News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR – Jerome, ID., Oct 31 & Nov 1

Started by Pa Rah, October 31, 2009, 11:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa Rah

This is a place holder for now, more to come latter.

Question: Administratively, how do you  set up new ITT's?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

Reformed Redneck

Pa Rah,

I'm doing this from memory because I can never seem to remember where the info on the forum is on this.

General requirements:
Rifleman score
Two Appleseed shoots
Notify Fred and Nickle (I think)
Sign in on the IIT thread on the Instructor board.

Looking forward to an update on the shoot there.

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Reformed Redneck

Pa Rah,

Well, I almost got it right. Looks like only 1 shoot required. I should have this memorized by now.

The info is on the "How to become an Appleseed Instructor" in the General Discussion category.

Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Pa Rah

Idaho had our first south central Idaho Appleseed hosted by the Jerome Gun Club. The shoot was set up by Jeremy. Jeremy had not been to an Appleseed but had heard about it in an outdoor publication and liked the idea so much he set up a location and made arrangements with Reformed Redneck to work out the details.

Unfortunately no one from the Jerome Gun Club attended the shoot or even came over to see what was going on.

Saturday we had three shooters. 1-Saturday only and 1-free. (None had ever attended an Appleseed before.) After an introduction to the program, safety drills, clearing the rifle and line command drills etc., we set up the first Red Coat. One shooter accomplished the 200 yard target so we got right to work and opened up the fire hydrant.

Since we had only three shooters we could have each person demonstrate and talk us through the position and steady hold factors that we had just learned. This was a good group, they started making progress. After about 4 black squares we were ready to start making sight adjustments on two of the three rifles. The third shooter was ready after a couple more squares.

Red Coat's at the end of the day we had one 300 yard and one 400 yard shooter and one shooter was still trying to do it his way.

In total 166 rounds were fired on Saturday.

Sunday it was a little bit warmer but by the end of day we had a 20+ mile per hour wind blowing from our six. It didn't affect the bullet paths but was making the targets bounce up and down.

Just before lunch Pat shot a 210 and on the next AQT shot a 211. Maybe I'm a little to tender hearted but I just couldn't bring myself to dowse him for scoring 210 because it was just to d_mned cold to pour water over his head.

Another shooter Jeremy was consistently shooting 190's by the end of the day even with the targets moving up and down 1 - 3 inches every few seconds.

Three men, Pat, Tom and Jeremy stepped up and accepted Orange Hats and agreed to work together to put on and promote at least three Appleseed's in the Jerome, ID area for 2010.

In total 326 rounds were fired on Sunday.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

1IdFatman

Pa Rah,

Thanks for a great first Appleseed!  I learned a lot, improved a lot, and will be going over all the information you gave us for quite a while.  And I promise to get a sling on my 10/22 pronto.