News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hawkinsville March 6-7

Started by sanderman79, March 08, 2010, 10:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanderman79

We had another great weekend. It was our first time in Hawkinsville. We had a great turnout with 15 shooters on the line on Saturday and 11 on Sunday. We had one repeat rifleman, Joe aka .220swift, who took up an Orange hat. We had a great instructor crew and the shooters were receptive and wanted to learn. It was a great first time event and it looks like we will have more there soon.

Appalacious

Only major failing:  no pictures.   If someone did take some, please post.

Otherwise, I was very pleased with the shoot.  And it's nice to have a location so close to home.  I hope the next year or 2 sees that happen to alot of our instructors.  Nothin' like wrapping an appleseed and being home 30 minutes later.  Thats a new one for me. 

J
Condescension is a GOOD thing.

Deadeye

An especially big thanks to Appalacious and the guys from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Glen and Warren) for making it possible to hold a shoot at this location!

Shooters, your instructors for the weekend were:
Sanderman79
Appalacious
Deadeye
Jollymeister
Jollynator

Thanks to all the shooters and Instructors who turned out!

Dave

.220swift

What a great weekend.  Beautiful sunny days, moderate temperatures, enthusiastic appleseeders and lots of shooting.  I'm still cleaning that red dirt out of my gear.  Thanks to all the instructors for pulling it all off without
a hitch.  I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the trail.

Deadeye

.220Swift, Thanks for taking an Orange Hat!

Son of Martha

Yes, thank you and good job at a new venue guys.  Wish I could have seen it.

SoM
Raise ye the stone or cleave the wood to make a path more fair or flat
Lo, it is black already with blood some Son of Martha spilled for that
Not as a ladder from earth to Heaven, nor as a witness to any creed
But simple service, simply given, to his own kind in their common need.