News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ILLINOIS & REGIONAL- INSTRUCTOR BOOT CAMP

Started by Pappy, December 28, 2009, 10:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello Group; Yes its just a bit early, but if you know me thats the way I like to start. So when you come LOOKING=== this is where you will find the skinny on the RECORD BREAKING IBC!!!!!!! ^:)^ ..:.. :~ :--- :)) @@) Call your Pals and tell em your NOT GOING TO MISS IT!!!!! &) @) :--- ;) ;D Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Pappy

Hello Group; This would be a great time for those of you who have items to trade, to find a new home for your items or trade for a new item. NO JUNK. All state and Federal laws apply. No full time dealers. For items to trade have a 3X5 card with your ITEM and Price or terms along with name.... We will post these for all to see... Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Gopher Boy

If I knew an IBC was going to be this much fun I would have gone sooner!  Wait this was only the first one that fit into my schedule.  I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend.  I think Illiconsin is on it's way and in very good hand.  The only bad part is only one day left  :(

I'm sure we'll make the most out of it or Fred and The Guy will bust out the clown bats  &)

G.B.

SecurePeace

My experience at the IBC was 100% positive.  I learned more about marksmanship,  our heritage and myself in those two days than I had ever expected.
It feels great to experience such an awakening.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right name

SkyHawk

I agree with all Secure Peace states and would like to add how invigorating it was to meet all the great people that attended.  Sure the work ahead is hard, but one feels there is hope judging by the quality and quantity of people who turned out for this event.  Big Thanks for Pappy and Mrs. who made this all possible with their gracious hospitality.  Thanks to Guy for everything he brings to any event he attends and to the other leaders who made this such a rich experience.  Great also to meet all the others outside of Illinois who made the long trek into our state thereby confirming Illinois ROCKS!!!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

John Boch

Templar223 checking in here.

Fifty people turned out from about seven or eight states to sharpen their instructing skills, hence the name "Instructor Boot Camp."  About 35 or more of these people were "new" instructors, or IITs in Appleseed lingo.  

Story time.
I was very proud to share an inside look at how Appleseed as grown in Illinois.  I recall reading Fred's articles about the fledgling program in Shotgun News over the course of 2006 and in the fall of 2006, I spoke with some fellow board members of Guns Save Life where I serve as VP, including John N. (known as "The Editor" here) and we agreed that we, as GSL, would pay all of the costs of renting the Bloomington range at Darnall's if Fred and his people could provide the instructors.

Appleseed volunteers were very prompt and excited about our offer and after a few emails, it was on.   The Guy  was instrumental in nourishing our piqued interest.  He was in a great position to do so as he was on our board of directors around that time and he gave a great history presentation at one of our meetings to share the excitement with our members in person.  

We promoted the event in GunNews and if memory serves me right, when that day in May arrived, we had the second largest Appleseed event (after the big Evansville, IN event a few months before) ever to that time.   We even had a very special guest at that event. Yes, Fred even came to visit us and help instruct at that event.

Fast forward not quite three years and the RWVA has a huge IBC right here in IL.  Kudos to RWVA in its phenomenal growth.  And now I find myself wearing an orange hat, along with lots of others, soon to be on the Appleseed trail, helping to teach more awakening Americans in learning and sharpening rifleman skills and learning about the nation's heritage.  

At the IBC:
Pappy and his wife are VERY kind and generous hosts, allowing us free run of his house, including the man cave.  Food was plentiful and good, most of it cooked up by Pappy and his wife.  Many thanks to them.  

Plenty of room for everyone to sleep and if you were willing to get up a bit early, you could even sneak in a shower in the morning.  

And everyone was very nice.  It was as if it was a big family event.  The people there were simply outstanding - the kind of people wise men surround themselves with.  

Personally, I had a good time and learned plenty of new things, and I may shamelessly steal some of the techniques I learned from some of the veteran Red Hats in courses I help teach at gsldefensetraining.com.  

I found the "hands on" parts most helpful where new instructors were taught the Appleseed way and then "taught back" what they learned to veteran instructors.   Allowing for more of that would be my only suggestion to improve the IBC.  Embarrassment at not getting it right when doing it "live" makes for some fast memory work.

Also insightful were practical experiences of veteran instructors in how they've handled a host of issues at events.

I'll throw up some photos tomorrow as time permits.  Still catching up from getting home.

Hope everyone else had a good a time.

Looking forward to learning more about Appleseed's way of teaching at upcoming events.  I wish I could hang back and learn but I have a feeling I'll be thrown directly into the frying pan, as many have been before me.

John

Jungle George

I attended the Illinois IBC this weekend and all I have to say is OH MY GOSH!! it was awesome.  I got to meet old friends again and made many new ones on the AS trail.  I learned all kinds of stuff, one I have to share from Colycat he said "your front site is like your two children one good and one bad".  your front site your bad child you always have to keep focused on, will do just the opposite of what you tell it to do, you tell it to go up and the (bullet) goes down, you tell it to go down and the (bullet) goes up.  The rear  site the good one, you tell it to go left and it goes left, your tell it to go right and it goes right.  I always had to stop and think about it when I was adjusting sights, no more.
   On the way home I practiced the six steps, and American history, and exercised my range voice as Patriot Gal taught us. Good stuff, the rusty gears were turning on the way home.
   I have been to the RBC in Osage and the IBC in Ottawa, in the heart of America and you could not ask for better hosts. If you haven't been to one better sign up ASAP, you will see me at these two again!!

JG   
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

MeanStreaker

It was a pleasure spending the weekend with everyone.  Thanks to everyone involved, especially Pappy and Mrs. Pappy. 

And Fred, the wife's hat was very, very well received.  O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Gumballhead

Hi Everyone!

I heard a good joke...12 riflemen walk into a bar...

Just unwinding from a great weekend!  It was so good to finally meet so many of you, and rally sit back and take notice of what we have in our region.  The caliber of instructors is beyond comparison.  I enjoyed fine tuning my instructing skills, and learning quite a bit of new information.  I think the highlight for me was making a strike at 200 years with my M-1, in the snow!  All of what we've been teaching does indeed work.  I'm glad to have had this opportunity, and will use it to help me teach others.

A big thank you to Pappy & Mrs. Pappy.  Your hospitality was gracious, and the accommodations, top notch.  Thank you for opening your home to us.

As for the rest of yous...really, really good to meet you all.  One of our strengths in this program is our diversity.  I learned new ways to do old things, and I think it will really help me on the trail.  The food was top-notch, and the company was great!

Another big thank you to Fred.  Thank you for dropping in and helping us with our IBC.  I never expected to get the chance to meet you so soon.  It's good to know you have as much interest in this program as we do!

I look forward to seeing most of yous out there.

Whats the first safety rule??!!

John Boch

John Boch

Sorry Pappy!

Gopher Boy

Quote from: Boba Fett on January 19, 2010, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: Gumballhead on January 19, 2010, 11:28:22 AM

Just ask Short shot.  ;)

Well it just goes to show us.  If we learned nothing else from this IBC, When in doubt find the nearest 12 year old.    **)

Boba Fett

Quote from: Gopher Boy on January 19, 2010, 02:30:46 PM

Just ask Short shot.  ;)

Well it just goes to show us.  If we learned nothing else from this IBC, When in doubt find the nearest 12 year old.    **)

She's only 9............ and a half.  ^-^

BF

javaguy

Hi All

I had an outstanding weekend - way to go Illinois !  The quality instruction and wonderful hospitality made this 'boot camp' experience extremely valuable for me.  I came in knowing pretty much only the safety rules and an outline of the 6-steps, and quickly found myself in the deep-end of the pool, trying to 'get it' to the point of being able to instruct someone else.  Absorbing, synthesizing..  and then trying to present IMC instruction to EEL.  hahaha  (I'll report that he was very helpful and did not reduce me to tears)  ;D

Boba Fett - thanks for sharing on Sun morning..  It was a good word and I needed to hear it.
Pappy and Mrs Pappy - THANK you for opening up your home and blessing us with your hospitality.

After The Guy's admonition to 'never leave home without it', I will be correcting my ways!  The Guy - your teaching style is very effective.

A real treat to meet Fred - thank you for attending this IBC.  Like Gumballhead, I never expected to get a chance to meet you anytime soon. Thanks
for sharing your powerful vision for this program.  I am hoping to help advance the mission of Appleseed here in MN and this was just the orientation and grounding I needed.

I got to work on my material on the way home.  See a red car - do IMC.  Blue truck, do steady-hold factors, etc...

Great to meet you all - looking forward to seeing you again on the Appleseed trail !

Javaguy

LayloPro

When in doubt find the nearest 12 year old.

Wasn't that something Guy said?? Or was that for the comeups @ 500 yds....I forget right now...... **) :))

It looks as tho' this was a premier event for AS, and the folks look like they are not only learning, but having fun doing it to boot.....

How great is it to be able to hang out with -that many- great folks, all under one roof?? O0 :bow: O0

Absolutely awesome!!

And Pappy, you did a real good job there of cleaning up the man cave for all those folks......do you have your ideas yet for the "new improved" casting setup yet? @@) ;)

Mrs Pappy, congrats on doing the host's job so well & graciously, as I know you did.....I see happy folks! :bow:

Guys, I can't tell ya all how much I would have rather been there..... :-\

And yeah, Illinois(ucks) is getting it's feet under it.....you guys get 'er dun, all right?!?! It's time to -ROCK-!!

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Garand69

13 Rifleman walk into a bar..... **) **) **) **) **)

An IBC Attendance Record Annihilated!!!!
^:)^
50!!!!!

Yes you read that correctly!! 50 Attendees from 9 States!!!!!!! ^:)^

Of course you may be thinking how the heck can you possibly get the message across at an IBC with 50 attendees!! This was echoed to me a time or two by Fred the Helpful, I said Fred, this is Illinois, we are good to go!

Well here is the break down folks, it explains how it's done!!

Our Instructor Team consisted of 18 dedicated Appleseeders from 7 different States!

IL = 7, WI = 4, OH = 2, IN = 2, MO = 1, MI = 1, NC =1

Of that crowd, the Head Honcho, 1 MI, 3 SI's, 7 SB's, 2 1/2 SC's, 6 RH's

Then you have an excellent group of  32 IIT/Volunteers eager to learn and ready to hit the trail!!

IL = 21, MO = 6, WI = 3, MN = 1, IA = 1

Of course enough cannot possibly be said about the incredible hospitality of Mr. & Mrs. Pappy!! It takes a ton of dedication to allow 50 people into your home, many of whom you have never met, and make them feel like old Friends! Truly Amazing, and again THANKYOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION!!

I also want to give thanks to all of those who brought plenty of excellent food for our potluck style meals, and cookies galore!!! I must have gained 12 lbs this weekend!! :o

Friday night was a great time to catch up and meet new Friends while planning the strategy for the weekend.  This allowed Saturday to go off with out a hitch... almost. Saturday Morning started out quite entertaining. Otis the Drunken Labrador swung by to greet our campers, seems TreadCarefully's TeePee reminded Otis of a mountain to climb! While we all had a good chuckle inside eating breakfast ;D

The rest of the Day went without a hitch....almost. The phone rings....... it's Fred. OK OK no need to panic yet.... So we took the call in the top secret and secure Man Cave. Of course Fred was doing a bit of info mining, how many? How many Instructors? etc etc etc. Of course the word of his IL/SC wasn't Good enough so I passed the phone over to EEL.....

Yes Fred.....were fine Fred....no troubles at all Fred...we're good to go Fred...

We look at each other after the call, what was that about???

Then it happened, 30 minutes after the call, the alarm goes off....Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Fred Alert, Fred Alert, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop (we had that installed after last years suprise visit **) ) Unfortunately we had not completed the DIVE!! DIVE!! function to the Basement yet, and with 50 people, undetected escape was impossible!

So we immediately hid all of the couches and TVs in a quick smooth Team Building Exercise! Boy was that close!! And then we got to work.

We finished Saturday off with a thumbs up or down vote....100% up

Sunday morning started off without a hitch. A few tail draggers from the top-secret meeting that stretched to nearly 2AM the night before, but we all perked up and smiled when Otis the Drunken Labrador Returned to harass the campers again! and then settled down for an optional Sunday Service ala Boba Fett

Then, just after Breakfast the phone rang.... It's Fred

It seems when Fred slipped out the night before, unbeknownest to him, he had a passenger...Ole' Sluefoot. Seems Ole' Sluefoot loves to skitch on the back of cars when it slippery out, and he grabbed onto Fred's rear bumper and skitched all the way back to where Fred was staying. Fred didn't see him then, but as he was going down the driveway in the morning to return to the IBC, there he was...Ole' Sluefoot standing right in the driveway waiting to give Fred some Harassment. Seems Sluefoot was pretty mad about just missing Fred last year and 2010 was payback time.

Well luckily for Fred, his wits were about him, and he had Pappy's number already dialed when Sluefoot knocked him off the driveway and he was stuck in the snow! That quick thinking gave him just enough time to get the mesaage out to Pappy with a location before Sluefoots breath blocked his cell reception!
Well Pappy looked at me, and I knew without a word what had happened. Been there done that last year when Sluefoot knocked me off the driveway on the way out of the Dec-2008 IBC.

Well, we had to act fast, we yelled in unison....Is There A Clown In The House!!!! As luck would have it, a retired clown stepped forward....GopherBoy said, how can I help?

Do you by chance have a Clown Bat, we asked??, as luck would have it he did have a spare Clown Bat!! We grabbed the Clown Bat and rushed it out to Ginger, the Heroic Chocolate Lab from Last years IBC. We gave her the Clown Bat and Fred's Location.

She rushed off in a Flash, and got to Fred just in the nick of time!! In a simultaneous move she tossed the Clown Bat to Fred and took a chunk out of Ole' Sluefoots leg. And working as a Team, Fred and Ginger the Wonderdog gave Ole' Sluefoot one heck of a Workover!! ..:.. &) ..:.. ~~:)

When they got the chance to go for it, Ginger pulled the car out of it's precarious situation, and thus Fred was able to attend Day 2 of the World's Largest IBC!!!

Of course this really irritated the Cat, who was was still tired of hearing about the brave Ginger, so she was a tad anti-social, but that was a small price to pay for Fred's safe return!

Thanks Gopher Boy for remembering the oath you took at Clown School....Never leave home with out a Clown Bat!

Day two poll.... 100% Thumbs up

Day Three started out as usuall, Otis the Drunken Lab doing a run by, and we all started about an hour later than the previous 2 mornings. We covered the rest of our POI ontime and got in a bit of actual shooting with a zero at 25 and a confirmation at 200 for about half of those left (the rest had to put up with me inside doing a mock Appleseed.). We then buttoned it up with EEL's Benidiction (Thanks EEL! O0 )

Day three the poll was 100% two-thumbs up!

It was great to meet you all and build that comraderie that the success of the Appleseed Project depends on! I look forward to seeing you all on the trail and observe your Orange Hats turn Red over the Year! I think Pappy's Cannon is going to be real busy this year!

I hope to see you ALL at the Waterman Get the Rust Out Shoot in March!! Not only will you get to work out that new found Instructor Skills, you will get a work out on the 600yd range as well!!

So in the meantime, make your lists, do your homework, dry-fire dry-fire, and get ready for this time next year!! we will need all of you to help teach the next record IBC.... 100+ (don't laugh, we are already working on the location!)

Don't forget the IBC in Ohio, Feb. 13-15/10!!! http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=11184.0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Boba Fett

There really just isn't words to adequately describe events like this. So many great people, such great progress made, such a magical time that almost doesn't seem real OR even possible. Boot camps of any kind (at least the RBC and IBC I've been to) are like temporarily stepping off this planet and into some suburb of heaven for 3-5 days.  @) It's only been one day and already I miss everyone terribly.  :'( :'( This past weekend blew away all my expectations.

Pappy and Mrs. Pappy.... Holy Shnike!!!!!!  :o   You two are the best!  O0 I cannot believe how you two made everything "work" as smoothly as it did.

Red Hat's of all ranks and sizes: Thank You !!  :bow: :bow: There is no greater gift than for a man (or woman) to lay down his life for another and while most people take that Biblical reference to mean dying for someone else, it actually means more than that. Laying down your life for someone can certainly mean dying for them to physically save their life (and I know so many Appleseeders who would do that for another as would I), but in this context it also means "giving of your life" to someone else to make their life better. Laying down your life is an act of selflessness. An act of love. A privilege we've been given to Bless someone else... free of charge. It's something everyone in Appleseed understands because we do it at every Appleseed. You folks went beyond the call this weekend to come to an IBC for three days and pour yourselves into us both day and night. Thank you for your time, your wisdom, your love, and your willingness to lay down your lives for us IIT's this past weekend. It was greatly appreciated. I too loved Coly's analogy regarding sight adjustments and having one good kid and one bad one. It really sticks the point in your mind. I'll never forget which way to turn those adjustments again.  ^:)^

More later, including pictures... I'm still digesting.... both figuratively and literally. ;D I've never eaten so much in all my life. If this kind of hospitality keeps up at events like this, we're going to need to look at partnering with weight watchers and work out some kind of trade agreement.  :D

BF

14.....14......14......14......     **)

Gopher Boy

Quote from: Boba Fett on January 19, 2010, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: Gopher Boy on January 19, 2010, 02:30:46 PM

Just ask Short shot.  ;)

She's only 9............ and a half.  ^-^

BF
What can I say,  She's Gifted!  Way to go Short Shot! O0

EEL

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Garand69

Quote from: EEL on January 19, 2010, 07:24:09 PM
It was great.

EEL

It was great....... It was Great?? .... All you got is it was great!!!!

Why I oughtta &) &) &)
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

EEL

**)   **)   **)   **)   **)   **)   ^:)^

Gotcha!!!  You didn't really think that I could sum up this event that easily, did you?  #)  Nor could I have soooo few words.  I mean, how is "It was great" gonna make ANYONE cry?   :'(

I cannot say enough about the support we received from our neighbors  O0   :bow:  I can't begin to express our gratitude to those that enjoy much more freedoms than we do coming out to help not just the Illinois cause, but Appleseed as a whole.  I don't know where we would be without the help of our neighbors.  Riders were sent out in all directions.  Every state with contiguous borders (It's OK Kentucky, we know you were there in spirit) responded to the "call to arms".  And just for good measure, Michigan, Minnesoooota, Ohio, and N. Carolina came along.  Men hurrying, with a purpose, men responding to a call for help, traveling from states not directly in peril, all converging on Concord Ottawa.

The ghosts of our forefathers came alive this weekend here in Illinois.  The thoughts, ideals and values of the American Rifleman are not outdated.  They live on in each and every one of us.

Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.

I firmly believe that we made our forefathers smile just a little this past weekend.  Gave them a glimmer of hope that they shall not have to repent.  That their sacrifices were not in vain. That Liberty lives on in the hearts and minds of Appleseeders all across this Nation.

Thanks again to all that gave up their precious time and allowed us to pass on some instruction to them this weekend.  It was an honor to be a part of such a dedicated group of Americans!!

Now let's hit the trail and wake up a few thousand more slumbering Americans.

EEL

MamaBear

Petrified.  :-\ :'(

This is the word that immediately entered my mind when I heard that we would not only be learning at the IBC, but TEACHING in front of EVERYONE (and quite possibly Fred  :sos: )

I always thought that teaching in front of instructors would be much harder than teaching at an Appleseed- and, in a way, it is.  And it should be.  How else will we improve? These are the men and women who, at some point or another, have been that scared-to-death IIT and it was only through the help of other more experienced instructors (and courage) that they were able to advance to the level at which they are today.  I cannot thank them enough for putting up with me for the weekend.  I asked many questions and I wasn't satisfied until I heard a "great job" come out of their mouths- so consequently, I asked to redo my presentation several times (sorry Meanstreaker  ++) )

IMC, at one time, was my undoing.  I could never explain it (easily) to a shooter.  I knew how to do it and could zero a rifle in my sleep, but I could not present it well.  After this weekend, I am no longer afraid that the shooters will want to shoot me after my IMC presentation. WooT!!  ^:)^

Steady hold factors-forgetaboutit!  I've got those bad boys down. COLD.  O0

On to more important things...A big MISSOURI THANK YOU to Pappy and Mrs. Pappy- You were both such gracious hosts.  It shows tremendous dedication to open your home to complete strangers!  I felt completely at home and never wanted for a thing!   Y'all took care of us like we were family and I am so appreciative of that.  (Oh, and Pappy, even as a "chick", I was in complete awe of the Man Cave!  :bow: )

The experience as a whole was amazing, and I'm so glad I made the 8.5 hr trip to join in on the fun! I do not consider anyone involved in Appleseed as a stranger...only a friend that I have not yet had the pleasure to meet! and it was indeed a pleasure to meet every single one of you and to see some of you again  O0  I look forward to seeing you all again on the trail!

MamaBear
(Kori)

"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

NoFoMoHo

Nice to meet you all even though I wasnt introduced to you all! It was fun to learn and practice, but hard to learn about the IMC and the long range stuff, but i think i got it...maybe thanks to Guy.  I thought it was very productive and very fun to get to fellowship with everyone!

Uncle Eel it was great to see you, by the way, you got something on your chin...no the other one!  **)   **) 

Garand....  &)  You got it coming next time   &)

Thanks to Pappy and Mrs. Pappy especially for the blanket on Sunday night...I was very warm!

It was nice to see Coly and OG again and it was nice to meet new folks; Ashes, Aftermath, Templar, MamaBear, Dinky, Trish, AhhShoot, Gopherboy, CookieLady, SOL, MeanStreaker, Endpoint, Jungle George, Gumballhead, DOM,  etc.. Sorry i cannot think of everyone because there was so many! It would have been easier to remember if I would have been on time and heard introductions!  !@#)

And of course Carol and Phil always a pleasure!

I cannot wait to see you all on the trail and put to use my newfound knowledge from this wonderful, long, exciting, cold, weekend! 

~NotfromMontanaHannah~

-Breath in, breath out, relax-

Bill 3

Quote from: MamaBear on January 19, 2010, 08:03:37 PM

IMC, at one time, was my undoing.  I could never explain it (easily) to a shooter.  I knew how to do it and could zero a rifle in my sleep, but I could not present it well.  After this weekend, I am no longer afraid that the shooters will want to shoot me after my IMC presentation. WooT!!  ^:)^

That's what it's all about.....

And .5 says hi to everyone as she feels a bit guilty for not being there....

Was truly a great event to see so many people in one place for a purpose and to see that purpose moved forward.  Thank you to every one that came.  It will make a difference!

- WRWIII
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

Ashes

What a great joy to meet everyone at this IBC!
A big THANK YOU to all the Red Hats instructing for all the encouragement and support.
Another big THANK YOU to Pappy and Mrs. Pappy for the wonderful hospitality in sharing their home with us.

My brain is still a-whirling with Steady Hold, Inches>MOA>Clicks, Holdovers, drop calcs, names, dates, and pride in our Heritage.

Finally...
The answer really is 42...  **)
In my case this was the last set of corrections for my sights 4 clicks windage and 2 clicks elevation which were written on my hand.
Which I wish I had applied to the sights before shooting at the gong at 200 yards...  :wall:

The Guy

My innital thought was @#%$^ :sos: at the innital numbers.  :P

The last one was rough as it was.

However, I had more good help at this one, praise the Lord, so it went better than last year.

I couldn't do it alone, but due to some old hands stepping up, we went forward and excelled. 

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

There were times where we were even ahead of "schedule", and we managed to get through the POI, excelently prepared by our own Master Planner Junior Birdman.  He will most likely never know how much we appreciate his input and hard work, so to help combat this, please send him a PM thanking him for it.

With out the POI to keep things straight, we would have been very disjointed indeed.

It feels like we are winning.  To get an IBC with these numbers, how can we not be.  The spread of states, the effort, it all seemed like Fred's plan is progressing.  We want to double each year, and it seems we are.  In terms of preparedness to face the numbers, the way the I/IITs pull together, the comraderie, the willingness to work hard, etc.

The future looks bright accross the board.

I feel better about our chances than before last weekend.

Pappy and Jarret deserve kudos beyond expression for their willingness to put up with 50 folks in their very nice home for three days.  Had those people been any but Appleseeders, I wonder if they would have been able to tolerate them.  Speaks well of the guests.  Thank you!!

In 1775, men and women from 13 basicly seperate countries agreed that something must be done.  They set aside personal diferences to come together as one, to overcome.  Today is no diferent, in the situation, and we must do the same.  We may not all agree on the particulars, but the Mission remains.  I hope we can all adapt to eachother and rise above to do what is needed to again overcome (peacefully that is!!).  As I see the folks from 7 states come together for three glorious days, and get loads of work done, often into the wee hours of the morning, I feel like we are on the right track.

I have said it before, and I will say it again.  No matter where else you go in this nation, you will not find a finer cross section of good people anywhere else.  Appleseed attracts the finest.

We have a big year looking us straight in the face.  10,000 Appleseeders!

We can do it.

Keep the Faith,

Guy

EEL

Aaaahemmmm,  Guy, you know that Fred is looking for that memo.  You know, the one about the no more "ucks" at the end of Illinois.  How about it?  Think you can bring yourself to post it here?  @)

It may not be Missouri or Montana....or 46 other states for that matter (yet).......but with the folks on board that we have.........I believe we are quickly quickly moving in that direction.

Now how 'bout a little sumthin' sumthin'  ;D

EEL

The Guy

Boba Fett