News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hinckley, MN - Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2009

Started by AFTERMATH, November 02, 2009, 01:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Rain, sleet, snow and heat.
That's Minnesota, fer ya.
More to follow; tomorrow.
Hooray, hoorah, huzza!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

vmt193

Don't forget the wind. What good is 30-40 degree weather without a 25-35mph breeze?

Here's a pic of the line on Saturday and the one of the first rifleman of the weekend. Joel brought the experience from two previous Appleseeds with him to crack out a 232. O0

TheDud

I must have missed the heat!

Thanks to Aftermath and VMT193 for putting on such an awesome shoot, and the two IITs (Sven and Ken) for taking such good care of us  - BrassBucket (Alice) and I had a great time, and since I couldn't get those last few points, I'll have to wait for Duluth in the spring to get my patch!  O0

javaguy

Quote from: TheDud on November 02, 2009, 12:42:17 PM
I must have missed the heat!

Thanks to Aftermath and VMT193 for putting on such an awesome shoot, and the two IITs (Sven and Ken) for taking such good care of us  - BrassBucket (Alice) and I had a great time, and since I couldn't get those last few points, I'll have to wait for Duluth in the spring to get my patch!  O0

Yes!  Outstanding job guys!  This shoot was superb and involved classic MN elements including cold, wind, gray skies, blue skies, rain, darkness and gloom by around 5:30pm Sun, but then the moon rose for a last AQT offering a shoot-by-moonlight and flashlight!  Seriously, Michael somehow shot a 192 on that twilight aqt I think trusting to his npoa alone :-)

I appreciated Sven and Kens direction and clear commands on the line, the powerful and moving presentation of those events on April 19th, 1775, Mikes detailed instruction and guidance, and Aftermaths technical help and constant encouragement.

Kudos to the Hinckley Conservation club for providing an excellent range.  Thank you.

A real highlight for the gang was when the suddenly, just after the third strike, a frantic call was heard that "The Redcoats ARE COMING!!!"  and everyone raced back to the line to engage them - and looked at each other for a split second like "can we shoot without line commands?".. hahaha and then everyone opened fire.  The redcoats went down hard.

Keep up the great work and we'll see you at an upcoming Appleseed!
Chris

wintermute76

Had a great time this past weekend, Nathan and I learned a ton. I ended up with a 199 as my best, so it'll be April in Duluth for me as well.

Thanks again to everyone who came out and made this happen.

Been reading some of the other info on this sight and am going to find out who I need to talk to at the Hibbing Rifle club to hopefully get an Appleseed up here  :)

Derek

BrassBucket

I didn't recognize this group because the SUN was shining in the photo -- you must have taken it during those brief 40 minutes of daylight  <:)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

vmt193

I just wanted a picture of that nice jacket Leland never got to wear.  ;D

AFTERMATH

BrassBucket knew well enough what ought to be done.

JavaGuy proves that he's a man amongst us, who knows very much what he's about.

Joel on the end, a Dangerous Old Man, who knows very much what he is about. 
TheDud and BrassBucket continue their weekend duel....
I'm sure it was a long ride home for TheDud.

Rachael and Kirsten square off against the 'Ghosts.'

JavaGuy's son, Michael, is a young man who know's what he's about, even if that paper doesn't believe it.  He shall prove it true, soon.

Nathan and Derek, command the right flank... They were about to break down the door as the sun set on Sunday.

Perhaps, on account of our efforts, God has decided once again that He shall not flood the earth.  (ego-check)

Group shot: Sunday....  Yeah, let's try that again.

Now that's more like it!

Our National Bird, watches over as we spread Liberty under it's wings.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

samjt15

I'm sorry I missed this one aftermath... But looks like a good show and two rifle...people. Wonderfull still waiting to get mine but happy it'll be probably in some place warm, glad its like 60 here.  Who knows maybe I as well will be at the one in Duluth and hopefully I can make it to one that you host as well.  :)  Like the pictures also.

Earl

Looks like a great weekend Appleseed, that same rainbow was over ours in Washington, just didn't get a picture of it, but I recognize it. Good to know Minnesota still has riflemen, I was born in Freeborn County, yep, nice AS.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Old Glory!

Great pictures!  Wish I could have been at this one.   Aftermath, you wear that hat well. 8) 

Welcome to all the new Appleseeders.  Hope to meet you on the trail, and bring your friends.  They are Americans too.  Be sure to let them know what they missed out on this time.  But that's okay, there will be another one soon.

OG in WI
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

30cal4me

Finally have a chance to sit down and put in my 2 cents worth. This was my first AS as an IIT, was pretty anxious about the whole thing, wasn't sure I could do it, but I give all the credit to my fellow instructors and the great bunch of Americans that attended and hung in there despite the chill and rain.  None of you shooters had pre-conceived notions and all were eager to learn which made it easy for me to not have jitters. Not that it was all about me---this was my 1st, like I said, and y'all proved to me I could do it, so now I know I want to do more shoots to educate more shooters and help advance Appleseed. I hope to see everybody again at more events!        Ken

dean

It looks like a great shoot. Congrats to the two new riflemen. I couldn't be more proud of my favorite little brother, the awesome IIT, Ken.

Dean

colycat

Aftermath,  seeing you in the green hat makes me soo proud.  Great Job Man :~
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

Thanks Colycat!
I was proud to wear it; even though I still retain some unrepentent bias towards my Red one. #)

This truly was a great Appleseed!
There were some familar faces; as well as some new ones.
All were a fine example of Americans!  Cream of the crop, I tell ya; fer shor, ya betcha.
We were pushing the envelope as far as scheduling a shoot this late in the year; at least, without preparations for a blizzard blitz.
As well as it being the weekend prior to deer opener.
But in typical American style; Minnesotans turned out to face the best that all four seasons had to offer!
I never did much care much for going into the cold, dark, frozen abiss of a Minnesota winter; quitely that is.
This year; we ended our regular Appleseed season with a bang! :~ :~ :~
Actually, closer to 6,000 bangs.

Three Minnesotans earned the right to be called Rifleman!

Joel; the definition of persistance; proved, after his third Appleseed, that he's not only a Dangerous Old Man.  He's a Dangerous Old Rifleman! :~ :~ :~

Alice caught the Appleseed bug on a little adventure down to Kansas, with Leland.  They taught her well.  She proved herself on an AQT on Sunday.  Leaving Leland with a litte-something to work on. &)

Chris had been shooting great groups since Winona.  He was able to put it all together with a 211!  Why 211?  Well, because there was a rather large river, just down the road. ;)  His son, Micheal, isn't far behind; had it not been for the quick curtain of darkness that fell upon us as the sun retreated Sunday; he'd have got it too.