News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Durand IL Oct. 10 and 11

Started by dragonfly, October 12, 2009, 01:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonfly

Hello everyone, what a great shoot. This was the 1st shoot at Kenny's place so I want to thank him again for being a great host.

SNOW in IL in Oct. who would of thought. Thanks to all for braving the cold windy weather. Sunday was a much better day weather wise.

Thanks to all the shooter's for bringing a great attitude and willingness to learn.

Congrat's to Andrew are newest Riflemen. Great job persistence pay's off. The rest of you keep practicing and we hope to see you all on the trail again soon. Remember bring a friend and when someone ask's you what you did last weekend you know what to say. I went to an Appleseed, let me tell you about it.

Congratulation's to Garand69 promoted to IIT3.

Thanks to all of the great instructor's The Guy, Garand69, Gopher Boy, and Junior.
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

bhannah

Hey just wanted to say thanks to the gentleman who sat with my daughter and helped her out.
We didn't even go to the shoot I just went to meet up with Kenny and do some trading. This guy asked if we wanted to shoot, he had been out in the cold for hours at this point. It was after the shoot mind you and we didn't even participate. Never got his name but you know who you are THANKS she still talks about it and your help. We will be at an apple seed SOON.
Brian

Ashes

Picture time!

Bright and early! This DAR is very picturesque with the dawn's light glistening off the ice!

A view of the first class accomidations for the instructors!  **)

Target line is ready to go.

As are the students.

But first the safety meeting. Everyone repeat the 4 safety rules together now.

Here are the notes for the math class. There was a quiz later.

We picked up a mascot during the shoot. This little feller was released into the long grass far away from the line. We're pretty sure he was looking for donut crumbs...

SkyHawk

Great pics Ashes and congrats on your great shooting and becoming the day's new Rifleman!

Thanks to all the instructors that gave their time helping all improve our skills and hope to see you all back on the trail!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

EEL

D-Fly  ;D, Thanks for border raiding down into .....  well, you know.  Looks like you had a comfy range to shoot on.  Snow?  If I read right y'all got snow at Lodi as well!  Love the instructor hotel too O0

Good to see the shooters braved the elements and came out.  Our country needs folks that will endure a little discomfort, our forefathers certainly did!!!

Thanks to all that showed up.  Makes me believe Illinois still does have a fighting chance  O0

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Ashes

energy

To All

A very big Thank You from my daughter, her big brother and myself. 

All of you did an excellent job of "showing us the ropes" and walking us through the details of what it takes to be a rifleman.

A big thank you from my daughter to Garrand for his excellent coaching and the use of his scoped 10-22.

Also a big thank you to Gopher for his helpful hints and the use of the best 'tricked out' 10-22 I could imagine.

Also the helpful hints and direction of Junior and Dragonfly as well as the amazing true story-telling of 'The Guy' made this our most memorable outing.

Plus all of you who helped my son get up to speed - it was amazing.

I was hoping he would get hooked and afterward he said he was very impressed and wanted to go again - at the next opportunity.
(This is a hopeful sign for someone living north of the 'Cheddar Curtain' and who has only shot weapons with big holes at the end).

So thanks again and we hope to see you all again very soon.

our best regards,
energy et al 

Garand69

Sorry for that late reply folks, I apoligize. Been wrapped up trying to get some side work.

A huge thanks to the Excellent Instructor Team that came out to Instruct at Durands first Shoot!

Excellent Shoot Bossin'  Dragonfly  O0 Nothing like a smooth running Appleseed

Gopher boy, thanks for those high falootin' accomodations! Nice and toasty  O0

Junior, Great working with you and thanks for the help breaking down casa de gopher boy O0

The Guy, you pain in the.......Thanks for making the trip up <:)

SHOOTERS!!!!!! Thanks for coming out on a nice brisk weekend! A great bunch of folks who I beleive will be back for more. Remember, two-days if at all possible, but if you can only make one go for the first day!

Thanks for the compliments, many of you are knocking on the door of Rifleman, just stick with it, dryfire by the numbers, and you will hit it soon. We have two more Shoots on the books in Illinois. One next weekend in Ottawa and another in November in Ottawa....Nov. temps should be about the same as it was in Durand **)

Kenny, thanks for the hospitality! We have 4 shoots ready to go for you in 2010, first being April 17-17/2010. The rest are early enough not to coincide with Opening Day of youth Shotgun Deer season!!! Hope your neighbor's Son got his Buck!

I'll get some pics up soon, having computer issues. Ashes, great pics, though I don't remember my
[t]rusty pick em up truck signing any photo waivers... She is asked for $1.00 per post royalties for your new avatar. This will help maintain her good looks for other potential photo ops. She would also appreciate at least 250 posts per month **)

Hope I see you all on the trail soon!
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz