News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN -- Ladies Only Shoot -- May 22-23

Started by AFTERMATH, March 14, 2010, 12:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Hello Ladies!!!
(I'm gonna prentend that only women are reading this post.  Despite the fact that 90% of you are male! &))

That which lays before you is a fantastic opportunity!
How many of you desire to have a weekend; just to yourselves?
A weekend of learning to shoot and being immersed in American History; without the interference of men?
(They always just get in the way anyway, right?)
Here is the opportunity to learn how to shoot like a girl... From people who actually are girls!
Here's your chance to learn those secret tricks and techniques; as well as the solutions to shooting issues that are distinctly... Shall we say, feminine.
(All those problems that us men are, and forever shall be, ignorant to...)
This is also a good opportunity for those women who may feel uncomfortable learning to shoot from us guys.
A great way to all the women you know, out to expirience the sport which you hold dear.
This shoot will be only open to female attendees and instructors!  As well as only female spectators.  That's right!  Leave the kids at home with dad!
Mothers, daughters, sisters, aunts, cousins, friends-Come one, come all!  To the only 2010 Ladies' Appleseed in Minnesota.
No men allowed!
(That's right; as much as I'd like to be there, I've even banned myself! :-X)

Ok, guys...  I know you're still reading this so I figured I should take this time to remind you that this is perfect way to get your wife and daughters involved.  Perhaps even your mother.  That is if you're not afraid she's still mad at you for shooting up her bird-houses!

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12214.0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

javaguy

How about any setup/takedown support from the guys? We can put up the canopy or hang cardboard/etc the night before?

AFTERMATH

Well, I guess that'd be up to the shoot boss.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

techres

Here's a Women Only Event flyer for download.

Very excited to see this event happening, have fun, and remember this is the excuse to get in the fun and let the guys stay at home watching the kids.  It's Appleseed so they cannot complain or they will have to answer to Fred & Riflewoman!
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

AFTERMATH

QuoteHello Ladies!!!
(I'm gonna prentend that only women are reading this post.  Despite the fact that 90% of you are male! )
Did I call it, or what?
I mean; like 70 views, and all the replies are from guys!  :wall:
Us guys are trolling over this thread like hawks.
You just don't get a break, do you?
Well, on May 22-23; you have your chance!
Quote from: techres on March 15, 2010, 11:19:46 PM
Here's a Women Only Event flyer for download.

Very excited to see this event happening, have fun, and remember this is the excuse to get in the fun and let the guys stay at home watching the kids.  It's Appleseed so they cannot complain or they will have to answer to Fred & Riflewoman!

Thanks Techres!  It looks great!

Trisha

Quote from: javaguy on March 15, 2010, 10:47:46 AM
How about any setup/takedown support from the guys? We can put up the canopy or hang cardboard/etc the night before?

I may not be the SB for this event and I hope it's ok for me to say this, but I know that I wouldn't mind some help with the set up. There will probably be three maybe even four of us coming from WI to instruct at this event, so having that already set up would really help us who are driving, since it would be one less thing to worry about.

samjt15

Well my work schedual is crazy but i'm going to try and attend... I shall be a rifle women someday!!!

Mogget

Good, Samjt15.  PM me if you have questions.  Meanwhile, dryfire, dryfire, dryfire!

Mogs

AFTERMATH

Well...
I keep hearing that people are signing up, but.....  I don't see any pre-regs yet. ::)
Let's make it official.  We don't want the rest of the country to think we're slacking! O0

Trisha

You know I talked to the women at the Lodi AS this past weekend, and they said that they might go, so I do hope they sign up. I have also heard other women say they would go and it is disappointing to hear no one has signed up yet!

javaguy

Is there a FB event setup for this shoot yet?  We must promote this.  I'll plan on getting info to Bullseye Gun Range in North Branch asap

AFTERMATH

Quote from: javaguy on April 23, 2010, 07:28:52 PM
Is there a FB event setup for this shoot yet?  We must promote this.  I'll plan on getting info to Bullseye Gun Range in North Branch asap

Why, yes, there is!
It's within the Minnesota group!

Old Glory!

LADIES and gentlemen!  Wouldn't it be great to see CARLOADS of women coming out to this Appleseed?! ^:)^

Here is a flyer that might be just the tool to do it - that is, IF YOU USE IT.  ~~:)   Download, print and handout!

Everyone knows a few women to invite, right? 

Register here:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/599489088%20%20%20%20%20

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

DeanC

Hey Mogget - if need some loaner rifles for this weekend I have a few you can use. I think my house is in between yours and Hinckley. (Or if another instructor wants to pick them up that is cool too)

Mogget

Thanks, Dean. You are very kind and  I'll keep that in mind.  I actually have two, myself.  I do, however, like to keep them on their own rifles unless that becomes impossible (it broke) or more frustration than it's worth. 

Mogs

russellmn

I would imagine Laughingshooter will be bringing mine and my brother's along as spares/loaners also...
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

DeanC

I was just thinking they might be helpful if a reluctant woman said "Oh I'd love to go, but I just don't have a rifle..."

Mogget

Yes, if folks contact us ahead of time we do round up the necessary spares to support them, in addition to a few that we might use to cover the exigencies.  You are very kind and I'll let you know if we need more.  Right now, though, what we most need are more shooters.   ;) 

Mogs

DeanC

Quote from: Mogget on May 05, 2010, 06:22:36 AM
Right now, though, what we most need are more shooters.   ;) 

Mogs
I'm working on that too!

sparks1

I talked to my friend, and she said she signed up right after her hubbie told her about it. Deb, at this point , is not sure if she will make it. I told her that if not that one then another this summer. BUT that the women only might be the most fun for the gals.
  I was so glad to hear she went for it right away. I pray she makes it. If not we will see her this summer sometime as I am not going to let her get away.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Mogget

Posted info about the event at Duluth.com

Sent press releases to the Hinckley News and the Pine County Courier.

More to come...

Mogs

AFTERMATH

Looking up!  11/25

I posted events on the calanders for:  Kanabec County Times, Pine City Pioneer, Burnett County Sentinal, Cambridge-Isanti Star
As well as some Women's Newspaper....  I don't know if I had enough estrogen to get that one to submit properly, though...

Also, for cost savings and effect download attatched flyer and print it on brightly colored paper...

jennythechemist

Hi everyone!  This is Jenny, i was at the women's-only Appleseed in Hinckley this past weekend.  That was such a good time -- I made some major improvements on my technique with the help of Mogget, Trisha, Rene, and Brass Bucket.  :)  I have been to one other Appleseed and I definitely appreciated the atmosphere of the all-women shoot.  Thanks so much red and orange hats!

Mogget

Hi Jenny the Chemist!

We're glad you came!  We enjoyed it very much, as well.

If you are interested in the pictures, they are over here.  I will probably be putting a few more later this afternoon or evening.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13924.0

Mogs