News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Evansville, IN Oct 17-18 2009

Started by Mudcat, October 19, 2009, 08:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

"Greatest weekend ever" as one of the young shooters stated sunday. We had some great patriots out in the windy cool Oct air on saturday but there wasn't any complaining. With which we were so gratefully rewarded with a beautiful day on sunday. Thanks to all of the ones who attended. 1 New Rifleman on saturday Wayne. 2 others were beating on the door but could not come back on sunday. Lots of improvement was shown by everyone some (2) even made a 70 point jump sunday afternoon after the NPOA drill.
Thanks to all the people who got off the couch to come and get some Appleseeds to spread around. I hope to see Jeff, Vicki, Amber and Megan out again soon.

Oh and welcome to the new IITs!

Mudcat
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

techres

What a quote!  That must have warmed your heart.  Doesn't get better than that...
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

visionary 1

and you can see photos of the shoot at this site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39064462@N04/sets/72157622621132108/

Great weekend...next time I will be better prepared with my scope mounted correctly so I can get better eye relief!  May also bring a 10-22 so I have a lighter rifle to shoot.  Jarad and I had a wonderful time at our third Appleseed shoot.  Trust me there will be more!

visionary 1

Another thing....Appleseeder's are showing up all around me!  One of my long lost classmates replied to my post on facebook that she shoots at Appleseed events.  Last evening when I got home my neighbor had gotten a 10 point buck with a bow across the street from me.  I helped him take it to the processor.  Guess what....the processor had an Appleseed T shirt on and commenced to tell me how his entire family are either instructors or in training!  What a weekend!

av8torzoz

As a family we came to our first Appleseed, and although we had some equipment issues, it was my 12 year-old daughter that said "This was the best weekend ever!"  She had just scored the exact same on the AQT that I had, and although I was a little disappointed in how I shot, I couldn't have been more thrilled with the weekend.  As any dad will tell you when your daughters are both skipping off the line with their targets in hand, grinning from ear to ear; THAT is a great weekend.  I want to thank all the instructors but a special thanks goes out to Mudcat and Slim both for their help with our equipment issues.

What a great weekend!  The instruction was great, we camped and had an awesome lunch provided by the local 4H club and we learned a lot of great American history.  What more could you ask for.  Thanks so much.  You will see us again - I just hope I can get the patch before my daughter beats me to it, but won't mind if she does!  Thanks so much!

Jeff

yellowhousejake

Sunday was great weather for sure, and great shooting. Sur+rifle's final drill was a real crowd pleaser and fun to watch. No better way to see the effects of training (and good students) than to see balloons popping at 70 yards. It really shows that what you learn at 25 meters applies farther out.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

ATM

I hope every Appleseed can be someone's "greatest weekend ever." O0

Sounds like a great event. Well done, instructors and shooters!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Tall man

It was indeed a great weekend, as cold as I care to be in but I think it helped freeze me into a solid position. By the end of the weekend my confidence level was up and I felt like the targets were not small enough. With the appleseed training my targets went from a shotgun look to a nice tight group, many times being a single large ragged hole. What I am saying is it is a top notch program, it makes a huge difference. I have no doubt Ill be bringing more people the next time around and look forward to training others.

Mudcat

By the way Tall Man is one of our new IITs. So close with that 211 to me and Slim packing him to the ditch water. :o Trust me that would have been a sight.
Congrats Wayne it was nice to see you finally "get it".

Jeff your daughters were a joy to work with, me and "Mr. Slim"   **) enjoyed it. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

biogranny

biogranny

This was my 2nd Appleseed shoot and the 2nd greatest weekend with my son (Mudcat)and my grand-son and grand-daughter (also instructors).
Believe me, I was treated the same as the others.(My grand-son even told me I needed to pick up the pace a little)  Yes I did what he said.  The Instructors were very professional and stressed safety constantly.
Some of the more experienced shooters were goofing around a little too much while the Instructors were trying
to talk and they were called down about it.
It was absolutely great and I will go back and try to improve.
Thanks to everyone!

yellowhousejake

Quote from: biogranny on October 20, 2009, 07:26:36 PM
It was absolutely great and I will go back and try to improve.

And I hope to be there to see you score over 209! You are the perfect example of a rifleman, always smiling, always with a positive attitude, and always striving to do better. You PERSIST! I know you will get 210 for that reason alone.

Mudcat, keep me in the loop so I know when biogranny attends her next Appleseed, I want to be there.

YHJ (DAve)
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ