News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Athens, OH IBC - Feb 13-15 2010 AAR

Started by Boba Fett, February 15, 2010, 11:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett

Well, I finally got to experience some of that Athens, OH magic I'm always hearing about and what a great place it is. There is definitely some magic there and I cam tell you without a doubt, it comes from all the great people... RH's and IIT's alike. It really was worth the 6 hour drive after all. I'm sure Meanstreaker will give a full account with all the details of the event, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, so I started the thread to get the ball rolling, so to speak.  

First and foremost: Nurse Ratchett.... WOW!!!! You were such a blessing this weekend.  @) The food was incredible. Thank you so much for your unbelievable love and hard work preparing everything this weekend.  O0 Thanks to your family as well. Can't wait to bring the family back next time and let the kids play together.

Second: Thanks everyone else. It was wonderful to meet you all. I really enjoyed our time together... Especially Sunday morning. Thanks for letting me share with you. Looking forward to coming back for a shoot and bringing the family with next time.  ..:..

More later I'm sure.

BF

MeanStreaker

A big thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success - to Dinky for putting on a great show, all the Red Hats who came to help, the crew of Appleseeders that kept us well fed and comfortable at all times, ESPECIALLY to Nurse Ratchett for her hard work and weeks of preparation in this regard.... thank you to George T and the Athens Fish and Game Club for hosting us, and thank you to over 30 Liberty-minded Americans who came together from near and far to sleep on cement floors or out in 12 degree temps and sharpen their Appleseed instruction tools.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Other than the nasty stomach bug that seemed to hit about half of us at one point or another, this weekend was just about perfect in my book.  It was a pleasure to spend time with each and every one of you.  

I'm just starting to remember what it feels like to be human and keep water down, so I'm going to leave it at that for now and post some pics below.  

Chime in everyone!

--Mike

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

Special history presentations regarding other events and people from the Revolutionary War that every American should hear from these treasured Ohio IITs and their brothers, sisters and friends:

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

MeanStreaker

So you know, we were very diligent in safety when we went through the "rifle familiarization" section so that everyone could become familiar with unloading and clearing and adjusting sights on as many rifles as possible.  Each rifle was in an Appleseed safe condition, only Billy would handle one at a time, muzzle direction of that rifle was very strict, and that's why you see some people in front of the rifle line so everyone could see:

Ralph even brought his Brown Bess:

--Thomas Paine

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

MeanStreaker

The heros of the weekend!

--Thomas Paine

MeanStreaker

--Thomas Paine

Gopher Boy

And I had to go and get sick.  Looks like I missed a great time.  :'(

I'm am so looking forward to Gibsonburg and the chance to spend time with my Buckeye friends! O0

G.B.

EEL

MeanStreaker,  looks like you had a great event!  O0  Wish we coulda been there.  Turns out we COULD have as our meeting never materialized!  :wall:   :wb:  Oh well, clearly you had everything under control.  Hope to make it over there one day to experience this magic y'all speak of  ;)

Sorry to hear of the bug.  :'(  Now what road kill did Nurse Rachet serve up?   @@)  I want to make sure I stay away from whatever critter got youse guys sick  **)   **)

Seriously NR, sounds like you took good care of our fellow Appleseeders this weekend.  Save some of that for Osage in the fall!!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

wvmmfalcon

As about the only West Virginian there I want to say that I had a really good time, met several people that I had seen sometimes one time before. Met a lot of great folks and made lots of new friends. I was impressed with the people and the clubhouse. I think that for my first time at an out of state AS activity that Athens was a good choice. I am making plans to return and also to visit other AS sites. We are working on getting more ranges set up here in West Virginia. I am looking forward to working at other AS especially Athens.
Jeff
Jeffrey-Frank..Jarrell
KYPD
Malon Labe
I think, therefore I am dangerous (Q)

EZ3

The people ( and the food ) were worth the trip by themselves.  The curriculum was icing on the cake.   >:D
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

GoldFish

Wow!  This was a pretty much perfect weekend save the bug that hit so many people toward the end of the IBC. $$-0  Thanks to all the Dinky for running a great IBC, what great one to have as my first.  To MeanStreaker, thank you for all the help you provided throughout the event, and thanks for toughing it out with that whatever-it-was that got you on Sunday, and thank you for explaining IMC in such a way that I finally got how to explain it properly! ^:)^ ^:)^  Thank you Dryfire for being my "personal assistant" and working with me so much. :)  Nurse Ratchett, THANK YOU for all the work you put into this event, especially with the AMAZING food.  Maybe that's the true Athens Magic! ;D  Boba Fett, that Sunday morning service you provided really hit me and made me think a little bit more on why I'm involved with Appleseed.  Fantastic job. O0  And thank you to George T and the rest of the Athens Fish & Game Club for letting us use your fabulous facilities once again. :bow:  VA Shooter, the stories you told, wow, no words to describe your passion and love for our country. ..:..        

This weekend also gave me the opportunity to meet many other IIT's and RH's that I had never met before.  This just confirmed that Appleseeders everywhere are the best people alive.  Great to get with Americans who care enough to get off coaches for 3 freezing days to come spend time with the rest of us.  You all have changed my life.  

---GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Miki

Thanks for the great Buckeye hospitality. All the help and encouragement from everyone was great. It's amazing to witness the Ohio teamwork! And your juniors, (if that's the wrong term, I apologize) WOW!

Sorry I missed Monday. And really sorry to hear it wasn't just me that bug decided to attack. Looking forward to working with you in the future. I have to come back to Ohio, I didn't get the chance to wear my Michigan sweatshirt. Next time I won't save it for the last day.

MeanStreaker

Miki, you're welcome back anytime.  And when you wear that sweatshirt...... I'll cover ya. :)
--Thomas Paine

GoldFish

Being a Wolverine in a land full of Buckeyes, you'll take a lot of flak, especially around Dinky.  However, they never actually try doing anything to you besides make fun of you, so you'll be fine.  Great having you here Miki!  Welcome anytime.

--GF
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Luna

Outstanding event.  It was great to reconnect with the Ohio Appleseed team and to meet the border raiders. The George T, Nurse Ratchet and the Athens club hit another level of excellence in hospitality.  

The Sunday service by Boba Fett was both inspirational and motivating.  Thank you.  

Dinky and Meanstreaker always put on a professional event and this was no exception.  

Thank you to the Young Patriots who attended. Your enthusiasm and energy is contagious.  Young Daniel asked if he could help carry my gear out to my car Monday when I was a little under the weather.  He carried my range bag out through the snow while telling me about his high scores on the AQT's. A Rifleman in the making but already a gentleman.   Just an example of the quality of these Young Patriots.

See you all on the trail real soon.    PS Little Luna thanks everyone for the treats.

Miki

Ahem...yes, 'young patriots' that's what I meant to say. I do apologize for the 'junior' reference.

Ishy

I learned so much at the IBC!  I met lots of great instructors and saw several awesome people I already knew.   :cool2:  Thanks to you guys who travelled long distances to water the seed in Athens.

Here are my pictures:
http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/saranbean/Athens%20IBC/

Ishy
"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

Sheepdog

Wow! Lots of great pictures. Hello to the familiar faces and welcome to all the new help. Looks like a great IBC.
--Sheepdog
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

Boba Fett

Quote from: Sheepdog on March 02, 2010, 08:59:08 PM
Wow! Lots of great pictures. Hello to the familiar faces and welcome to all the new help. Looks like a great IBC.
--Sheepdog

SHEEPDOG !!!!!  :D   Pleasant surprise to see you here. Didn't expect to find you on the Ohio board.

Miss you buddy!  O0

BF