News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 After Action Reports from other sources

Started by ItsanSKS, February 01, 2010, 11:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

Appleseed gets mentioned on the NRA web site:
http://nrablog.com/post/2010/07/21/Meet-2010-Youth-Education-Summit-participants-Janson-Card-Victoria-Schlotzhauer.aspx

A little off key but it is there and thanks to Jansen Card from Spokane for mentioning us!  (BTW, what is your forum handle?)
Maybe a Coeur d'Alene alumni?

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Is

Here is my personal perspective AAR for the Ramseur, NC event Dec 18-19 2010. This being my second Appleseed, I am really thrilled with the level of knowledge and friendliness of the instructors. They are what makes the program!

http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/Thread-Appleseed-Ramseur-12-18-12-19
"One of the penalties of not participating in politics is that you will be governed by your inferiors." -Plato
http://www.ncgunowners.com

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

Wheeler44

Sounds like a shoot at Wades place....That would've been Earl or RL...Way to go fellas..
I know that he would have heard some history on the second day had he only stayed through lunch.

W44

Way to go Washington crew...Enjoy your well deserved hibernation.
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Earl

;D Yeah, but I checked the Appleseed, and the pictures and Wheeler44 was definitely there. ^-^ He was laughing at me during this shooter's Rifleman presentation... it is all there digital photography rules! ^:)^
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

hawkhavn

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

JustJeff

Quote from: hawkhavn on January 11, 2011, 08:47:42 PM
Looks like a Wisconsin shoot to me...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/what-thing-called-appleseed-36780/

HH

Quite a few Appleseed threads on that forum... along with a couple of identifiable Appleseed Instructors.  Only a little misinformation in any of them, and they were promptly corrected by folks 'in the know.'
I really enjoy reading posts in different forums from folks who've 'finally' attended a Seed in their area....
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Old Glory!

Mr. KiloGulf indeed!  :bow: :bow: :bow:  An excellent example of how a person can promote Appleseed in the comfort of their own home.   He has a good way of keeping it interesting.  Glad to have him and the family on the WI team.  

Excellent way to spread the word!

Quote from: hawkhavn on January 11, 2011, 08:54:51 PM
Mr. KiloGulf is taking to that 7th step like a Master:
http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27029
http://www.familyfriendsfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1119981

:)

HH
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Camljr

Link to a report from Bakersfield College (The RIP) reporter, Gregory Cook,  on the Bakersfield Appleseed on February 26-27, 2011.

http://media.www.therip.com/media/storage/paper443/news/2011/03/02/Features/Appleseed.Teaches.Heritage.Marksmanship-3982483.shtml
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

The Machine

"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"

HectorFuego

Here's a link to an AAR on the shoot which got me involved in Appleseed, in June of 2009.  Lots of great pictures starting on page 2.  About halfway down on page 3, I'm the fat old man in the striped shirt, shooting an 03A3 Springfield.  This was at the Pioneer Gun Club range near Bates City, MO.  Total on the line was 62 IIRC.  It was a great shoot with great weather both days. 

The photographer was the only one to get his patch the first day. 

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=360614&page=1

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

doubleLL

We have had huge success here in Texas partnering with the DIVA-WOW group.

Here are two AAR's from attendees about our last two Appleseeds:

June 4-5th- Lake Jackson, Texas
http://shootdontshoot.wordpress.com/

May 29-30 - Memorial Day Weekend - DFW Quail Creek
http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=8420&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=20110531-Blog-MemorialDayAppleseed

And yes Cheaper than dirt is interested in doing something with Appleseed.  :)   :)
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Old Glory!

Good work Texas.  O0

Any of the Divas vacationing in cooool Wisconsin are invited to attend the Ladyseed at Lodi, WI August 28-29, 2011

Register here:
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1681634815%20%20%20%20%20
..:..
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

PHenry

QuoteThanks to the lead instructors, BlueFeather, TaosGlock, LongRifle and NMMI.

No real surprise there.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cooper

Quote from: PHenry on November 22, 2011, 07:21:40 PM
QuoteThanks to the lead instructors, BlueFeather, TaosGlock, LongRifle and NMMI.

No real surprise there.  O0
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Mudcat

Wrong place
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington