News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Psst... Hey, Minnesotans... Over here... You wanna know something?

Started by AFTERMATH, January 31, 2010, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

!!!!Attention Minnesotans, One and All!!!-------!!!MUSTER UP!!!
On the evening of April 18, 1775; continuing through the morning of the next day; our alarm riders like Paul Revere were able to muster 14,000 men with arms, to answer the call of Liberty. The men who answered the call would find themselves guilty of treason against the king of England. That's assuming they would survive the coming battle.
Two men left Boston with the message that the Redcoats were coming; using only a primitive system of riders, alarm bells, and other signals which we would consider archaic in this great modern era of internet and cell phones. Those two men; William Dawes and Paul Revere; were able to alert thousands of their fellow Americans to the coming danger. By the end of April 19th, 1775; 14,000 men had mustered and were heading to the battle. I'd say that's rather impressive for a bunch of farmers and artisans.
Could we possibly replicate that today?
I don't believe so.
With all the modern conveniences of cell phones, internet and text messaging....... See More
I don't think the modern American is up to it.
How many could you muster???
1000? 100? 10? 1???
Well, here's YOUR chance to prove me wrong!
The Revolutionary War Veterans Association will be conducting a 'Virtual' Muster-Night.
This event will be held from 19:00-21:00, on the evening of February 2, 2010-A.D.
We're not asking you to pick up your muskets. We're not even asking you to leave your home!
We just want to see how many we can get to 'muster' on the forum at one time.
That's right, from the comfort of your own couch, you can be a part of a record-breaking attempt to see how many Patriots we can get on the internet at the same time!
I'll be there on the virtual green.
Will YOU stand beside me?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow MINNESOTANS?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow APPLESEEDERS?
Will YOU stand beside your fellow AMERICANS?
Will YOU stand with us, at the Nineteenth hour, of the Second day of February; Anno Domini, Two-thousand Ten

Official RWVA Muster Announcement

***Rally on the MN board-Our contemporary, Liberty Pole***
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

:wall: I've just come to the realization that this coincides with MN's caucus'.....
Hmmm.....
How can a Rifleman be in two places at once?
Iprovise, adapt, persist. 
Brain-storming time...
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

AFTERMATH

TheDud

TheDud reporting as requested  O0

Let's get this show on the road! :---

BrassBucket

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

TheDud

Looks like the inmates are running the asylum!  How is everyone doing tonight?

Greg in MO

Regional Coordinator checking in...  I expect great things from you guys this year.  Let me know what I can do to help coordinate shoots or get instructors to them!

Greg

javaguy

North Branch checking in!  Its going to be a big year in MN for Appleseed.  Looking fwd to the Duluth AS in April.  Will we need our snow shovels?

TheDud

Quote from: javaguy on February 02, 2010, 09:35:41 PM
North Branch checking in!  Its going to be a big year in MN for Appleseed.  Looking fwd to the Duluth AS in April.  Will we need our snow shovels?

Aftermath and I were up there last week, and I was there today... I just put on the bibs and flopped down in the snow  ;)

The range gets plowed and snowblown, so it will get cleaned up if there is snow on the ground.

Hopefully we'll need have to run traffic control because the event will be sold out!

GRYPHON

"Those who have lost Freedom have nothing left to lose"

Archangel

"Those who have the spears, rule" Plato

javaguy

We want to get back to the Hinckely range soon.  Got that annual membership I need to put to good use  ;)

TheDud

AFTERMATH is trying to get here - but I hope everyone is checking out the radio show

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/appleseedradio/

And the Muster threads at the top of the forum!

TheDud

Quote from: javaguy on February 02, 2010, 10:25:28 PM
We want to get back to the Hinckely range soon.  Got that annual membership I need to put to good use  ;)

Duluth is closer... we'll have to get you out here for an afternoon before April  :---

javaguy

Quote from: TheDud on February 02, 2010, 10:27:41 PM
Quote from: javaguy on February 02, 2010, 10:25:28 PM

Duluth is closer... we'll have to get you out here for an afternoon before April  :---
Sounds good! What is the max distance of your range?  AS encourages folks to shoot at distance when possible.  Kinda hard to find anything approaching 600 yds around here.

vmt193

SE checking in. Good to see everybody here!  ^:)^ Especially some of you lurkers.  :cool2:

Joe308, good to see you're still around. Winona "08" seems like forever ago now.

BB, have you got that "Dud" shooting to the point that he's starting to scare you yet?

TheDud

Quote from: vmt193 on February 02, 2010, 10:33:36 PM
SE checking in. Good to see everybody here!  ^:)^ Especially some of you lurkers.  :cool2:

Joe308, good to see you're still around. Winona "08" seems like forever ago now.

BB, have you got that "Dud" shooting to the point that he's starting to scare you yet?

She's sitting across the room, and said to tell you that she's using the ".50 cal rule" to try and help me out, but I'm still coming up a dozen or so points short on my latest AQT.

vmt193

Maybe you should be looking into Brown Bess. It would be tough to still have problems with that .75 Cal. rule.  **)

javaguy

Quote from: TheDud on February 02, 2010, 10:36:20 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on February 02, 2010, 10:33:36 PM

She's sitting across the room, and said to tell you that she's using the ".50 cal rule" to try and help me out, but I'm still coming up a dozen or so points short on my latest AQT.

For me it was 1 of the 6 steps to taking the shot that held me back - it was an inconsistent cheek weld in my case.  For my son, we practiced a bunch on our little backyard 25m range, and it was the follow-through after the trigger pull (holding the trigger back).  In BOTH cases it was pretty much ONE aspect that held us just under 200.  Sounds like you are getting close to a breakthrough!

TheDud

Quote from: vmt193 on February 02, 2010, 10:43:50 PM
Maybe you should be looking into Brown Bess. It would be tough to still have problems with that .75 Cal. rule.  **)

I have been looking for an excuse to buy a repro Kentucky Rifle, I think .50 cal will be enough, though I am not sure I can get off 10 shots in 65 seconds from prone :---

Don't know if you heard, but BrassBucket and I tied the knot - so she now has limited new firearm aquisition veto powers   ~~:)

vmt193

Quote from: TheDud on February 02, 2010, 10:46:51 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on February 02, 2010, 10:43:50 PM
Maybe you should be looking into Brown Bess. It would be tough to still have problems with that .75 Cal. rule.  **)

I have been looking for an excuse to buy a repro Kentucky Rifle, I think .50 cal will be enough, though I am not sure I can get off 10 shots in 65 seconds from prone :---

Don't know if you heard, but BrassBucket and I tied the knot - so she now has limited new firearm aquisition veto powers   ~~:)

WOO HOO! Congratulations!  O0 Now you just have to buy stuff in pairs.

AFTERMATH

Well, I made it to the check-in....
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wb: :wb: :wb:
I hope my computer stayed on long enough to be in the log-in record.
:wb: :wall: :wb: :wall: :wb: :wall:
I was stuck at an extremely slow caucus...  We were done by 20:00 last year...
:wall: :wall: :wb: :wall: :wb: :wall:
Note: taking part in the political process is a %$@%
However, I can rest knowing I've done my part for tonight...

Thank you to all whom took the time to log on here and make this expirament a success!
It doesn't look like we got 14,000...
But we did break the record!
Scout estimates that we had sum of well over 600 through-out the 2 hour period.
We even drew out a few new faces.  And a few old ones!
Thank you! And welcome!
We are making history; by relating history.
Stick with us; and together our names will be written throught the annuls....
Someday your descendents; children, grandchildren, great grandchildren; will look to you and say...
"Were you there?  Did you really save America?  How did you do it?  Why did we need to save our country? Thank you Grandpa, thank you Grandma.  Can you teach ME how to shoot now?"
Years from now; after you've been well-seasoned from the Trail; you'll be able to look at them and answer there questions.
You'll be able to say; "I was there." 
You'll also be able to pass on all the wisdom you aquired along the way.
Yes, my fellow Appleseeders, we shall prevail.

Thank you.

AFTERMATH

By the way; if we have any 'Guests' currently on line reading this; get signed up an check in!
I look forward to meeting you!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: BrassBucket on February 02, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
BrassBucket representin' the Duluth Contingent!

By the way; your promotion is official!

Congrat's on the Orange Hat!

Old Glory!

Hoping to make it to at least 1 MN Appleseed this year to meet all the folks that VMT, Aftermath and Whisker have rounded up.   Watch for the WI IBC mid June for those of you that have taken up the orange hat.   

AM, thinking about running for office?  First MN Appleseeder in the MN assembly?   ummmhmmm....
;D
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

AFTERMATH

QuoteAM, thinking about running for office?  First MN Appleseeder in the MN assembly?   ummmhmmm....

Ok, OK!  You beat it outta me!

AFTERMATH for President 2024

Huzza!