News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010-Planning Schedule-Minnesota

Started by AFTERMATH, November 07, 2009, 12:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Now we can start planning our 2010 Schedule...
I put every weekend on here...  I know, I know, let me finnish...  
While it's true, that we have yet to reach the capacity neccessary to have an Appleseed every weekend; we certainly can come up with a way to Appleseed every weekend.  (Even on Holidays; we can Appleseed our families.)
So, let's start getting some shoots confirmed; as well as coming up with promotional opportunities we can put on the schedule.

January
2-3
9-10
16-17 --- MWCA Gunshow --- Rochester, Mayo Civic Center
23-24 --- Croc. Prod. Gunshow --- Duluth, Convention Center
30-31

Feburary
6-7
13-14
20-21
27-28

March
6-7
13-14 - Henderson
20-21    MWCA Gunshow --- State Fair Colloseum
27-28

April
3-4 -
10-11
17-18 - Duluth - Rochester - Elk River
24-25 - Omega Outbreak zombie shoot

May
1-2
8-9 Oakdale
15-16
22-23Hinckley-WOMEN'S Shoot
29-30

June
5-6
12-13  Marshall
19-20
26-27  Hinckley

July
3-4
10-11 -
17-18  Hinckley
24-25 - Duluth
31 - Aug 1 - Elk River

August
7-8 -
14-15 - Hinckley
21-22 - Rochester
28-29 - Gun show - Rochester

September  
4-5     - Winona
11-12  - Marshall
18-19
25-26 - Hinckley

October
2-3 - Duluth / MWC Gun Show-St. Fair Ed. Bldg.
9-10  Gun Show-St. Paul Armory (Croc)
16-17   Gun Show-Anoka Armory (Croc)
23-24  Gun Show-Mankato NG Tng Cntr (Croc)
30-31 - Hinckley / MWC Gun Show-St. Fair Coliseum

November
6-7
13-14 Gun Show-Stillwater Armory (Croc)
20-21
27-28 - Hinckley / Gun Show-Brooklyn Park Armory (Croc)

December
4-5
11-12 - Hinckley / MWC Gun Show-St. Paul River Centre
18-19
25-26
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

javaguy

Am checking with my contact in St Cloud police dept re: the use of their private range.  I've been there and its another great location for an AS.  Another worth exploring might be that range by St Cloud right by DPMS.  They hold special events, etc - can't remember the name of it but will track it down and check with them.

Sven

Can we plug in the Hinckley range for about a half dozen of these right away, I think that this venue is going to be very popular.  Also i thought that we had the Marshall events confirmed, true?

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

AFTERMATH

Quote from: javaguy on November 07, 2009, 10:39:17 AM
Am checking with my contact in St Cloud police dept re: the use of their private range.  I've been there and its another great location for an AS.  Another worth exploring might be that range by St Cloud right by DPMS.  They hold special events, etc - can't remember the name of it but will track it down and check with them.

Alright; sounds good!  We've checked with Del-Ton(by DPMS) a few times before; I'm under the impression we're not getting anywhere with them.

Quote from: Sven on November 08, 2009, 04:10:49 PM
Can we plug in the Hinckley range for about a half dozen of these right away, I think that this venue is going to be very popular.  Also i thought that we had the Marshall events confirmed, true?

Sven

I believe, we're working some details with Marshall still... I've got tentative dates up...
I figured we'd get some of the other dates set; then fill in with Hinckley...
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

TheDud

Is there any push to put together a mid-winter shoot at an indoor venue?  I know Northwestern Gun Club here in Duluth has an indoor range, and have been inside it, but am not really sure what the dimensions are (not a member).  I imagine that any of the commercial ranges would be too expensive, but perhaps there are other private indoor ranges?

AFTERMATH

Check into it.  We'd like to have Appleseed's all year if possible.  Indoor would make that extremely reasonable.  Find out what the dimensions are.
Also, check into their outdoor facilities...  Another range.  Heck; even if we can get outdoors with a building nearby, we could put on a WinterSeed.

wintermute76

I've talked with our club VP in Hibbing, now I need to run it by the club president and see if we can get the ball rolling. Nick (vp) sounded interested, so hopefully it will pan out.

Grand rapids has an indoor 50m range, need to find out who to talk to there.

AFTERMATH

Awesome!
Let's get this rolling!
Here's a link for you guys who're working on setting up shoots:  http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?board=35.0

TheDud

Sven

Oakdale Gun Club approved an Appleseed event for the weekend of May 8th and 9th, (Mother's Day weekend).  We have the range I wanted and the clubhouse for meeting and paperwork.  we should be able to get 30+ people on this range pretty easy. :))
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

tc95gt

Can we start talking these events up and letting people know?

javaguy

Quote from: Sven on November 19, 2009, 12:40:21 AM
Oakdale Gun Club approved an Appleseed event for the weekend of May 8th and 9th, (Mother's Day weekend).  We have the range I wanted and the clubhouse for meeting and paperwork.  we should be able to get 30+ people on this range pretty easy. :))

Bravo! Great work Sven - this should be an excellent opportunity to pack the line with new shooters - very convenient for many folks and looks like an excellent facility as well.
I was checking: http://www.oakdalegunclub.org/rifle.html  - do we have the 25yd range I see on the photo - or is it maybe that Competition range?

AFTERMATH

Quote from: tc95gt on November 23, 2009, 12:22:03 PM
Can we start talking these events up and letting people know?

Green are on the schedule....  So yes!  Oakdale should be green soon, so I'd say yes on that as well.

AFTERMATH

What's our status in reguards to La Crescent and Rochester?
If we're having difficulties with Rochester; let's just get La Crescent.  They were receptive and it's familiar for us.  Which should make it easier on our part.
I'm gonna see about a 'Womens' only shoot' in August at Hinckley. 
So, we should have at least one more in August.  I feel we have the capacity to do at least two per month. 
Let's get this done!

AFTERMATH

BUMP!!!

:wall: :wb: :sos: :sos:

Ok, I've added a few promotional opportunities that we should definitely take advantage of.

Also:  Should anyone need to send me an email; I've changed my address....(It wasn't by choice; they ended the service. ++) )
New:  aftermath.mn@gmail.com

MOVE OUT!!!!
:--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :---

vmt193

Rochester is a go for April 17-18. There are just a few details to finalize before I get it on the schedule.

vmt

AFTERMATH

Awesome!
That's 5 greens so far!  That means we've already doubled out shoots!

Whisker

Aftermath, put us down for Henderson on March 13-14.  Club approved it yesterday.  Turning in the paperwork soon.

One catch: no shooting before noon.
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

AFTERMATH

QuoteOne catch: no shooting before noon.

Both days?  Or just Sunday?

I'll put it up.

How's it looking for Elk River?

Whisker

Both days.  Elk River is in progress. 
What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

Whisker

Quote from: AFTERMATH on December 03, 2009, 04:41:15 PM
What's our status in reguards to La Crescent and Rochester?
If we're having difficulties with Rochester; let's just get La Crescent.  They were receptive and it's familiar for us.  Which should make it easier on our part.
I'm gonna see about a 'Womens' only shoot' in August at Hinckley. 
So, we should have at least one more in August.  I feel we have the capacity to do at least two per month. 
Let's get this done!

Hey, Can we bump up a women's shoot to, say early April?

AFTERMATH

QuoteHey, Can we bump up a women's shoot to, say early April?

Well... Although, I'd like to say yes, one of the reasons for the summer date was to make sure we can staff it well.
We don't quite have the local female staffing numbers at this time...  We'd need to import our Instructors; a few of which are bound by school schedules.  Couple that with it being so close to our big weekend; April may add to the strain...
Is there a special reason for making it earlier?  Perhaps we can accomodate somehow...

As far as 12; we should be able to work with that....
What was the capacity there, again?

Whisker

I know there is some demand for an at least mostly women shoot near the twin cities soon.  It can be done informally, I suppose.  Or, it could be simply a "Women's" shoot, where men are welcome, but discouraged from coming.  Is Hinckely an option for that?

As far as no shooting before noon at Henderson, We'll just start the event at 10am, do intros, safety, possibly history, a quick lunch and shoot from noon till  late.

Whisker

Oh, and what's the status of the June 26-27 at Oakdale?  I might push for Elk River that weekend in addition to an April date. 

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Whisker on January 13, 2010, 01:27:35 AM
Oh, and what's the status of the June 26-27 at Oakdale?  I might push for Elk River that weekend in addition to an April date. 

I believe that was forgoed for the date in May; I believe that was the only date they had available.
Sven?

Whisker

Turn in the host apps, folks.  Myself included. 

AFTERMATH

Quote from: wintermute76 on November 10, 2009, 12:05:32 PM
I've talked with our club VP in Hibbing, now I need to run it by the club president and see if we can get the ball rolling. Nick (vp) sounded interested, so hopefully it will pan out.

Grand rapids has an indoor 50m range, need to find out who to talk to there.

How's this one coming?

russellmn

Still trying to buy some land to build on.  If I find some yet this spring, we'll have a DAR by mid-summer. :---
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Whisker

Quote from: russellmn on January 20, 2010, 11:22:00 AM
Still trying to buy some land to build on.  If I find some yet this spring, we'll have a DAR by mid-summer. :---

This is great!  Just let us know when the range work day is.  I have a college degree for shovel work. 

Whisker

Hey aftermath,

Put Elk River as GREEN on the planning schedule for:

April 17-18

July 31-Aug 1