor. 8) I would like to thank all the instructors there for helping me improve to Rifleman. :)

yea caught him eating with the bark/spoon too!  ;D
"Those who have lost Freedom have nothing left to lose"

AFTERMATH

QuoteDid anyone else catch our shootboss using a piece of bark as a  soup spoon during a well done 3rd strike.
I only wish I had my camera!  And here I've been promoting the utillity of a spork!
Just think of what great promo that would have made for the survivalist types!

What a great weekend!  We had 12 excellent Americans show up to learn marksmanship and their heritage!
We had two of them take it to the next level by scoring Rifleman!  Congratulations Michael and Dennis!
We also had two step up and take the Orange Hat!  They have undertaken the beginning of what shall be a long and fullfilling journey!
Thank you AR-15 and tc95gt!  I'm pretty sure Greg knew that if he came down; we'd throw a Hat on him. (And he still came! #))
I was right when I said the weather would be perfect!  Unfortunately, I did neglect to account for the terrain....
It definately gave head to the analogy of bailing.  I'm not sure if it sunk into them; or they sunk into it!
I'm absolutely amazed at the perserverance and perstistance of these future Riflemen/women.
If only all Americans possessed such qualities.  Qualities inherent in ALL Riflemen.
We should proably add 'raft' to the 'What to bring' list.

Anne; I believe you've successfully shown how you went about getting your forum name.
Your enthusiasm kept us all in high spirts.  Even while you were laying in 8 inches of mud!

Steph; thanks for dragging your husband out to instruct another of our shoots.  Keep it up; and we'll make a Red Hat outta him yet!  ;)
Just don't forget the sun-block! :-[

Roy and Ryan; you're both very close!  Keep it up, and you'll make it!

Thank you to all who made it!  Don't forget to bring your friends....  And DRY FIRE!!! >:D

Alex made a pre-emptive strike in anticipation of the invasion of Iowa! :--- :--- :---
And he's welcome back anytime!  Some of the shooters, however, may not welcome that Mosin-Nagant back. :D
And Ahhshoot, on a recon mission from Wisconsin!  I hope we proved Minnesotans are now a formidable force. 
It's always great working with you!  Give yourself a pat on the back!(and well give a push on your car) >:D

Ok, now that I've made fun of you all...  Thank you!  It's great to know you've got my back! 
Especially when a certain Red Hat is running a few minutes late.
I can't wait to see you guys again!  Perhaps, in your territory.

IIT's; Javaguy, Sven and Brad76- splended work gentlemen!  Remember...  Red Hat by April! ;) :D

Good times will prevail, when you spend your days on the Appleseed Trail.

A pleasure, as always!

Aftermath

P.S.  I didn't forget about vmt193...  I'd include an entertaining tidbit about him as well... But I'm scared.  Mike is hard-core!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]