News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ottawa Oct. 24-25

Started by dragonfly, October 23, 2009, 02:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Lets all have a fun and safe shoot.

See you all down there.

D-fly
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

colycat

Just arrived home after a succesfull boarding raiding engagement at the super secret shooting compound in ILL.  Can't devuge any shooter numbers, or stats for the weekend.  No pictures inside the compound either.  Sorry &) &)

We did have a great shoot, with nice weather, mostly.  ( It is Ott......you know. ) Great bunch of shooters, Instructors, everyone learned a lot and had some great lessons in heritage.  Marksmanship improved greatly over the weekend. All had the best two days of fun that is possible while still being legal. Picked up 3 new IIT's for our friends down south.  Thanks for stepping up Cheri, Carl, and Philip.  You guys are going to be great!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Deacon

Phillip?  As in "Castle Mountain" Phillip?  Way to go!   I know you carry a big bucket for lots of bailing!
Deacon

colycat

Quote from: Deacon on October 25, 2009, 11:40:41 PM
Phillip?  As in "Castle Mountain" Phillip?  Way to go!   I know you carry a big bucket for lots of bailing!
Deacon

The same.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

ahhshoot

Thanks to all the shooters that came out this weekend. We hope to see you all down the trail in the future.
I had a lot of fun meeting such fine Americans. I wish we had pictures for everyone. ???

Beautiful weather for Ottawa.
12 shooters saturday
9 shooters sunday.
1 rifleman(woman) Cherie! :~
3 Orange hats. Cherie, Carl, and Castle Mountain.
Instructing at Appleseed is like nothing else in the world and I thank you for taking the hats.

And last but not least... after all this time, and needing three instructors to chase him down, we ripped off Garand69's ugly old orange rag and replaced it with a Bright new RED HAT. Congratulations Garand. Very well earned.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

LayloPro

Are you kidding me?? You mean that Garand69 is not an "Orange-y kinda faded to pumpkin colored head gear" wearin' guy anymore??!!??

What is the world coming to.......... ???

heh heh......

Seriously, congrats, G69.....I do believe that one's been coming for quite some time, from the way it looks out here...... <:) O0

Now.....did Pappy use his cannon to good effect on that worn out raggedy old thing?? >:D :~

Geez, and 3 Instructors to chase down one Illinois boy.....y'all must be from someplace cold or sumthin'.......can't hardly run, or so, I guess......  **) **) **) :))

We are gonna have some -fun- in about 5 weeks or so........ >:D :o ;)

Congrats, G....you have certainly earned this.... O0 <:) O0

Now get back to work..... &) @)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Johnnyappleseed

What a great weekend! !st my thanx to the Illinois - Wisconsin Instructor corps---You folks really made this event fantastic!
We saw some well deseved promotions , Congratulations to Garand 69 to Red Hat ! AhhShoot to shoot boss + 3 new IITs Carl, Cherie+ Castle Mountain.
The instuction, history+ benediction was  so well done  O0
Special thanks to the attendees , it was pleasure to work with you folks.
Illinois gun culture rocks + I see our freedom increasing as a result.
You will not believe the round count  :~Dont ask ;)
Semper fidelis
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

colycat

Quote from: LayloPro on October 26, 2009, 12:50:47 AM
Geez, and 3 Instructors to chase down one Illinois boy.....y'all must be from someplace cold or sumthin'.......can't hardly run, or so, I guess......  **) **) **) :))
LLP

Laylow,  obviously you have never seen "The Garand69".  When we greeted each other, he lifted me over his head and maybe did a few reps.  The fact that it only took 3 out of state instructors to subdue him and staple the hat on is quite an achievement.  Just say'n.

Coly

Garand69

Coly Coly Coly, what am I going to do with you? You call that a AAR????

Folks, Fellow Illinoisians, what we had this weekend was a well thought out unprovoked attack from our Appleseedin' Brethren from the North.

Yes it was that diabolical. Knowing he couldn't just walk across the border (we do have an alarm network), Colycat enlisted his Brother in California, Johnny Appleseed. This of course was a distraction, and as we prepared our State's defenses to battle a freindly yogurt sprinkled with granola feller from the Left coast, Coly assembled a crack team of interlopers all with their own specialty.

Colycat the ring leader, combined a family team including his son Ahhshoot, daughter in law Trish the Dish, and Dragonfly....who happens to drive one of those brown trucks, so for the sake of the Family slant of the story, I'll say he "delivered" at least the family cat...errr maybe a case of ammo.

So as our Cheese Herders from the North (and West, as I did hear that Colycat's brother was responsible for bringing the "gift of cheese" to California during the period of "Elightenment") decended on to Ottawa, so did the very cold rain/sleet.....is that a coinky dink?????

Luckily for Illinois, we had a pretty hardcore group of IIT's to keep the troublemakers in line, and the weather reasonably cleared up!! Gopherboy with his boys on Saturday and GumballHead and Patriot Gal all weekend made me proud to be from Illinois! You folks are doing great and I beleive will be moving through the ranks fast.

As for the shoot.... Yeah we had a little weather, but not nearly to the standard of typical Ottawa. Out of that mix we had 1 new Rifle[wo]man, 3 new IIT's, a new Shoot boss, and a really disgruntled old IIT who turned Red under protest.

A little explantion of the 3 IITS vs the 1 Rifleman is simple. Castlemountain and Karl were already Rifleman. Castlemountain has had a hard row to hoe, His better half Patriot Gal beat him to Rifleman and then took the Orange hat! After he hit Rifleman, he thought about the harrassment factor and came to a simple conclusion....I need an Orange Hat too!

Than we have Cherie, She hit Rifleman today with a 210 (yes she was baptised!! **) ) and it did not take long for Karl and Cherie to tell us they wanted to jump in and help the Program. How many couples do you know instructing shuffleboard??

Then we had a promotion or two. It seems WI has got to the point that everytime they raid IL, they need to come back with something, usually a different color hat. That's ok, IL has big shoulders and we are always willing to help WI build their Instructor Pool. The last time Ahhshoot was here we lit his orange hat on fire and gave him a new Red one,. This week, a shiney new greeeeen Shoot Boss hat was bestowed upon him, Congratulations!!

Then there is that poor feller that was forced into Red Hathood........your still grounded Colycat!!  <:)

Thankyou shooters, I hope you left with far more than better marksmanship skills!

Johnny Appleseed, if you found the "package" in your center console, and I was gone before you could retaliate....I win. If you found it and restashed it on "Ole' Red", it may be a month or two before I find it  **) **) **)

Dragonfly, Ahhshoot, and Trish the Dish...Thanks for coming down and being a part of the solution! It was, as always, a pleasure working with you.

Gopherboy, Gumballhead, Patriot Gal & Castle Mountain, and Karl & Cherie, your making Illinois Proud! Thanks for stepping up, hope to see you in November!

Colycat.....Your still grounded.... But thanks Brudder from a nudder mudder....your still grounded.

Now where the heck did Pappy leave that cannon?? ;D
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Garand69

edited to add....
I need to type faster Four replies while I'm repling to Colycat!!  **)

Thanks for the report Awwshoot, less slackin than Coly's  O0

Laylopro, all I can say is this, I would have had them out run, but I never expected the heliocopter and the nets  **)
Garand69

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

LayloPro

**) **) **)

Now this sounds like an event I should have been at.....JA is a wonderful rep to send out from Cali, as he is so danged -positive- all the time, you gotta wonder what kind of coffee he drinks; but when somebody said that AhhhShoot was getting a green hat, I figure we'll probably see some pix of a proud Dad & Uncle bestowing that honor on the deserving lad...... O0 O0

I'm just trying to figure out what's wrong in Wisc that they gotta border raid all the time for their promotions? Coly, wassup wit dat? @@) #) Are the Wi ranges snowed in already? I'm actually kinda curious here..... :))  :o You still have your suit & snowblower, don't you? **) :))

Ahhshoot, congrats on your green promotion, we're looking forward to hearing great things from you & your bride......"the Force is strong in this family!!" O0 O0 O0

For the rest of the IIT's that stepped up, congrats!! You guys are the goods that are gonna eliminate the "ucks" from Illi.......keep going in the direction you've been started, you've got some great Instructors teaching you out there..... <:) O0

G69....man, I don't know what to tell you....it seems they had "a plan afoot before hand"....they really meant to catch you......but Pappy wasn't there with his cannon?? He's gonna be as disappointed as you are..... :-\ :-[

Y'all are having way too much fun out there...... were you actually getting any rounds down range?!? I'm curious about JA's "round count" comment now.....You got a RM out, so you had to be doing -something-..... >:D ^-^ :~ ;D

Looks like we're gonna have to have a "gathering" in Ottawa @ Pappy's place in a month or so..... >:D $$-0 :))

See ya in a bit, and really, congrats on all the promotions.....you guys all deserved them....

LLP

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Garand69

**) **)

I knew you would understand Laylopro, usin' up fine Illinois air just to come down for promotions!  **)

As for the round count, Team Illinois had a long discussion regarding this. We felt it would be totally counter-productive to keep track of anything over 1775 rounds. :-X

Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Fred

Congrats to the helicopter pilot and the special net handlers. (I told you guys you'd need 'em - glad you took my advice! **) - yes, I'm sure everyone understood in advance, this was a kind of "Mission Impossible" thing! **) **) )

Congrats to G69, for being a good sport about finally being forced to step up and shoulder his fair share of the load - prob hasn't felt so good since he got married... :D

QuoteYou still have your suit & snowblower, don't you?  **) :D

Man, sure am glad to see there's some "institutional memory" here, and the burden of remembering Colycat apparently wearing a suit behind a snowblower is not strictly on my shoulders alone - even if I still maintain, tweren't a suit at all, but one of those sets of fancy "look like a suit" pajamas. **) **) **)

G69, big plans for you, now that you're an "honest man", just like on that long ago wedding day - see, good things come with every new burden... >:D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

B9

Great job G!

The lastest run of Red Hats don't slowly fade to pink anymore, but rapidly to a strange color of green.

I have yet to attend a shoot with my Red Hat. Other than at Calverton when I wore it by mistake and even pointed to it calling it a Green Hat. The Instructor crew did a too good of a job of not correcting me while I was speaking.  ;)
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Garand69

;D Thanks Fred and B9  ;D

I'm glad we have Built up Appleseed to the point of having an Appleseed Air Corp. I've been keeping an eye out for UPS planes, and get nervous everytime one flys over the house heading into O'Hare, but i never figured on a Heliocopter  **) **)

As for Green Hat, noooooo way, I'm letting this shiney new Red Hat fade to a nice shade of grey to match the 13 new grey hairs I woke up with this morning! ;)
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Castle Mountain

Yeah man, its me . :-)!   What a great weekend. I am tickled pink... er Orange that is   :-)
I don't have an actual Orange hat yet because I heard the next shipment from China has
not arrived yet.  I know Eel, Garand and Ahhshoot are working on it. I guess it had to do with
the supply logistics due to a slow boat from China  ;D

We will be up again for the last shoot of the year, back to Ottawa. Hope you will  make it eh?

Truly an honor to serve. History is my major and passion, shooting red coats is my duty..... :-)
Johnny Appleseed coached me into the ground with ball and dummy till I was ready to drop.
Time to resupply my ammo Johnny Appleseed. It was sure great to meet you sir. You are a great
teacher/coach and a GREAT AMERICAN, and that comes from both Patriot Gal and me. A big hug
back to ya! Thank you for your faith my brother.

WOW so many awesome instructors this weekend. What a treat. Colycat is a Zen master or should I say
Horse Whisperer. I obliterated the red coats with zeal thanks to him & Colycat getting me into the zone.
The .338 is coming along just fine. Got Garand69 to shoot it also and I even learned by just watching him rip a clover leaf with the thing.
Some more sight adjustments were necessary but I plum ran low on ammo. So I know it's a great
Elk rifle eh! :-)     Thank you Armalite for making such a quality bang stick.

Had some major issues with my Thompson Center Benchmark 22 due to ammo jamming in the chamber
(feed problems)?  Garand69 did a lot of work trying to resolve it but I think I am going to yell to the factory
if my local gun smith cannot fix the problem. A debt of gratitude goes out to you Garand for your help. It will
not be forgotten.

Patriot Gal had an enjoyable day calling the line and I was so proud of her. She still out shot me again
AQT wise but I won the day with the Red coats. You have got a great bunch of guys up there in Cheese land.
I heard tell from Johnny Appleseed that they are going to change your hat colours to Cheese in deference
to the Green Bay Packers. :-)       .... What a marvelous, wise man he is. I learned much this weekend. It was so full
inspite of the cold wet rainy weather we made a time of it. We would do it again in a heart beat. Wisconsin you
are a fine crew to be in alliance with.

We got to finally meet another great husband and wife tag team in Ahhshoot & Trisha. Great couple possessed of enthusiasm galore

Gumby you are a rock of a coach too and a great adviser.  Sure was good to see you again friend.

Having opportunity to meet Colycat, Ahhshoot, & Dragonfly (the Ft. Stewart crew) was a privilege. Hearing from them first hand
about their time training our troops down south just filled my heart with pride and joy. God I love this country of mine.
Appleseed had exposed me to some of the best people I could have dreamed of ever meeting.
I just want to help grow this thing exponentially. Both Patriot Gal and I are in for the long haul.

Do you realize that we have been privileged to witness the recipients of four red hats & one green hat which include
Deacon, Garand 69, Sheepdog & Pappy?  People who have demonstrated to us the example we wish to follow.
We get to become better people, better marksmen , historians and teachers while  getting to enjoy an ever
growing extended family within Appleseed. What more can a person ask for? ??? .... well perhaps the ability
to make that 1000 yard shot that Eel & The Guy make. Perhaps it is the brotherhood & sisterhood that Patriot Gal
and I feel with you all among the AS ranks that is so special. Perhaps it is the growing awareness of true Americanism
with a passion which is the stuff I grew up admiring as a kid. Truly it is how I feel. 

Cheers,

CASTLE MOUNTAIN....shooting straight.

Castlemountain-Animated Giff-1.gif

Quote from: colycat on October 26, 2009, 12:00:56 AM
Quote from: Deacon on October 25, 2009, 11:40:41 PM
Deacon

The same.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

LayloPro

Deacon, Garand 69, Sheepdog & Pappy?
Boy howdy, now if -that- isn't a group right there....... O0  <:)

Colycat, Ahhshoot, & Dragonfly (the Ft. Stewart crew)
Yep, WI was -seriously- repped down south that weekend......great bunch to do it with as well, even tho' OG got left outa this list......

Just as a side note, all....we're even getting positive feedback waaaaay out here on the Left Coast about that particular AppleSeed......yet another giant teaching group we can, & will be working with in the future...... O0 O0

Perhaps it is the brotherhood & sisterhood that Patriot Gal and I feel with you all among the AS ranks that is so special
CM, that's just AS folks......In 50 some odd years of walking this planet, I have not met a more consistently wonderful group of folks to call friends.....or to be able to have cover my 6, or cover theirs as needed.....Truly a stellar bunch, and I cannot emphasize enough how much I do -NOT- say that lightly..... ;) :~ @&) You & Pat Gal are in the right place.....welcome home..... :) 8)

(I told you guys you'd need 'em - glad you took my advice!
Ahhhh, now it becomes clear!! It was a top level approved & planned mission......G69, hate to say it, but you were doomed from the git-go.....that ol' pumpkin thing was just going down.......no questions about it.....I guess the good news on that side is, at least ya beat WetFoot to it..... **) **) **)

As for Green Hat, noooooo way, I'm letting this shiney new Red Hat fade to a nice shade of grey to match the 13 new grey hairs I woke up with this morning!

OK, got zero sympathy here for the grey hair problem...... >:D  ;D  But, as we've seen, the only way to get those fine red hats to lose that shiny gloss they have when new is to expose them to -lot's- of sunshine....."Line Time", I guess you could say...... :)) :~ :~ :~ :~ :~

even if I still maintain, tweren't a suit at all, but one of those sets of fancy "look like a suit" pajamas.

Sorry, Sir, have to disagree....he had a tie on....and we -all- know what a tie does to the blood flow to the brain of the wearer.....I still maintain -that- is why he was out snowblowing in his suit..... @) **) **)
Although, it -did- make a really cute pix for us.......usually it's Brutha KoolAid I get pix like that of...... **) **) **) &)

Guys, I am looking forward to seeing my Illi Family, and my Illi Brothers & Sisters as well soon....
be well, and take care.
See ya soon!
LLP

Trisha

Wow! This was one of the most fun shoots I have been to! I think with the collection of instructors that were down in Ottawa really meshed well together.

I really enjoyed working with each one of you and I can't wait to do it again. This was my first border raid to IL, but definitely not my last you better count on that.

Garand, that Red Hat definitely looks better on you than that Orange Hat, I hope I can be there when it gets shot out of the cannon.

Ahhshoot, now that you're a Green Hat, I don't have to worry about people here in WI wanting me to be a SB.........my shiny Red Hat will stay on my head for a looonnng while. ;D

JA, you were at my first AS as a shooter, then you awarded me my Red Hat, and now I got to be there when you introduced Ahhshoot as WI's newest Green Hat, thank you for being there and getting this family started on the path to making America better.

Coly, if it wasn't for you pushing Ahhshoot and I into an Orange Hat, we also wouldn't be where we are today, so thank you. I know I always enjoy a shoot wherever you are at, especially when I get to see Garand picking you up over his head!

D-fly, you know I like to tease you! thanks for being a good sport about it. It's always good to have a great Red Hat by my side when we need to take on the IL crew...

Gumby, I saw a lot of improvement in your instructing from Lodi to Ottawa, keep it up and I hope to see you again on the trail.  :~ :~

Gopherboy, it was a pleasure meeting you, and your boys were wonderful to work with. Keep Matt and Andrew working hard and maybe there will be a couple more Orange Hats in your family.  O0

Last, but definitely not least, Patriot Gal, it was a pleasure working with you. I always like working with fellow female instructors and your enthusiasm for Appleseed and the history will make you a great instructor keep it up!

This Appleseed may have been small on numbers, but the shooter's hearts and minds were were anything but small. They all seemed to really grasp the message AS tries to bestow upon them. Their hearts and minds were open to all the instruction and the mission that AS is all about.

I absolutely love working with the younger shooters, that might be because I will be a school teacher, but who knows right...? lol. But I love working with them because they are a very important part of the future of our country and they are just a lot of fun to work with.  ;D There were 4 young boys there this weekend and they all showed dedication, and a lot of improvement, your family should be proud!

Lastly, welcome IITs, thank you all for stepping up! too bad you're from IL and not WI, but I think I can forgive you for that one.... **) **) **) **)

LayloPro

Lastly, welcome IITs, thank you all for stepping up! too bad you're from IL and not WI, but I think I can forgive you for that one....

Ya know, if I didn't "know" better.....I'd say there's a little bit of a question here of who's gonna have more shoots & Instructors "helping" out the other states that "invade them"......

Not a competition of who's better, but rather that "numbers thing"......

Illi is having a lot of folks stepping up this year, and I would say it is probably due to a -lot- of hard work on the part of the current Instructors......

Coly, you and your tribe have done a bang up -AWESOME- job of getting your family involved.....but to BE fair about things, it looks like a "hint" might be to "find another family group you can inspire out there"......it kinda looks like the Illi folks are gonna start really growing their numbers here.....

They seem pretty motivated, too..... :o

I would really hate to see Wi get overrun by a bunch of bored Illinois folks who just have too many Instructors for their shoots.....

As Fred would say: "It might "look" bad...." :-\ ::)

Just an observation...... <:)

LLP

Karl

Wow! What a great weekend. Althought it started wet (of course) the first day with the sun peeking through at the end of the first day. Sunday was picture perfect with the brief sprinkle in the afternoon to remind us that we were in Ottowa.

A big thanks to all of the instructors at the shoot:

Ahhshoot
colycat
Trisha
Gumballhead
Dragonfly
JohnnyAppleseed
Garand69
Patriot Gal
Gopher Boy

Hope I didn't forget anyone  ;) You are all class acts. (Although once Garand69 had the red hat on his head, his mood changed. While you would be on the line he'd say something to make you laugh then bark at you "You can't achieve NPOA while laughing!!") :))

I look forward to seeing you guys again in the near future.

I knew my wife Cherie had a great chance at making Rifleman. She was knocking at the door last AS. I'm very proud of her for achieving rifleman and also for going down the trail with me in accepting the orange hat. We look forward to helping out.

Castle Mountain; Congrats on taking the Orange Hat!! O0

Stay Safe & Goodnight,

Karl

"corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
"Si hoc legere potes nimium eruditionis habes."

Garand69

Welcome aboard Karl, and thanks for the compliments to the Instructor Team!

You and Cherie will be an excellent asset to Appleseed. The more Couples the better, it really pushes that family aspect.

Hope we get to break in those Orange hats in Nov O0
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Sheepdog

RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

colycat

Photos?  There can't be no stinking photos at super secret shooting compounds!  There has also been way to many statistics and information released already.  I feel afraid for some of your safety as it is $$-0

Deacon

Sounds like everyone had another great Appleseed Weekend!  Am I surprised.....No!
Mix up some awesome instructors and some great Americans who have a desire to learn some marksmanship and their heritage....equals a great fall weekend!

Congrats to Ahhshoot on the Green hat and the three new orange hats! O0

Now for you Mr. Garand.....does this mean you give up your level 4 barista license?  I sure hope not!
                              .....does this mean you wont make us breakfast anymore?    I sure hope not!

Mr. Garand, you sir, are a man amongst men.  An instructor (no matter the color of your hat) that everyone in Appleseed can look up to.  

You inspire others to work hard and work smart like you do.  

Your dedication to this program is unwavering.

You lead by example.  You can see that in your three boys!

I think the only thing that would make you better is to put Wisconsin license plates on your 'ole pick-em-up-truck. O0

Gumballhead

What can I say that has not bee said already?  It was one of the dryer Ottawa Appleseeds...it only rained a little... !@#) This was a great event, and I had a really great time, and learned a lot from all of this great instructor corps.  Congratulations to Garand, I know you put up a good fight (and you almost got away :D :D), but you're no Orange hat buddy >:D.  You certainly talk and walk like an instructor, time to wear the hat!  

JohnnyAppleseed - I'm glad I got the chance to meet you.  You gave me some good food for thought, and many great suggestions for some "light" reading.  I look forward to working with you again

Colycat - Great to finally meet you.  I had heard so many good things about you, and I'm glad to say they were all true!  You set a fine example, and a high bar to meet.

Ahhhshoot - Congratulations on the Green hat!  Last time we met, I was attending my first Appleseed, and witnessed the viking funeral for your Orange hat.  You'll be a great shootboss, just be sure to come back down to IL, and visit us once in a while.

Dragonfly - Also good to see you again (seems this AS brought back many from my first time too).  You WI instructors are a fine group.

Trisha - You never let me get off easy, do you...change my name, make me work? yeah...that's you.  Thanks for that extra push.  Great job on the 3rd strike.  I hope to see you & Ahhshoot back in two weeks (don't forget my package).

Patriot gal - You're on your way!  Great job calling the line Sunday, you kept me on my toes!  Funny how fast this whole orange hat thing picks up, eh?

Gopher Boy - Another great time with you, glad to see the family out again as well.  I can see another AS franchise from your house is in the works.

To our shooters, I am glad you came to join us.  I enjoy seeing the vast improvement from the first redcoat, to the last.  We had several sharpshooters knocking on the door.  With some dedicated DRY firing  :~ :~, you can make some vast improvements over the upcoming winter months.  I'm looking forward to seeing you again, and watching you earn your rifleman patch!!

Congratulations to our newest riflewoman & Orange Hats O0 O0!  Thank you for picking up an Orange hat with Karl.  You will be a welcome addition to our growing IL Corps.  Also a big congrats to Castle Mountain.  I was beginning to wonder when you might trade up to an Orange Hat...

I hope everyone can come back for the last shoot of the year at Ottawa.  We're gonna make sure the year goes out with a bang! <:), Right Pappy?

Take care, and see you on the trail!

Garand69

Quote from: Sheepdog on October 27, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
!@#) Photos  &)

You must be wary wary carefulllll Sheepdog. We were "Allowed"  ++) to take only a few shots in front of the range sign out front. My disposable camera has 25 shots left, so you won't see the pic on that one in a while. I don't remember who's digital camera was used for the group shot, we have to harrass them.
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz

Fred

Quote from: Deacon on October 27, 2009, 09:52:49 AM
...Now for you Mr. Garand........You lead by example.  You can see that in your three boys!

"Three boys"?

G69 has "three boys"?

Do they wear orange hats, yet?

Red ones?

I don't recall ever hearing about them. Are they some kind of last-ditch secret Illinois defense force to combat rampaging cheeseheads? ;D ;D ;D

Let's get those slacker kids out there, instructing!

And let me echo Gumballhead's comments on the rest of the instructors, singling out Ahhshoot for congrats on the new Green Hat. O0
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Patriot Gal

Not only does Garand have 3 sons, he has 3 budding marksmen, Wetfoot, M1 and M2!!!   O0  O0  O0

You can find them on page 2 of the AAR for Chillicothe 9/09 on Garand's post reply # 30.  They are those 3 young lads lined up in a row.  Very persistent young shooters.  Wetfoot already has achieved Rifleman using a scope and was working the iron sights that weekend.   O0

I must say, I was very impressed with all 6 young people as shooters that weekend along with us 2 "Older folks"  **)

Now on to Ottawa...What a great weekend!!!  :~ :~  I learned quite a bit as an IIT and was able to appreciate a different perspective watching the shooters improve in their shooting skills as each day progressed.  Very rewarding for sure.  Thanks to all the shooters who attended, Lou, CastleMountain,  Matt, Dave, Ray, Dylan, Andrew, Matt, Cherie, Karl Chris and John.  I hope I remembered everyone and got names spelled correctly!!! ::)  You all made this shoot possible.  I hope you all keep coming back to achieve your Rifleman and then share that knowledge to instruct others.  The tradition continues.....

Moving right along...Congrats to Ahhshoot!  Great job as SB.  That Green Hat fits you well!     ;D O0
Congrats to new Riflewoman Cherie  O0 and to Cherie, Karl and CastleMountain for stepping up to the ranks of the Orange Hat.   O0 O0 O0 I look forward to working the line with you all.

Sure was nice to work with my fellow IITs from Illinoi(ucks) again, Gopher Boy and Gumby.  Great times.

And what should I say about our border raiders from the north......... ::)  Hey!  Come on down anytime.   ;D ;D  ColyCat, dragonfly, Trish and Ahhshoot.  It was my pleasure to meet and work the shoot you all.  Thank you for all your words of wisdom and insights.  And thanks for making the trip down!   :)

JohnnyAppleseed, I was so happy to have met you.  I learned much from you.  Thanks for sharing your quiet spirit, your wisdom and your faith.   What a great weekend this was!  :) :)  Have a safe drive home to CA!

Thanks again to all and especially to you, Fred for making Appleseed a reality. O0
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Gumballhead

Quote from: Garand69 on October 27, 2009, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: Sheepdog on October 27, 2009, 12:25:51 AM
!@#) Photos  &)

You must be wary wary carefulllll Sheepdog. We were "Allowed"  ++) to take only a few shots in front of the range sign out front. My disposable camera has 25 shots left, so you won't see the pic on that one in a while. I don't remember who's digital camera was used for the group shot, we have to harrass them.

My camera - I PM'd Old Glory to update.

If someone wants to share with me how to add the photos to the post, I'll be glad to throw em up right now.

Thanks!

Garand69

Kissin' up to Fred already!!! Come on Patriot Gal  **) **)

Fred, Just to give you a heads up on Patriot Gal, she is going to be a fine asset to the program. As an IIT1 calling the line on Sunday, she didn't pull any punches. She asked JohnnyAppleseed and I to shush at least once, and when she caught me talking to Colycat while she was calling the line !@#), I almost got thrown into timeout!!!  ;D You have to respect a Gal who at one point or another told the SB who drove out from Cali, an SI who drove down from WI, and her own State Coordinator to shut up while she was calling the line!!! O0

Gumballhead, I use photobucket, it's free and the pics are a nice size when you post them. But if you uploaded them to your computer you can upload them to a reply. When you are in the reply box, you will notice "Additional Options" below and to the left of the text box, click on that and browse for your pics.

Fred, here are the troublemakers mentioned at Chillicothe, forefront M1 age 5, middle M2 age 9, and last Wetfoot age 13 going on...... well that's why he isn't an IIT yet despite being a Rifleman. I have only been able to drag out the Mean Ole' wife to one so far, she shot a 177 but on her final Redcoat had 3 round cloverleafs for each target.  The whole herd will be in Ottawa for the November shoot. I'll see if Pappy will let me put the ole' orangish hat on Wetfoot prior to shooting it out of the cannon.....nah probably not, I don't think hoppes #9 will remove that type of fouling >:D
Garand69

-Chester W. Nimitz